Ridetech Coilovers!

So if I understand correctly, if I use the RideTech coilovers on the front I need to get the trunion mount and beef up the mounting point on my factory lower control arms?

I would. Think about it, the force of the car's weight is focused on those two bolt holes in the bottom of the spring cup. I would try to double it at least. I welcome other opinions to join in. I've inspected the doubler I added to my arms and they are holding up well with not signs of bending or distortion.
So if I understand correctly, if I use the RideTech coilovers on the front I need to get the trunion mount and beef up the mounting point on my factory lower control arms?

Ridetech says that it's not necessary on the G-body vehicles due to the A-arm construction and the metal thickness. In all the G-bodies they have installed coil overs on they have yet to have a failure on the stock lower control arm mounting point. The trunion mount should go "On Top" of the lower a-arm to properly support the coil over and NOT be mounted from the bottom like the factory shock!

Putting an adapter under it for added support will not hurt anything and only make it stronger...