Powermaster rebuild

If I asked this Question already I am sorry. In the Power Piston assembly , How does one get the inner control valve out? I am not talking about the valve seat at the very bottom. I am referring to the rod that has a flange in the middle of it and has a small "O" ring on the bottom.

I hope I'm thinking of the same part. A pair of needle nose pliers... It should slide out very easily with very little effort

This piece?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 105
It should move easily. That's probably why the other one wouldn't work right.

Agreed, Thank you very much for your help ! I do appreciate it.

It is probability plugged. I notice it has a little feed though hole ?

didnt read this whole thread, but anyone know people buying cores? i have 4 complete units that may work and are ugly or are inop..
might even be interested in getting them rebuilt now that i think about it.

Yep, it popped right out. (This is the original PM from the car, this one the brakes where dragging and slow release when cold) . The other PM that I got used , I tugged on that sucker and it did not move. You are right that has to be what is wrong with that unit.

But back to this one . There is rust on the bottom below the "O" ring how do I clean that (and inside where that sits)

Attachments

• P120116_1749.jpg
    P120116_1749.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 102
Why is there "O" ring on that piece ? I don't see anything behind it , Unless it just holds it in place???

That O ring is sealing brake fluid from leaking into the car and onto your carpeting. The kirban kit has that o ring included so you can replace it.

Try cleaning the rust with wire brushes.

Oh, that is not sealed off behind there? Should /do I also need to remove the pedal rod receiver , that is real rusty

I've never been able to remove the pedal rod receiver but I never really went after it to get it out. If its rusty you should go after it. Get that little retainer clip out and the retainer should come out

Remember not to use any petroleum when your cleaning the rust. Any oil near brake seals will ruin the seal rubber.

Since the larger parts are aluminum, their bore ID's should clean easily and still have a good surface finish for the O ring.

I think I am going to leave the Slug alone. It in there tight & rusted, but it does receive the push rod so.............

I think the slug might have to be freed up? I know it can slide back and forth in there a little bit