*****STOLEN***** truck/trailer/car

Has the GSCA or Beech Bend (D Jones) put any pressure on the BG Police at all?
My family lives there and only one person has even heard about it.
I may be wrong but it sure doesnt seem anyone (Police) is making a big deal about this other than us Buick guys?
It makes me angry.

Just NOW saw a goosneck triple trailer heading WEST on Ohio Turnpike toward Rt250 (norwalk) interchange behind a gray or silver Dodge dually.

It had a GN racecar on the tail. Two other latemodels ahead of it.

The gray dodge that was stolen was a half ton.

There was a stock lookin 87 gn on a car hauler at port bayonne NJ but it didnt match the description of billys car and you have to have the title to send the cars off this one had an oil leak and wasnt anyones track car blus it was two days after they were stolen so thats a lil far for it to make it that fast..I got my eyes peeled cause im in and out or the ports and warehouses all the time..
To put it in perspective i just happened to stumble upon the warehouse where they are keeping the maybach that jay-z and kanye west cut up for the OTIS music video.....

I wish people would get it together and post pics all the cars that are missing the trucks and trailers and unique parts so we can look for them..It seems the cars came north from everything im reading the longer we wait to get the info out the harder it will be to recover anything....Ill keep my eyes peeled....Hope everyone recovers thier cars :(

Heard about this on a four-eyed Fox Mustang site. Keeping an eye out here in NYC. Also to the OP, consider placing various CL ads LOOKING for parts and/or cars. Sometimes people don't advertise and wait to see what someone wants. Just a thought. Fingers crossed.

Local cops are not going to do anything regarding out of state cars, they barely care about their own stolen cars.

Got a feeling whoever took these cars are sitting on them. Would be crazy to start selling parts off of them already. More than likely they will wait for the heat to die down. This really sucks that there were no witnesses to either confirmed heists. The guy with the Dodge Ram setup would help things if he could get some pictures posted up. Any confirmation on the 3 car hauler actually being stolen and whose it was? Hopefully whoever took them gets cold feet and they turn up. Would hate to think of them being cut up or being shipped overseas. Guess they could also turn up street racing somewhere with changes to disguise them. Still holding out for a good ending to this for all involved.

Years ago I saw a race rig up in front of me in a rainstorm on I-95 in CT and then recognized it as a local garages 442 drag car that used to belong to an old friend of mine. I knew the current owner of the car and blew the horn as I drove by it. Turns out it was in the process of being stolen. Parts turned up later in Bridgeport CT, cesspool of the state. No offense GNBRETT.

So I saw in one of the threads (on the bullet I think) were someone from the BG chamber of commerce offered to help. Might be worth calling

This was posted on a Chicago area racing message board, might be old news....
2 people saw the car and trailer heading North! It was South of Indianapolis at 9:00am on 65. Then in Ohio, on 75 heading North at about 12:30pm. One of my friends was leaving the Holiday Inn the morning that this GN was stolen. He left at 4:30am and the GN was still there! He said there was a group of "hoodlems" roaming around at the time he left. The cars that were stolen most likely are headed for Michigan.

Got a feeling whoever took these cars are sitting on them. Would be crazy to start selling parts off of them already. More than likely they will wait for the heat to die down. This really sucks that there were no witnesses to either confirmed heists. The guy with the Dodge Ram setup would help things if he could get some pictures posted up. Any confirmation on the 3 car hauler actually being stolen and whose it was? Hopefully whoever took them gets cold feet and they turn up. Would hate to think of them being cut up or being shipped overseas. Guess they could also turn up street racing somewhere with changes to disguise them. Still holding out for a good ending to this for all involved.

Years ago I saw a race rig up in front of me in a rainstorm on I-95 in CT and then recognized it as a local garages 442 drag car that used to belong to an old friend of mine. I knew the current owner of the car and blew the horn as I drove by it. Turns out it was in the process of being stolen. Parts turned up later in Bridgeport CT, cesspool of the state. No offense GNBRETT.
none taken. its the armpit of new england for a reason.

they are not recored. they are there to observe traffic congestion and current accident locations.

While that may seem useless, there were enough viewers that TB kept timing out on me. If we had public access to those cams an ad hoc committee of watchers could have been formed from us within minutes, and traded thru this thread as other obligations made others stepping up necessary. I'm betting there would have been more than one pair of eyes on about every cam within reasonable time-range of that rig.

If I'd had my car with me, I would have been on that pike a mere mile or so behind it, looking for that front air dam while on the phone with OSHP. Just wasn't possible with nuthin but my old truck yesterday that I could've caught up though. With only one exit between here and Fremont 38mi away from where I saw, the chances would've been good. Damnit, I'm sorry I couldn't have done more Billy.

From what I saw in my 4-5 seconds,,, gray or silver 4dr Dodge dually hauling a triple, no obvious signage on doors, GN on tail, spent half my time making sure it was for sure a GN shape and not another g-body. Two other late model cars ahead. One light, one black. GN was a brasher black in the sun than it's neighbor, kinda shaped like a Hyundai Genesis or something. GN, tinted windows, Big rear tires, black center rims. Definitely not the BBS style street rims, obvious racecar. Fronts seemed to show alotta silver, thought that was light coming thru and showing the brakes til I just now reviewed the pics of the small centers on those racing rims. The one day I don't have my lil street rocket w me, and I coulda used it to be a hero, or not alarmed the community. I didn't know anything about any stolen silver dodge half ton, but that never coulda hauled this load anyhow. Had to correct HP on my second call that it wasn't likely a registered vehicle that their plate cams would detect, it was a drag racecar. I didn't know,
I hadn't seen any view with a tag. But I woulda been looking for that air dam up front had I been able to chase.

I was REALLY hoping to read of a happy call this morning...:frown:

Still got my fingers crossed for ya Billy. I read these stories from some event every year. It makes me sick.

What boggles my mind is IF these cars/rigs are heading down an interstate as far as Michigan "Why the hell haven't they been spotted/stopped by now"?? They do an Amber alert for a missing kid but where is that when a caravan of stolen rigs/cars are actually going down the interstate???? Just pisses me off that these dickheads are just driving away with everyone's stuff and nobody has seen or done s**t....

I am still praying everyone gets their belongings back in one piece...

Scot W.

I would imagine guys of this caliber had a big truck and trailer close and loaded it all up and away they went.

These aren't joyriders and I seriously doubt they are gonna be chugging up interstate 3 days later.

That being said, I pray they are still tucked away safe and sound and will be recovered.

It's possible they are still in KY. Diesel truck theft is not uncommon in these parts. There were trucks stolen from a plant I used to work at during day shift, they pull the engines and trannys and the rest ends up at a " no questions asked " scrap metal yard or left on the side of the road somewhere.
They could have looked at getting the car and trailer as a bonus.

Just look at a map, if they stole this stuff at 1 AM and did actually drive it up interstate it appeaers they could have been in several major cities and hidden before the sun came up.

It's possible they are still in KY. Diesel truck theft is not uncommon in these parts. There were trucks stolen from a plant I used to work at during day shift, they pull the engines and trannys and the rest ends up at a " no questions asked " scrap metal yard or left on the side of the road somewhere.
They could have looked at getting the car and trailer as a bonus.

That would be great if they actually were setting on them still in Kentucky waiting for the heat to simmer down :cool:

Just look at a map, if they stole this stuff at 1 AM and did actually drive it up interstate it appeaers they could have been in several major cities and hidden before the sun came up.

I would bet they didn't go far. Prolly inside a pole barn not too far from where they were stolen. I would bet the perps are locals who are very comfortable within their area. They take advantage of events when that come to town. Stealing vehicles that are easy targets. Meaning, older vehicles that are easy targets and too old for on star. They got a nice score on Billy's ride. I hope he has good insurance.

One thing I find funny, don't see any posts here from Kentucky folk...... :p

RL

What boggles my mind is IF these cars/rigs are heading down an interstate as far as Michigan "Why the hell haven't they been spotted/stopped by now"?? They do an Amber alert for a missing kid but where is that when a caravan of stolen rigs/cars are actually going down the interstate???? Just pisses me off that these dickheads are just driving away with everyone's stuff and nobody has seen or done s**t....

I am still praying everyone gets their belongings back in one piece...

Scot W.

Even if we had seen it, wouldn't have thought much about it at the time. Had the signs been up it would have been a different story.

I encourage everyone to put an ad on CL and post a like to FB. I put it up yesterday and here is the response I received today:

Hi, I read your craigslist posting and thought you might be interested in this website. They search for stolen property being sold over the internet.
Here's a link so you can see for yourself.
Stolen Property Database : Nationwide Stolen Property Recovery : Pawn Alert
Good luck!

Someone knows where these cars are at.

One of the ones stolen wasn't silver was it? Check this out, $40K car for $8,500?:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/2654831116.html