Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

BINGO post 880 nailed it GNX had black valve stem caps all Turbo Regal 1984-1987 had the grey ones as did the Monte Carlos.....it appears based on my junk yard experience to be limited to those few years as I have found them on spare tires on Fiero models.

Today we sell a reproduction that looks identical.

Just one of those small nitch items that most owners paid little heed to over the years.,

deezdad contact my office I shipped your alternator today restored to your buddy...Steve

same rules current winner has to step back on the next question.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

BINGO post 880 nailed it GNX had black valve stem caps all Turbo Regal 1984-1987 had the grey ones as did the Monte Carlos.....it appears based on my junk yard experience to be limited to those few years as I have found them on spare tires on Fiero models.

Today we sell a reproduction that looks identical.

Just one of those small nitch items that most owners paid little heed to over the years.,

deezdad contact my office I shipped your alternator today restored to your buddy...Steve

same rules current winner has to step back on the next question.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot Dennis, email sent..

Kirban Update

Not the rite answer GN Rick....good effort though Buick needs to make a 2 dr coupe to ignite sales not convertibles and station wagons.

game still on....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Road master
Impala
Caprice
Malibu
Invicta
LeMans
Lakewood (corvair)
Dynamic 88
Super 88
Super Chief
Safari
Star Chief
Satellite
Catalina
Vega
Estate

kirban Update

First Claude post above is close answer is above in that long listing posted member in the future ONE GUESS PER POST

Answer I was seeking is the Safari....had a huge hit in 1960 the Safari was Pontiacs answer to the Chevy popular Nomad.
Nomad has always been popular.

Its getting tougher and tougher to come up with questions that pose a challenge turbo regal related....

everyone is eligible next round member one guess per entry...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Next week is hectic for me as my OPen House is next Saturday will be probably our biggest since our 20th was 10 years back....when I was younger.

Even GN Rick is coming for the very first time probably a 700 mile trip or so for him....

BINGO POST 892 gn rick nailed it the man who never sleeps has to take a pass on the next question.

even the repro that Cardone has comes from Germany.....and has been virtually trouble free as I have sold ALOT of them over the last 10-12 years.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban Update

For many years GM had a unwritten rule or it may have been a hard and fast rule that no aftermarket or other company could have their company name visible on a GM vehicle.

Their has always been one exception to that rule.

What is that exception?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I guess the Calloway Twin Turbo Vette did not have the word Calloway on it. RPO B2K.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Kirban Update no correct answer yet the rules changed around 1965. Not sure what year Callaway Vette you are referring if after 1965 no issue also I am referring to cars straight from GM not ones that are modified after they are built at a GM factory.

On a side note Callaway is a customer of ours and has been for over 5 years now....obviousily they are not buying Buick parts from us.

Again prior to 1964/65 it was an unwritten or a written rule of thumb that no supplier/company could have their name visible on the car/truck with one execption...what was that exception?

Hurst was the first to become the SECOND company permitted to have their company name visible. That was a defining moment for Hurst I am sure course Ford and Chrysler allowed the Hurst name as well. . I have no idea of their rules back then pertaining the a visible company name.

But Hurst I know a lot about.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com