Tower Shops

La Carreta meet...

has been going on for quite some time now. It is the shopping center on the SE corner of SW 87th Av. and Bird Rd. (SW 40 St.) where "La Carreta" Restaurant is. A lot of bikers there but towards the back corner is where this takes place, Tuesdays and Thursdays, mostly on Thursdays. Starts at around 10:00 pm.

Hope to see some of you there this Thursday ! :D and every Thursday...

la caretta - explained

Jeff,

in order:
cuban coffee (espresso with sugar)
roast pork
steak that has been beaten flat
three milk cake
guava and cheese pastries
beef pie

We also have a La Caretta up here in Broward. There is also one in Key Biscayne.

About 5 minutes from towers is a Cuban restuarant called "Padrinos". Maybe we could all meet there before or after towers on the 25th?

Re: la caretta - explained

Originally posted by jsta6
Jeff,

in order:
cuban coffee (espresso with sugar)
roast pork
steak that has been beaten flat
three milk cake
guava and cheese pastries
beef pie

We also have a La Caretta up here in Broward. There is also one in Key Biscayne.

About 5 minutes from towers is a Cuban restuarant called "Padrinos". Maybe we could all meet there before or after towers on the 25th?

Shawn-
Dude, I'm in! I can meet before or after. BTW, all that food sounds gr8! Can't wait to dine Cuban!!! Hope all can make it too!
Later,
Jeff

I will send everyone an email tonight, and then another one later next week.

I am thinking that from 6-8 we can be at towers, and then at 8 we can mosey on over to Padrinos. As we get closer to the day, I will make reservations.

I'm their dudes, the 25th.

La Caretta Hang out is awsome! I'm suprised to see how many of us cuban Guy's own GN's. (Ft. Lauderdale people must be like "Damn those spics". LOL ! J/K )

Roy, I say we meet at La Caretta and ride to the towers together. Me, you, Tino, Gabby, Joe,Laz and anyone else that wants a Pan Con Lechon with a Presidente.

later.

If there are soo many GN's in Miami, how come I never see a batch of them at Fudruckers ? :confused: ... I don't take mines :D , but......

Tues night, if I remember, I'll cruise by with the GN.

Fri to meet at La Careta to go to Tower? Probably not, my office is by Doral...and won't have time to drive backwards then north :(

turn out

looks like a good turn out on the 25th, were are all going meet at the tower shop ??? the food sounds good, do they have and lobster or oysters ???

The most I have seen at the tower shop of G/N is about 12 cars, get the word out, what about thw guys up in the WPB area ??

see you there

Ready for some Cuban Food!

All this talk bout Cuban food has me wanting a good Cuban Cigar. Can anyone please bring one up with ya... You can't miss me (I mean my GN), follow the chrome & neon LOL :)
Shawn- sounds good about the food!
Later,
Jeff

SAY IT AIN'T SO !!!!

PLEASE tell me you didn't say Neon (like in lights) and GN in the same sentence.

:(

Wuz Sup?

Originally posted by tlturbo
SAY IT AIN'T SO !!!!

PLEASE tell me you didn't say Neon (like in lights) and GN in the same sentence.

:(
I suggest you check out my web page- http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1780/ before you cast any stones! This GN has won many honors, for example: Buicks at Bristol- Best of Show, "People's" Choice, Director's Choice and Best in Class all from one show. GSCA Nationals- Best in Class voted my "Peers". This GN has won top 10 twice at the Hot Rod Magazine Power Festival and has never taken any award other then 1st Place at "any" car show! This GN has also been in many magazines both locally and nationally. The GN also has been "heavily" moded as well. Yes, the GN has some tasfull and very unique neon, but I feel it represents all GN's proudly. I have "never" tooted my own horn about my car, but you hit a nerve with me. I have been around these cars from their inception and have volunteered my time to help at the two biggest national Buick shows in the country. People that know me and my cars, know that I live eat and breathe these cars and give back a lot to the Buick Community. Sorry for all this band width.
Best regards,
Jeff

settle down boys...

Calm down guys.

Tlturbo:
I know how you feel. You probably thought that some 16 year old kid had rigged up a GN or something. However, it is not like that at all. It is a legitmate show car. I even think that Jeff has his oil chromed :D . Just wait till you see the thing. I haven't see it in person yet, but I have heard people talk about how bad ass it is. It is also a real car. Jeff doesn't trailer it to shows. He really drives it.

BTW, when I first bought my GN, Jeff was the first person I found with a GN and he helped me out a lot with some information on the mods I had done.

Jeff, don't be pissed.:D

Re: settle down boys...

Originally posted by jsta6
Calm down guys.

Tlturbo:
I know how you feel. You probably thought that some 16 year old kid had rigged up a GN or something. However, it is not like that at all. It is a legitmate show car. I even think that Jeff has his oil chromed :D . Just wait till you see the thing. I haven't see it in person yet, but I have heard people talk about how bad ass it is. It is also a real car. Jeff doesn't trailer it to shows. He really drives it.

BTW, when I first bought my GN, Jeff was the first person I found with a GN and he helped me out a lot with some information on the mods I had done.

Jeff, don't be pissed.:D

First, thanks Shawn for the kind words. Someone once said that "you should wait 24 hours before you reply to stuff like that, if you do reply." I tend to agree with this :) My main point was that the GN's deserve a lot of respect and we are all in this together to help each other out. I think it is great that we are all getting together on the 25th and I apologize for taking this off topic. BTW Terry, we have a lot of mutual friends and I look forward to meeting you in the future.
Later,
Jeff

Terry,
I don't blame you for your reaction, NEON and GN just don't seem to go together, but like they have said this isn't your typical GN. Jeff's car has almost reached legendary status in this area! I've never seen it either, but have read the articles published about it. Everybody, in the area, seems to know about this car.

In response to the neon car...... I am a little puzzled :confused: :confused: NOthing against aftermarket stuff, but chrome doesn't make it fast or original.....

With that, how can a fully chromed out /neon-laden GN (again, I am just saying moded cars in general and using this as an example) compete in a STOCK class against stock GN (stock as in stock down to the grey valve stems from GM, radiator cap from GM, etc, zero mods, etc. and walk away with a trophy? It seems one see less and less virgin GN's than moded ones (A K&N, for example is a mod - NOT original) and you hardly see these stock ones?

I would say an exaple such as what I described would be the ONE to walk away with trophies.

Trying to see this in general, not your cars or my car specifically, how do you explain??

That leads then to stock(down to GM valve stems) restored vs stock unrestored (stock down to GM valve stems also), the unrestored in immaculate condition should walk away with the trophy each time. Why? B/c with a credit card or cash you can restore a car to perfection, but to have an original, unmolested unit is rare, in any manufacture typically

:rolleyes:

btw, I am not going to be able to make it the Carreta tonight :( :mad:

I don't see where it mentioned that he competed in a showroom stock class. Maybe I missed something.

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
I don't see where it mentioned that he competed in a showroom stock class. Maybe I missed something.

You are correct B6Pack. All the Buick shows that I have entered my GN in, I was in the "heavily" modified class (more then 3 - 5 mods). BTW, most of the cars were trailored in this heavily Modified Class. I drove my GN to Bristol Twice & The GSCA Nats. also. There are also Stock Classes (means just that), Mildly Modified (1 to 3 Mods.) and heavily modified (as explained above). There is also a Concours class (for the near perfect stock cars). As you can see, there are no hands down winners. The Hot Rod Magazine Power Festival Top 10 winners are the top 10 best cars of the entire show judged by the magazine editors and in my opinion, it is very hard to win and it was very satisfying for me to win with my GN twice. I stopped showing because I honestly got burnt out and bought and am building my TTA to race. Lets please get off the subject of neon and back to just meeting and hanging out.
Later,
Jeff

Originally posted by yosshimura
In response to the neon car......
I am a little puzzled :confused: :confused: NOthing against aftermarket stuff, but chrome doesn't make it fast or original.....

With that, how can a fully chromed out /neon-laden GN (again, I am just saying moded cars in general and using this as an example)

It is not a Dodge, but a Buick :)

Chrome does not make a car faster or original, never was implied. :)

Never have seen a neon- laden GN Before at any shows :confused:

Later,
Jeff

IN order to redirect this to the Tower SHops on the 25th and La Careta dialogue, I will follow on the show car/stock vs moded when we all meet ;)

Hopefully someone will let us know how La Careta was tonight:confused:

Originally posted by yosshimura
IN order to redirect this to the Tower SHops on the 25th and La Careta dialogue, I will follow on the show car/stock vs moded when we all meet ;)

Not with me!
Jeff