pros and cons for a stroker

Was able to dig up this picture.
126ed80549c9da1f29b018a043aef008.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/IMG]
What is the stroke of the engine these pistons and rod are in?

Mines a stroked having lots of issue atm with tuneing and transmission governor! But Ik that it's very impressive with low end torque. I stepped it down Monday after work with a 1.34 volts to the tps. So wasn't too hard by any means And it was sliding sideways before it left the parking spot! It was pretty badass! But idk that I gained much from stroking it yet mainly because of the issues! I will say this tho. Stock stroke noninterference engine strokers are interference engines meaning that stock if something brakes less chance of hurting everything else! I.e. If timing chain brakes cam crank n rods should be ok. But if happens in stroker crank will hit and brake cam!

......... I will say this tho. Stock stroke noninterference engine strokers are interference engines meaning that stock if something brakes less chance of hurting everything else! I.e. If timing chain brakes cam crank n rods should be ok. But if happens in stroker crank will hit and brake cam!

Not sure how many broken timing chains you have experienced in a turbo Buick, but I personally had a few of these bad experiences and know of many others, and you WILL be at least removing a head or 2 to change some valves.

Never heard of a broken cam as a result of a broken chain, and usually the piston damage is minor from the valve contact, and a little polishing will take care of that.

What is the stroke of the engine these pistons and rod are in?
3.59 stroke with 6.5" rod. Based on the measurements they should work with a 3.625 stoke and will bring the piston closer to 0 deck. .
AG.

They are, and if you have six of them laying around you could send them to me so I could put one in every room so I can admire them all the time.;);)
I had this same reaction to a direct drum that Bruce at PST Extreme sent me years ago. I told him that I didn't want to put it in my transmission because I though it belonged on my fireplace mantel.

Last edited:
Interesting thread. I'm currently having my block machined decidingredients if I should go stroker or not. I definitely want it to be very reliable, not sure how that would really get effected by a stroker setup.

If I were building a motor I would go with more cubes and run 9.5:1 cr. You can run a tighter converter and make more power per psi.

Interesting thread. I'm currently having my block machined decidingredients if I should go stroker or not. I definitely want it to be very reliable, not sure how that would really get effected by a stroker setup.
The stroker motors I have seen have held up good.it's in the tune and how well the motor was built.I have driven alot of these cars there is plenty of extra cost in a stroker that only seems to be slightly more responsive on off boost driving.the motor stroker or not will make nothing for power anyway until it's well into boost.

The stroker motors I have seen have held up good.it's in the tune and how well the motor was built.I have driven alot of these cars there is plenty of extra cost in a stroker that only seems to be slightly more responsive on off boost driving.the motor stroker or not will make nothing for power anyway until it's well into boost.
Not sure if it's true, I believe someone posted in this thread the long rod stroker pistons have shorter skirts which would make the piston more likely to rock in the cylinders? Also the fact the wrist pin is in an oil ring?

So these things aren't real issues? The cylinder bores and pistons will last just as long as a stock stroke assembly?

The block itself isn't more likely to split/Crack when pushing the setup?

Not sure if it's true, I believe someone posted in this thread the long rod stroker pistons have shorter skirts which would make the piston more likely to rock in the cylinders? Also the fact the wrist pin is in an oil ring?

So these things aren't real issues? The cylinder bores and pistons will last just as long as a stock stroke assembly?

The block itself isn't more likely to split/Crack when pushing the setup?
Just one of the stroker 109s that made 700rwhp up here runs pretty good and has been together for years.pump gas alky car.

Just one of the stroker 109s that made 700rwhp up here runs pretty good and has been together for years.pump gas alky car.
It sucks I can't see signatures on my cell phone.

What kit are you running? Sounds like an impressive setup.

It sucks I can't see signatures on my cell phone.

What kit are you running? Sounds like an impressive setup.
I prefer not to advertise my personal cars combo but the car I mentioned is a car I have driving experience with but don't own:Dthe car has a twin nozzle meth kit from alkycontrol.

I prefer not to advertise my personal cars combo but the car I mentioned is a car I have driving experience with but don't own:Dthe car has a twin nozzle meth kit from alkycontrol.
Haha, I was meaning what stroker kit but if you can't tell, that's alright.

Haha, I was meaning what stroker kit but if you can't tell, that's alright.
Not sure on that one but I will tell you a stock stroke 109 up here has been right past the stroker 109 with less parts;)

The biggest reason that pistons rock at cold start up is from placing the pin in the center of the piston. There are no adverse effects that a longer stroke causes to the skirt.