Starting the S-10 Blazer brake conversion

If your front brakes are shot and you can get the setup for a reasonable cost, it's worth doing. I don't know if it's worth paying over 250 bucks to have it though.

Nice write up so far Chris, I did the S-10 Blazer brake conversion on my GN a few years ago also. It made a very nice improvement over the stock brake set up,
I also used stainlesss brake lines with the swap over.

I am starting this swap myself. I bought it off a member off this board. I had to buy some dust shields, waiting for those to arrive.

Question for those who have done this, when putting this together are the steps as follows:

Knuckle then the dust shield followed by the Hub correct? Also the oring goes around the hub to provide a seal to keep debris from entering.

Anything else I'm missing?

Cut the "abs" wire off if it's still hanging there. Put a little grease in the pocket before installing the hub bearing.

Reason I asked was because I received these and was not sure if they are needed or not?

By the way, apologize to the OP for posting this in his thread.

Attachments

• image-2981794608.jpg
    image-2981794608.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 187
  • image-2379364498.jpg
    image-2379364498.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 177
Reason I asked was because I received these and was not sure if they are needed or not?

By the way, apologize to the OP for posting this in his thread.
I believe you use those instead of dustshield to keep correct spacing when hub is attached to spindles when upgrading to larger rotors and corvette calipers

Bought the rebuilt kits from Orielly's. They where like $6.50 each. Elbow grease and new paint and they are done.

Nice post. I'm about to do upgrade also, is there a part number for rebuild kit?
Was also wondering if they sell replacement O-ring that goes between hub and spindle.

Ok, been working on this slowly but, it's starting to come together. I get carried away when I start cleaning.
10.JPG

11.JPG

Control arms are done. Ready to go back on. I went back with all factory parts. I want a good riding car!
12.JPG

12.JPG

Attachments

• 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 134
Im cutting the front springs to lower the car some. About 1-1/4 off each side. I will start painting the front tonight then start the assembly of the front. Will keep everyone posted.
I haven't done anything with the brake lines yet. Will tackle that soon. Also, im still undecided on the front shock to go with. Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Are you going to use dust shields?

Not sure if they are really needed it or not?

I too am deciding if I should replace the shocks. Currently using KYBs.

This is not a easy job. It takes time to do it right. Sure I could of pulled the old brakes off and put the new ones on in a day. I wanted to rebuilt the front end anyways and this was a good time to do it.

Dust shields are on there. I would use them. I had KYB's on there pulled them off and they seemed ok but, the ride sucked with them on so, Im going with something else. Not sure what yet. Im currently looking at the ridetech shocks. I need to call them and see if they are right for my application.