Pypes STAINLESS Exhaust System..

I just installed one on my Turbo T sunday and started it yesterday. Sounds real nice as good as my ATR system on the GN I would say.

The fit is good too.

Maybe i did something wrong when i went to their site.The price was $329 with no options on the muffler.

When you go to the summit site, the only system they list via point and click method is the SGG-50S, ('S'=street muffs). If you use the site 'search' feature and search for SGG-50R, you get the system with 'R'=race mufflers. HTH! :)

Just got off the phone with Summit from ordering my exhaust. I also talked to Pype's before I ordered. They stated that the reason there is a delay in the shipping is because they ran out of Race Mufflers but they just finished them so the orders should be going out. I also talked to the tech rep at Pype's and they said that they went all stainless in February.

The total cost from Summit for the PYE-SGG50R came to $306.70 shipped to my door. They are not charging me until the item ships which is scheduled for May 5th.

9daysbefore

I was in the market for a new exhaust too, this looks like a good deal! I wish the Exhaust tip went a lil further back, but fot that price, I can live with it.

Anyone know how much a muffler shop would get to install this kit? Hi-Lo estimate

Why does it say on SUMMIT's site that it's made of steel and is aluminized? You sure it's stainless?

Pypes Performance SGG50R $294.95
Estimated Ship Date: 5/11/08

Brand: Pypes Performance
Product Line: Pypes Race Pro Dual Exhaust Systems
Part Type: Exhaust Systems
Part Number: PYE-SGG50R
Exit Quantity: Dual
Exit Location: Split side
System Material: Steel
System Finish: Aluminized

System Style: Cat-back
Muffler Included: Yes
Muffler Quantity: Two
Muffler Configuration: Single inlet/Single outlet
Muffler Style: Turbo
Exhaust Type: Single in/Dual out
Hardware Included: Yes
Inlet Quantity: Single
Intermediate Pipe Diameter (in): 2.500 in.
Tailpipe Diameter (in): 2.500 in.
Tip Included: No
Quantity: Sold as a kit.
Notes: Includes perforated tube design mufflers, side exit tailpipes, hangers, and clamps.

It's definitely stainless. Summit probably hasn't updated their website.... it IS a rather big site... :wink: Pypes switched ALL their product line to stainless in Feb. '08. Thus being the point of this thread to begin with... you can call pypes and verify if ya' want....

Last week did a comparison at summits site they list 3 different systems,one aluminized,race,and stainless.All 3 have different part #'s

I'm interested in the pypes myself and I'd like to konw how hard it will be to install myself.

Exhaust

Hey man, did you get this exhaust put on? How does it sound, look? How hard was it to install? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Thanks,
Ryan

Sounds great, really happy with how it sounds! Due to my extreamly busy schedule this time of year I had a buddy put it on, he said he had to cut one pipe about 2" and one side is slightly lower than the other, but I can't tell !
For the money spent this was the way to go for me.
Good luck guys

???

Sounds great, really happy with how it sounds! Due to my extreamly busy schedule this time of year I had a buddy put it on, he said he had to cut one pipe about 2" and one side is slightly lower than the other, but I can't tell !
For the money spent this was the way to go for me.
Good luck guys

When I put mine in I did not have to cut anything. The fit was fine. Just had to drill a couple holes in the frame for the tailpipe hangers (see pics) and find a spot to mount the muffler hangers. Used milk crates to hold everything in place while aligning and mounting. Directions say start from rear, if you start from front there will be less adjusting aligning...I think.

Hi Guys, Mine came with the street pro's (from summit for $329.) I love the sound, to me it sounds allot better than the stock system. I've heard the single 3" too and that sounds too much like like a dodge diesel pickup. My spool up seemed faster after I replaced the stock system, but probably anything is an improvement over stock. I couldn't believe it was stainless for that price. I'll find some bologna cut tips for it cheap somewhere but for now it's fine. :)

Tail pipe looks like 2 1/4". Are you sure it is 2 1/2"? I'm referring to the pics NGNOwner posted on page one of this thread.

i had the race version put on last week. fit was perfect and the car is whisper quiet. it is 2 1/2 .

I have one in the garage waiting to go on my buddies car. This exhaust is amazingly nice with an unbelievable price. I have yet to see anything wrong with it.

2 3/4 SS Exhaust Systems

We have been selling US made 304L stainless Steel and aluminized exhaust systems in 2 3/4" dual Cat-Backs and 3" single systems for 10 years now. You choose the muffler! Why spend your money supporting a foreign country? Support US Made products! Support your Buick community vendors!

Paul
SE TURBO Performance, Inc.
Dallas, Ga.