Powermaster rebuild

I am about to do one. I have the seal kit from Kirpen's . My question is when you press down the inner piston is there a stop where the outer piston move in to get @ the retainer clip ?

What I am referring to is piston guide, that is the one with the retainer clip on it ?

these might help

Attachments

• powermaster power valve applied.png
    powermaster power valve applied.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 87
  • powermaster power valve released.png
    powermaster power valve released.png
    204.5 KB · Views: 81
So the Piston retainer will also move down , too allow the retainer to be removed

Does anybody know if richard clarke still rebuilds these? I heard you can just send them to him and they will do it,also wondering how much it costs. What if you need more than just the seals, any parts available? I have two to get done and one on the car but that one is fine.

I am about to do one. I have the seal kit from Kirpen's . My question is when you press down the inner piston is there a stop where the outer piston move in to get @ the retainer clip ?

What I am referring to is piston guide, that is the one with the retainer clip on it ?

Joe,

Kirpen's, It's the Chinese knock off of the future...........:D

Well , I got the one I got off eBay apart.

Attachments

• P112616_0917.jpg
    P112616_0917.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 99
  • P112616_0917[01].jpg
    P112616_0917[01].jpg
    197 KB · Views: 80
  • P112616_0918[01].jpg
    P112616_0918[01].jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 77
  • P112616_0918.jpg
    P112616_0918.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 93
  • P112616_0918[03].jpg
    P112616_0918[03].jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 79
Do parts 26 (Primary Piston assembly)(two grooves at the end & 23 (reaction piston)(one groove near the reaction disk) get "O" ring(s) on them ? If they do I have the wrong "O" ring kit or I got a different Power master unit

Attachments

• powermaster manual.pdf
    572 KB · Views: 34
Ok, got the Power Piston apart. The very last piece in there (closest to the pedal push rod) how do you get that out ?

Ok, got the Power Piston apart. The very last piece in there (closest to the pedal push rod) how do you get that out ?
The valve seat? Don't bother. Just leave it. That seal behind there never sees any action anyways.

Do parts 26 (Primary Piston assembly)(two grooves at the end & 23 (reaction piston)(one groove near the reaction disk) get "O" ring(s) on them ? If they do I have the wrong "O" ring kit or I got a different Power master unit

No O rings on those. 26 has the piston seal on it but that's not included in the kirban kit last time I checked, so hopefully it's still good

No O rings on those. 26 has the piston seal on it but that's not included in the kirban kit last time I checked, so hopefully it's still good

thank you for the reply. The "piston seal" you are referring to is # 24 the reaction disk ? Yea, its there a little beat up

These are the 3 piston seals that aren't included in the kit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
Sorry I am confused.
Number 24 is there there and there is a good seal on the end of #22

Just clean them up and inspect them for damage it's about all you can do. The Karps kit included these seals but they haven't delivered recently

Sounds good. Lots of dish soap and hot water to clean everything up, then compressed air to blow it all dry. apply some fresh brake fluid to re-assemble it all.

only time I've ever had one kick my ass was because of some lint / debris on the check valve so I learned then that cleanliness is critical on these units.