Pypes STAINLESS Exhaust System..

I was under the car today installing a pinion snubber from kirbans so I took some shots of the system, sorry for the poor shots but it's it's the best I could do face down under the gas tank.:)

Yeah, that's definitely a PA car.... :(

Thanks anyway Dave, I'm not a racer so not really worried about times, but that might change, thanks for the advise.
I've been using this: Stock Drivetrain Recipe in Stages

Just about done with step 2, would like to get to the HP level in step 3. I got the idea for the snubber from step 2.

What the heck is that supposed to mean?? :rolleyes: Looks good to me NGN!!

JDPolzin... I don't believe Pypes makes the catback in 3".... Torque Tech does though, for a real reasonable price too. Not sure whether it's stainless though. JayC has high praise for them. In fact, I believe in another thread, he said it was probably the best fitting exhaust he has ever seen!, and to me, that coming from him means alot! ;) :biggrin:

It spent most of it's life in NY city, was stolen and recovered without wheels, clean title though not a salvage. It ain't no trailer queen. Thats what happens when you use salt to clear the roads, but my gas mileage keeps getting better:biggrin: At least it's not a flood car, half the used cars being sold here in the Lehigh Valley here are salvage flood cars from florida and louisiana. I'll keep the rust bucket over that any day. :biggrin:

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Shouldn't have narrowed it down to PA, it's the northeast. I used to live up that way myself, and I know what it does to our poor vehicles. Stay on top of it, and look into freshening the underside up and some new undercoating before it's gone. Sorry, didnt mean to seem like I was slamming anyone.

Off the path question but how do you think POR 15 from eastwood would hold up on the floorpans?In the process of recovering the frame and came up with the brainfart as result of the fumes.:eek:

Por 15

I Used It Many Times Works Great. You Have To Get The Scale Off With A Wire Brush Or Wheel. You Can Brush It On. Dry's Smooth. Wear Gloves And Long Sleeves, I Have Some On My Hands For A Week Already!!

i just put on my hooker system and the tail pipes are the same as in the pic above. i would of thought that the pipes would of came out past the quarter so it dont burn the paint....

I was worried about that too but i,ve left it idle for 15min hot and the qtr isn't even warm, took it down the highway and stopped at the gas station same. The exhaust pulse is pretty strong, so no gasses are rising until they are out past the qtr.

Just checked Summits site and they are listed for only $294 for SGG-50R , seems like a great deal!

but it says it dosent ship until 5/3/08 and the prices on the pypes web page are a little higher $433.04. im in the market for a new exhaust and may consider this one.

Just checked Summits site and they are listed for only $294 for SGG-50R , seems like a great deal!

Man!!! Beat that!!! :biggrin: That's the one I'm gonna' get... w/ the race muffs! Let us know how it sounds if you dive in!

Maybe i did something wrong when i went to their site.The price was $329 with no options on the muffler.

Everyone should order that 50R kit while the price is wrong and make Summit honor it.

Just placed the order, ships on 5/5. Not real excited about drilling holes in the frame to mount but otherwise sounds like an all around good deal.