tell me what injector to go with here please

I maybe reconsidering my Racetronix 510 double pumper. Second pump doesn't kick on until 15# and that maybe too late. I do have a larger return line, so maybe have both pumps on at all times? Just thinking out loud

I am not sure. If I go to a larger pump I am using Nick Micale's twin DW300 pumps. Not sure how they work, just know they have a good reputation. Got to look at some numbers first on the 120s coming and see if there is a "hole" in my tune that caused the issue, or was it really the injectors.

After all is said and done, here is a shot of my dyno log. I now run twin 301 pumps and new 120lb injectors. Notice the 70% IDC, that is a comfortable feeling!

upload_2016-9-2_16-21-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-2_16-19-30.png
    upload_2016-9-2_16-19-30.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 101
Not bad. But I see you are running 19# boost and your fuel pressure is 57#. Your base pressure should be about 45#

yea, I need to increase it a bit. I am not sure to mess with it too much as cal has this thing dialed in pretty well.

I maybe reconsidering my Racetronix 510 double pumper. Second pump doesn't kick on until 15# and that maybe too late. I do have a larger return line, so maybe have both pumps on at all times? Just thinking out loud

FYI, I am running both pumps with the RT line setup, and can achieve as low as 40 psi fuel pressure. So restrictions are a minimum with his line set. I asked a group of more knowledgeable individuals about the draw backs of running both pumps at the same time, it appears heating up the fluid is about the only one if you can keep base pressure low. Cal even encourages more fuel to the rail is possible. I keep them running all the time together.

Don't mess with it if cal tuned it to what it is currently. Now if you see him again let him know you want to up the base pressure and he can dial it in again.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Don't mess with it if cal tuned it to what it is currently. Now if you see him again let him know you want to up the base pressure and he can dial it in again.

I disagree, I would ask Cal as injectors are spec'd at 45# fuel pressure.

Also, what are you using to get your volts so high?

I had commented to Cal that I forgot my allen key to adjust base fuel pressure up if needed, he commented he didnt need to as he would tune accordingly. It is set at 43 line off.

I had commented to Cal that I forgot my allen key to adjust base fuel pressure up if needed, he commented he didnt need to as he would tune accordingly. It is set at 43 line off.
Ok, then you are good to go!
I use the caspers volt booster, It works very very well.
I just installed one. I was getting 12.8v, and shot up to 14.3. I am thinking it should be higher, but not sure where else to look.

I disagree, I would ask Cal as injectors are spec'd at 45# fuel pressure.

Also, what are you using to get your volts so high?
Why would it matter what the base fuel pressure is if the car runs properly, isn't near out of injector, and fuel pressure is 1:1 with boost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would it matter what the base fuel pressure is if the car runs properly, isn't near out of injector, and fuel pressure is 1:1 with boost?
Because that is what fuel injectors are designed to run at. But why would you want to run them out of their designed range?

B

Double face palm

Double face palm

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. Is it true or false that the recommended injector range is between 41-47#. Not your opinion but what the manufacturer recommends. I received this information directly from Bosch and racetronix. You should stop face palming as you are going to give yourself a concussion.

Simple Injector flow pattern on E85 ! .. and what range the manufacture has optimized the injector for .. YES it makes a difference !

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. Is it true or false that the recommended injector range is between 41-47#. Not your opinion but what the manufacturer recommends. I received this information directly from Bosch and racetronix. You should stop face palming as you are going to give yourself a concussion.

100 % correct ! and yes it makes a difference what range you run the injector in .. ESPECIALLY on E85

Ok, then you are good to go!

I just installed one. I was getting 12.8v, and shot up to 14.3. I am thinking it should be higher, but not sure where else to look.
You should have 13.6 v, you may not be exciting the alternator.