*****STOLEN***** truck/trailer/car

If............

I was a crook,
I'd have put the cars into a enclosed trailer immediately.
then hide the trucks,
I feel they were after the cars, not the trucks.
the truck would go to mexico, quick sale, no questions.
the cars were wanted for the parts,and $$$.

everyone needs to be vigilant and continue to look around,
someone will slip up, then the wrath of the buick world will.................. PAYBACK!;)

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I don't think a 3-car truck/trailer actually got stolen. Currently, there is only a rumor that it happened. NO ONE has come forward, at least not on the internet, with a claim that it went missing. It would seem obvious that any info pertaining to a major car fanatic (assuming the three were all owned by one owner) should be posted on the web immediately. No confirmation, no names or descriptions, no police report.....

I think it was just a rumor. Anyone thinking the same as I am??

Truckers APB I am sure it can be done..

Here is an idea, if anybody has a friend who is a trucker have him put out an APB to all truckers are that area and nearby states, I am sure they will see something as they are always on the road 24/7 and if they do see anything report it right away to the authorities, just a thought..

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I don't think a 3-car truck/trailer actually got stolen.

I don't think so either.. I just posted this on another forum.

Here is an idea, if anybody has a friend who is a trucker have him put out an APB to all truckers are that area and nearby states, I am sure they will see something as they are always on the road 24/7 and if they do see anything report it right away to the authorities, just a thought..

It already has been.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I don't think a 3-car truck/trailer actually got stolen. Currently, there is only a rumor that it happened. NO ONE has come forward, at least not on the internet, with a claim that it went missing. It would seem obvious that any info pertaining to a major car fanatic (assuming the three were all owned by one owner) should be posted on the web immediately. No confirmation, no names or descriptions, no police report.....

Along with Dan (grumpy) I think the same. I think somewhere along the way, somebody jumped to conclusions and the rest is history. If there were 3 other vehicles, especially 3 all taken at one shot, we would have heard about it by now.

Spoke with Bowling Green PD, they are NOT assigning this case to a detective. So if anything is going to be located, it's going to happen by us.

As of this posting, nothing has been located. :( :( :(

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Maybe some pressure from Beech Bend or the Buick Club, if this isn't important to Bowling Green, maybe it's time to locate the show somewhere else. Someone posted about it bringing in 1.5 Mil back in 2006 to the bowling green area.

Nice to know they don't care enough about vehicles stolen in their back yard to look closely at it. Must be too busy looking for the Bandit:confused:

Any chance of local traffic cameras having footage? In this day and age, I'd like to think even Kentucky has heard of them.
Good luck Billy, hope this story has a happy ending.

Kevin.

Billy are you freaking kidding me !!!!!!!! I just sent them a message we ALL need to send them one. Here is the one I sent !
One of our members on turbobuick.com had his TRUCK,TRAILER, and Grand national buick stolen at the event last week up there. Now we are hearing your department is NOT going to assign a detective to try and find the thief's. Are you kidding me ! This is a yearly event that brings a LOT of money into your town. If this is the way we will be treated I personally will do my best to have the event moved AWAY from your town.
and here is where you go to send it to them !
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sg=AFQjCNGKSC3aNc-APxSMStQOvuT8AtAZPg&cad=rja

Dont really think with a tracking device the cops would really give a chit, if there is no money to confiscate or headlines be made from an arrest there not rally interested.

recently my wife's best friend had her cell phone stolen out of her purse while at walmart, here is how much the cops cared.

while she was looking at cereal with here little girl (3 year old ) in the cart, she turns around and:

mom: gonna call your dad and see what cereal he wants
3yr old: your phone is not in your purse mom
mom: where is it ( while looking in her purse)
3yr old: a man took it ( she told here mom as she starts crying)

she contacts security at walmart and the check the video cameras and sure enough the have it on tape, caught red handed, they call the cops,
cops show up and say there nothing they can do, she ask use the computer and log in to her gps on the computer and it shows exactly where the phone is

cop: its at the lancer motel
mom: go get my phone and i want him arrested, i just bought that phone paid $450
cop: the lancer is a know motel hang out for drug dealers and gang members
mom: your a cop do your job the guy is probably a druggy you have him on video i will press charges its not like you have to look for him you know where hes at
cop: just buy yourself a new phone
mom: i just bought that one two weeks ago and paid $450
cop: sorry ( as he walked out )

she tracked the phone for a week the thief went from the hotel to rehab, taco bell, back to walmart and misc other places, she would call the police and advise them of his location.

DO YOU THINK THEY DID ANYTHING OR TRIED TO ARREST HIM NOPE, all she got was a were to busy

guess grand theft not worth there time, and you figure, hanging out at a know druggy hotel.

let me see
search/ arrest warrant

while searching the hotel they will probably find drugs giving the rehab is a know place where the court sends user and who know what else they will find

what else would you expect

i know i'll piss a lot of cops on this board off, but just stating facts i heard with my two ears, not some 3rd hand BS or wives tale

Spoke with Bowling Green PD, they are NOT assigning this case to a detective. So if anything is going to be located, it's going to happen by us.

As of this posting, nothing has been located. :( :( :(

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

WOW!! That's bull****!!! I guess BG police sucks!!! They must be real busy in there busy town? I hope you find her Billy.

Most likely they look at it as just another stolen car. something that probably happens 2-3 times a day there.

This just sucks

Un-frickin-believable.

Think of how much revenue that town takes in from car events throughout the year.

If word gets out that people's rides are getting stolen out of parking lots and the cops don't make any effort to recover them think of what that could mean for that town. Not just our event but others as well.

Dont really think with a tracking device the cops would really give a chit, if there is no money to confiscate or headlines be made from an arrest there not rally interested.

recently my wife's best friend had her cell phone stolen out of her purse while at walmart, here is how much the cops cared.

while she was looking at cereal with here little girl (3 year old ) in the cart, she turns around and:

mom: gonna call your dad and see what cereal he wants
3yr old: your phone is not in your purse mom
mom: where is it ( while looking in her purse)
3yr old: a man took it ( she told here mom as she starts crying)

she contacts security at walmart and the check the video cameras and sure enough the have it on tape, caught red handed, they call the cops,
cops show up and say there nothing they can do, she ask use the computer and log in to her gps on the computer and it shows exactly where the phone is

cop: its at the lancer motel
mom: go get my phone and i want him arrested, i just bought that phone paid $450
cop: the lancer is a know motel hang out for drug dealers and gang members
mom: your a cop do your job the guy is probably a druggy you have him on video i will press charges its not like you have to look for him you know where hes at
cop: just buy yourself a new phone
mom: i just bought that one two weeks ago and paid $450
cop: sorry ( as he walked out )

she tracked the phone for a week the thief went from the hotel to rehab, taco bell, back to walmart and misc other places, she would call the police and advise them of his location.

DO YOU THINK THEY DID ANYTHING OR TRIED TO ARREST HIM NOPE, all she got was a were to busy

guess grand theft not worth there time, and you figure, hanging out at a know druggy hotel.

let me see
search/ arrest warrant

while searching the hotel they will probably find drugs giving the rehab is a know place where the court sends user and who know what else they will find

what else would you expect

i know i'll piss a lot of cops on this board off, but just stating facts i heard with my two ears, not some 3rd hand BS or wives tale
well, that certainly isnt the way a cop should handle that situation but even when the US Marshals track a known felon with murder charges who is using their cell phone the technology will only narrow it down to maybe the hotel itself.

GPS cell tracking does not tell you which hotel room it is in. its just not that exact. the police know that and that is why they knew there was little they could do for her. its petty larceny by statute. on a scale of 1-6 here in CT as far as larcency goes it would be a 6 with 1 being grand larceny or larcent 1st as we would call it.

a search warrant would have to be specific to a particular hotel room and an arrest warrant would have to be specific to an individual. no police department is going allocate resources to find a stolen cell phone unless the person they are lookn for is wanted for a serious felony. it would require man power and surviellance time.

but if the cop took the time to explain that to ur wife she and you might not have felt chit on by the police. like every profession, useful people and useless people. he happened to be useless.

Un-frickin-believable.

Think of how much revenue that town takes in from car events throughout the year.

If word gets out that people's rides are getting stolen out of parking lots and the cops don't make any effort to recover them think of what that could mean for that town. Not just our event but others as well.

Agreed.
The internet is a powerful tool. The word is already getting out. When the word makes it back to Beechbend I think they will be making some calls to the local PD. Good luck in recovering the cars.

Bryan

Billy are you freaking kidding me !!!!!!!! I just sent them a message we ALL need to send them one. Here is the one I sent !
One of our members on turbobuick.com had his TRUCK,TRAILER, and Grand national buick stolen at the event last week up there. Now we are hearing your department is NOT going to assign a detective to try and find the thief's. Are you kidding me ! This is a yearly event that brings a LOT of money into your town. If this is the way we will be treated I personally will do my best to have the event moved AWAY from your town.
and here is where you go to send it to them !
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sg=AFQjCNGKSC3aNc-APxSMStQOvuT8AtAZPg&cad=rja

I just copied and past the same thing to them.We should all do the same.

Shaun