Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Kirban Update no correct answer yet the rules changed around 1965. Not sure what year Callaway Vette you are referring if after 1965 no issue also I am referring to cars straight from GM not ones that are modified after they are built at a GM factory.

On a side note Callaway is a customer of ours and has been for over 5 years now....obviousily they are not buying Buick parts from us.

Again prior to 1964/65 it was an unwritten or a written rule of thumb that no supplier/company could have their name visible on the car/truck with one execption...what was that exception?

Hurst was the first to become the SECOND company permitted to have their company name visible. That was a defining moment for Hurst I am sure course Ford and Chrysler allowed the Hurst name as well. . I have no idea of their rules back then pertaining the a visible company name.

But Hurst I know a lot about.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Callaway Twin Turbo was a Regular Production Option, RPO B2K, on a few years of late 80's C4 Vettes. It was not considered aftermarket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Callaway Twin Turbo was a Regular Production Option, RPO B2K, on a few years of late 80's C4 Vettes. It was not considered aftermarket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ok Like I said originally this rule written or unwritten was PRIOR to that time frame....mid 1960s....is when GM did this.. Hurst from what I underestand was the lst company outside of a tire supplier to have their name visible on a GM car/truck model.

The Callaway Vette you refer to came later as you indicated.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

see my next post.

BINGO POST 899 tires is the answer by T charged.....

I believe Hurst in 1965 was the first aftermarket company to be able to have their company name visible on a GM product. The prior year 1964 GTO Hurst was not allowed the have their name on their shifter in the GM cars...think about that for a minute you land an account with a major car maker and you can't have your name on the chrome stick. Granted I was not there but that had to be upsetting for Hurst.

For 1965 Hurst was permitted to have their name on the chrome stick. I am told Hurst then charged a $1 more. The reasoning was GM realized the Hurst name was very well respected and known among buyers.

GM still cut corners and used their own linkage rather than the positive threaded linkage Hurst shifters came with.

True story

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Today you can see various names on production cars.

Again I don't know if it was a written law or one of those unwritten laws but prior to 1965 I don;t think any aftermarket name was visible except for the tire supplier for GM. Ford and Chrysler I have no idea.

Willpost next quesiotn later tonite....

kirban update

next question here goes

one guess only per entry, current winner has to take a pass on this one

You own a original 1987 Turbo-T

What is the smallest coil spring you can locate on your car in the area in front of your firewall.

As usual answer has to match mine.

game starts now.

Isn't there a spring in the power master assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is also an oil bypass spring by the oil pump, and a tension spring for the tps. Headlights Have adjustment springs too. Radiator cap has a spring too. Trying to read Kirban's mind is no easy task. Also coil springs in front suspension, and valve springs too. There are springs in the wiper assemblies which, when extended forward, would be in front of the firewall. I think the thermostat has a spring, too. IAC valve has a spring.

Last edited:
Is there a spring in the hood light socket to give the bulb pressure? Throttle control spring? Starting to run out of guesses here.

There is also an oil bypass spring by the oil pump, and a tension spring for the tps. Headlights Have adjustment springs too. Radiator cap has a spring too. Trying to read Kirban's mind is no easy task. Also coil springs in front suspension, and valve springs too. There are springs in the wiper assemblies which, when extended forward, would be in front of the firewall. I think the thermostat has a spring, too. IAC valve has a spring.

Per instructions from Dennis Kirban, "one guess only per entry".........

Oh, and the hood light is on a mercury switch.

kirban update

no correct answer yet even with GN Rick practically writing a book on Turbo Regal springs...

lets narrow it down a little this spring is kinda visible with very little effort.

GN Rick email me need to know how many people for friday nite dinner I got a place reserved....we can flip a coin heads you buy tails I buy....I pick the coin....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Per instructions from Dennis Kirban, "one guess only per entry".........

Oh, and the hood light is on a mercury switch.
I knew about the mercury, I just thought maybe there is a spring to put tension on the bulb so it fits tight. Boy after all those guesses and I still didn't guess it...or maybe I did and Dennis missed it like the gnx welting question...

kirban update

no correct answer yet even with GN Rick practically writing a book on Turbo Regal springs...

lets narrow it down a little this spring is kinda visible with very little effort.

GN Rick email me need to know how many people for friday nite dinner I got a place reserved....we can flip a coin heads you buy tails I buy....I pick the coin....

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Email sent.