Turbo Thunder 6 Event Info #1

DEL

Turbo Thunder VI Info Letter #1

Hello all! I hope you’re looking forward to this year’s event as much as I am. I wanted to try and get organized and not send out info every other week as I’ve done in the past. Instead I’ll try to limit the e-mails. Please don’t hesitate to ask me questions via e-mail any time you want though.

Change in Philosophy:
In years past I have tried to take steps to push for the following:
1. Making the event bigger
2. Bringing in more “fast” cars
3. Growing the payouts to help bring in the faster cars
Despite our efforts the event has not grown substantially in car count. The other side of that is the fact that I personally have still had a great time at every event. The feedback I’ve gotten from others is similar, everyone seems to have a great time at the event. For my part I’ve decided that we don’t “need” a car count over 100, and we don’t “need” any 7 second cars for this event to be a success. Judging by the smiles and laughs, every event has been a success, head gaskets, top-end fires, and other breakage aside. In this light we’re proposing the following:

No more pre-registration:
In years past we used Pre-registration as a way to judge how many cars would be racing. We’ve settled in between 28 & 40 cars for 5 years. This year all registration will take place at the track. My wife will be set up and ready to take your registration money and sign you up after you get in the gate. We will have our motorhome there just like last year, you should not have any trouble finding us :)

Registration Fee:
Between now and July, I will post a poll where we’ll vote on Registration fee’s. Either $5 or $10 will be the choice, and as in years past, 100% goes toward payouts.
Ps. everyone will need to pay in cash since we do not have a way to process checks or credit cards at the track.

Sponsorship:
Last year we had Adam Nonis (HYBRID-T) who stepped up and got our shirts printed and paid for by his company. This automatically gave us space to sell to sponsors which we did at $100 per. It also added to our payouts in the way of shirt sales. I have not heard from Adam as of yet so I am assuming that this is not going to happen this year. If handled properly a person could likely arrange to have shirts bought, printed, sponsorships sold, and shirts sold for a payout-profit. The problem is that I simply do not have the time to make the phone calls, run down the sponsors, and basically make it happen. If anyone is willing to try and pull this off between now and July, I will give you whatever support I can.

Race Classes:
I would like to stick with the same 3 classes we had last year:
Turbo-Sportsman (11.50-13.99)
Turbo-Pro (7.50-11.49)
Quick-8 (Qualifying Ladder)

Future of the event:
For next years event I would like to consider a break from doing the event planning. I would like to pass the torch on to someone else. In a perfect world, an organized club would be the best bet, but it’s not necessary. The event doesn’t even have to take place at Woodburn. It’s no secret that the majority of the cars that attend are not from the Portland area. I wanted to mention this now incase there is somebody out there that would want to take this on. I would be more than happy to write out in great detail all the steps that are taken to pull off one of the events. All in all I would guess that it’s a commitment of about 20 hours, spread over a few months time, not including the event itself.

Don't hesitate to send me an e-mail if you have questions, suggestions, or whatever.

See you in 5 months!

I will step up....

and take on the T-Shirt deal. I will also start off with the first sponsorship for this year....

Advanced Automotive and Performance - $100

Anyone else wanting to add to the sponsor list, please email me or Del.

Del, I will send you a PM with some info.

Thanks, Bill

Sweet!

Thanks Bill!

You may want to contact Adam and see if you can get a copy of the print program (or whatever) from last years shirts.

I willing to do whatever it takes too. I can ask Adam about the T-shirts tomarrow.

Unless you want to keep the same design...

from last year, the print program is not necessary. My T-shirt guy is one of the best in the area. He does the event shirts for most of the sporting events in the state.

Josh, Im sure I will need help with this. Would you mind being the contact person on this for me? Maybe even set up the Sponsors?

Let me know....

Thanks, Bill

If you want my CPA (wife) to hold the sponsorship cash just let me know. We have an account at our Credit Union for Turbo Thunder.

If possible I would like to see the Power 6 logo on the shirts. It might extra cool since this is the 6th event.

Of the 100 shirts Adam brought down, we ended up selling about 60 of them. I shipped out some 20 or so shirts to our sponsors, and I still have 8 or 10 left.

Thanks again, the help is appreciated!

Sounds like a plan....

I will send sponsorship moneys to your wife and not you....;)

So do you think 100 t-shirts would be okay? Getting the power 6 on the shirt would not be a problem as long as the "General" doesn't come down on us. :eek:

Maybe I should start a poll to see what color t-shirt everyone wants. We can go multi color on the design with any color shirt. Also, even though TT will be in the heat of the summer, I think I will have a few hooded sweatshirts made for those of us who dont put our TB's way in the winter.

I will kick in $100 for sponsorship from

Horsepower Connection.com

and my Nova will race at Turbo Thunder this year!!!

Let me know where to send it.

Thanks Brian....

You can send the $$ to Dave's wife and if you could, email me the logo of the shop so I can add it to the t-shirt.

Thanks!
Bill

Send any sponsorship checks to:

Kathy Loney c/o Turbo Thunder
15777 S. Lammer Rd
Oregon City, Oregon 97045

This is rolling out nicely! Thanks again guys!!!!

Re: Unless you want to keep the same design...

Originally posted by TurboBill
from last year, the print program is not necessary. My T-shirt guy is one of the best in the area. He does the event shirts for most of the sporting events in the state.

Josh, Im sure I will need help with this. Would you mind being the contact person on this for me? Maybe even set up the Sponsors?

Let me know....

Thanks, Bill
I will help anyway I can Bill. Nice to see a few sponsors stepping up so early!:)

Dave,

Post the list of sponsors that we had last year. We can hit them up again this year, plus try to gain new ones. I'll take Kirban again.

Plus I have a couple of other sponsors I'll work on.

Here were the sponsors for TTV

Rons Emmett Lube
1738 N Washington Ave – Emmett, ID 83617 – (208) 365-3653
ronbuick@mindspring.com

Delta Technical Sales
15050 SW Koll Parkway, Suite 2J - Beaverton, OR 97006 - 503-646-7747
Mattb@deltasales.com

Performance Transmission of Las Vegas
6121 Boulder Highway - Las Vegas, NV 89122 - (702) 434-2991
LEN@PTLV.COM

Kirban Performance Products
6201 Kellers Church Rd - Plumsteadville, PA 18949 - (215) 766-1611 sales@kirbanperformance.com

CAR TOYS
http://www.cartoys.com/
1-888-CAR-TOYS

I've received the first Sponsorship check for TT6.

Thanks to Patrick Lippy we've got APAN Nortwhest Inc/NAPA Auto Parts on board for $100.00.

On the other turbobuick web site in the pacific nw region, I attached an updated version of the sponsorship letter for anyone to use.

I'll contact Kirban next week.
-------------------------------------

Bill,
Will you be able to put the sponsors logo's on the t-shirts like last year? I hope so cuz that's a nice incentive for the sponsors.

Yes....

the sponsors will have their logo's on the sleeves. Here's an added bonus to this year's t-shirt. I can have your name (real or screen name) put on the shirt at no additional charge. Obviously for me to do this, I will need to know what size you want and what name you wish to have on the shirt before the shirts go to print. I will start a thread where everyone who wants a personalized shirt can post. It will be easier to keep track of this way.

BTW, I should have a few different designs ready next week for everyone to vote on.

Thanks, Bill

Bill, are these long sleeve or short sleeve shirts..? and... Do you have a rough idea of how much the shirts and hoodies will cost?
Pat and I will be down for at least two XL shirts and a hoodie..

Hi Wanda....

Most of the shirts will be short sleeve, however I plan on bringing long sleeve and hoodies too.

I think the t-shirts will be $10 each, long sleeve, $15 and hoodies $25-$30. I will verify with the t-shirt guy and post the definate prices....

Bill