Powermaster rebuild

The slug is transmitting pedal force to the control valve, the first few millimeters of pedal travel should open the control valve which activates power assist. Then the rod is pushing the piston after that

Yea, I going to take it out and clean it.
But that is open to the inner control valve? I thought that was blocked off or a machined pocket for the slug to fit into but behind it was blocked off from the internals of the power piston so it could not leak into "slug" .

I recall pushing the slug back and forth from both ends. If it's rusted and stuck I can see why it would seem like it's solid / closed off. But I'm pretty sure it's "live action" and the slug can move back and forth in there a few milimeters.

I just checked a freshened up unit I have on hand and confirmed that the slug is free to move. I didn't take it apart and check it from the inside to verify it's open all the way through, I just checked it from the outside.

I just checked a freshened up unit I have on hand and confirmed that the slug is free to move. I didn't take it apart and check it from the inside to verify it's open all the way through, I just checked it from the outside.

Sorry for all the questions and Thank you for your help.

I think I found my a answer to my question. Page 73 in the manual , they show a picture of the power piston with the outer valve seat removed. Looking at the Power valve housing I see daylight though that hole , where the inner control valve would be sitting.

Got the slug out , Cleaned it. It now moves freely in the bore. Yes it is a open bore. Tomorrow Good Lord will , It goes back together and back on the Car .

Thank you Lord Jesus ! Success ! It is up and running . Tap on the brakes and it almost puts me though the Windshield :).

Looks like my Accumulator is weak. That is next but Success !!!!!!

Thank you everyone for your help and all the Stupid questions I was asking .

Excellent Work!

Will you be storing the car for winter? If so I think it's a good idea to depressurize the unit by keying off and gently pumping it down with 20 or so pedal pumps. That way it's at 0 pressure during storage.

Excellent Work!

Will you be storing the car for winter? If so I think it's a good idea to depressurize the unit by keying off and gently pumping it down with 20 or so pedal pumps. That way it's at 0 pressure during storage.

It's going to be my backup car in case my Van or Wife's Car dies. But Yes , I have done that ,. Now on to doer lock sets :(

Well the ultimate test , 16° this morning . it works beautifully. No sticking ! , Bleed the PM down , because it looks like it going to be a while before I get to drive it again .

Now I have to find a place to align it , it pulling to the right with the new upper control arm in on the passenger side.