STEP BY STEP ENGINE REBUILD!

That fuel line off the Schrader valve? - does it loop all the way across the core support and head to a hood mounted gauge? That's one of the longer species I've witnessed in the field.

That fuel line off the Schrader valve? - does it loop all the way across the core support and head to a hood mounted gauge? That's one of the longer species I've witnessed in the field.
It wad initialy for a hood mounted fuel pressure gauge but i just used it to check my fuel pressure on the car thats all i had it will be out of there after winter!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You know - you could grab a tensioner for little money
Have you searched for new one lately?

hello; From what I've seen it seems all parts for these cars go for some cash and the tensioner usually moves fast. I do like your idea and it will be helpful and kinda fun as you never know what you might find. I've never pulled a TB engine so I'd like to see you continue posting. Also don't be afraid to post your bloopers as there's going to be a few. Winters almost here and that will keep you busy.
You say you have 20" of snow already?
have fun
IBBY
take your time and have fun

hello; From what I've seen it seems all parts for these cars go for some cash and the tensioner usually moves fast. I do like your idea and it will be helpful and kinda fun as you never know what you might find. I've never pulled a TB engine so I'd like to see you continue posting. Also don't be afraid to post your bloopers as there's going to be a few. Winters almost here and that will keep you busy.
You say you have 20" of snow already?
have fun
IBBY
For sure i will put every mistake on here so others whont do the same and thank you for folowing me and sharing your knowledge with us it is very apreciated!
Nothing wrong with a little practice. :rolleyes:
For sure practice makes perfect!

Yes! X2. I saw one removed because of loose torque converter bolts... Better to know what the initial problem is.
Well my torque converter is nice and tight bolts are not loose took alternator and tensioner off and went around the block noise still there and from the sound of it It realy sounds like piston flap and it only starts at 2800-3000 rpm under that no noise!

Looks like you may be removing the engine. One thing (I'm sure there will be more) to remember is to support the transmission when you pull the engine.

Looks like you may be removing the engine. One thing (I'm sure there will be more) to remember is to support the transmission when you pull the engine.

Why is that? I've never seen the tranny supported when the engine comes out.

The engine is supported in the middle of the block by motor mounts on both sides. Trans bolts to the engine; trans is only supported at the very back with a mount on the cross member. When you pull the engine out (up and forward) the trans WILL drop unless you have a support under it.

I will be pulling engine and tranny cause its a th-350 right now i whant to put back the 200r4!

I will be pulling engine and tranny cause its a th-350 right now i whant to put back the 200r4!

I would like to hear any Pros/Cons to R&R the motor and tranny together vs separated on a complete stock rebuild of both?
Is the more to be removed with this method?
Is it easier to get in/out as a complete unit?
What should you watch out for?
Clearance? Hood off ?

I would like to hear any Pros/Cons to R&R the motor and tranny together vs separated on a complete stock rebuild of both?
Is the more to be removed with this method?
Is it easier to get in/out as a complete unit?
What should you watch out for?
Clearance? Hood off ?
I am taking motor and tranny together i am releasing the 2 hood shocks and opening the hood to almost 90 degree!

I am taking motor and tranny together i am releasing the 2 hood shocks and opening the hood to almost 90 degree!

Thanks, I will look forward to hearing how it all goes. Are you leaving the headers and starter on ?