THS project almost alive

Thanks Kip! I'm bad and keeping secrets about my car. I'm not afraid to answer anyone truthfully about anything on it.

Some updates:

Went to the dyno again. Made 622 hp on 27 psi. My old TSM car made 595 on the same dyno using the same correction on about the same boost. After the white car made 595, I went right to the track and ran a 10.1 @ 13X with a 1.55 60' (forget the exact mph.) So, This car will be 100 lbs hevier to be legal so it should at least have a 10.1:D This car has 10X better suspension already than my old tsm car too;) I'm still fighting a water in the oil issue but I hope to have that kicked in the butt after the last round of fixes. Tomorrow it's getting an alignment then headed to the track for some easy passes.

Hi Kevin,
The white car was a mess. Suspension, Converter slipping 13-14% and many other issues. You have done a real nice job with this car. I expect much better than 10.1@138

Hi Kevin,
The white car was a mess. Suspension, Converter slipping 13-14% and many other issues. You have done a real noce job with this car. I expect much better than 10.1@138

With your help on tweaking the tune of course;)

Hey kevin, wheels look nice. Im making big progress on my engine. I need to start a thread.

Sent from my Droid

Definately! I dont need much, downpipe, intercooler...and little things

Sent from my Droid

I got a gbody 3" pipe that came off my white car (fits atr, ta or stock headers) for $300 or the chinese pipe thats on the car for 270 if you are interested in one of the 2.

Kevin looking real nice. I wish i was that far along with my car. Mine will look the same but be a little different in the engine bay. Nothing top secret, but the THS secene will be alot closer ET wise this year. I just hope to be able to be in the top half of the feild. Im glad to see people getting ready for this class. I hope it continues to grow and gain popularity. I really enjoied last year. Met lots of fellow crazy Buick guys and gals.
DDay

SWEET............

Mine is still running it's got almost 400miles on it! I'm waiting to hear from precision turbo about what happend to my billet 67 turbo:(

The 61-52e is gonn have to huff it somemore.

I now need another set of weld draglites (rear) and a set of Drag Radials/Slicks and i should be set.

I can't compete with you guys but i'm gonna give it a shot!

Went to the track tonight. The good news is That I believe the water in the oil situation is fixed:)
Car still needs a lot of work including suspension tweaks, transmission calibrations and a drivers mod (its been a year since I had power...need to get comfortable again.) I didn't make a full pass, but got the car in 3rd gear and it felt nice a clean up there.

Went to the track tonight. The good news is That I believe the water in the oil situation is fixed:)
Car still needs a lot of work including suspension tweaks, transmission calibrations and a drivers mod (its been a year since I had power...need to get comfortable again.) I didn't make a full pass, but got the car in 3rd gear and it felt nice a clean up there.

Glad you made it out, I am looking forward to more updates!

hope all goes well at the track (if no rain ) ;)

I hope to be hitting the track soon new motor has 600 miles on it and the oil pressure is good 30 ish hot idle with 10w30 60+ at cruise.

Went to the track last night. Unfortunately the shutbdown was closed halfway down due to flooding. So making a full pass was not possible. I did make 4 runs though.

1st- unprepped track. Was looking at the wall at the 330'. Aborted run.
2nd- prepped track. Launched at 1 or 2 psi. 1.56 60, 10.5 @ 105...shut it down so I wouldn't end up in the river.
3rd- launched harder but car blew tires off after the 60'. Aborted run.
4th- launched off the foot brake at idle. Car hesitated and almost died after my awesome 2.2 60'. Shut it down before 1000' but didn't slam the brakes this time. Went 11.4#@130. Got yelled at for not having a roll bar so I loaded it up and had a few beers:)

All in all I'm pretty happy. I still have at least 5 psi to turn it up. The 10.5 run could have been a 9.9 pass comparing the 1/8th to my old white car.