Twin turbo set up

My thought was for more of a crutch on my frankenstein set up especially since one side is going to be significantly longer than the other.
Also considering installing the wastegate on that same pipe
The cold side always comes together at some point so i guess nothing is needed there.

My thought was for more of a crutch on my frankenstein set up especially since one side is going to be significantly longer than the other.
Also considering installing the wastegate on that same pipe
The cold side always comes together at some point so i guess nothing is needed there.
Frankenstein?o_O

Thinking about keeping the OE pass. side header feeding into the turbo in the stock location.
The stock crossover would go into a custom driver side header kinda like what the pass side looks like, The turbo will end up somewheres around the location of the stock air box / fumes canister / cold air kit area.
Keeping the OE ECM for now because of budget issues i would put the MAF meter in the throttle body inlet pipe before the ALKY injectors.
The driver side DP would come across the front of engine and tie into the OE location on the pass. side. It's going to be a tight fit.
I have seen a few fox bodies stick the turbos way in under the fenders and up against the radiator support.

I haven't given the cold side much thought but i am sure its not going to be easy.

How un-equal are they? Where do you want to put the turbos?
One turbo is going to be on the OE pass. side header and in the stock location just re-clocked, the driver side the Turbo is most likely going way up front around where the stock airbox sits in order to go around the accessories

I would keep the primary pipes on both sides similar in length. Then the length of pipe after the collectors that leads to the 2 turbos is probably less important. There will be some energy loss in the side that's slightly longer. But based on the compromises your already willing to make, it shouldn't be much. A pressure equalizing tube can still be incorporated and you can always wrap the crap out of it with header wrap to contain the heat.

Your just doing this for shits and giggles, right? Because, there really may be no significant performance gain over a well thought out single turbo set-up.

Nice trap speed Joe, and your setup looks insane.

Are you driving her down to the track this Spring?
I won't be driving it at all. Brian Cotton does that for me. I drive like crap.

Maybe. It depends because I may be driving it down to North Carolina. Still up in the air.

I won't be driving it at all. Brian Cotton does that for me. I drive like crap.

Maybe. It depends because I may be driving it down to North Carolina. Still up in the air.

Brian Cotton? Never heard of him... :p ;)

North Carolina lol???? I meant someplace closer like e-town or atco... :D

Brian Cotton? Never heard of him... :p ;)

North Carolina lol???? I meant someplace closer like e-town or atco... :D
It gets harder and harder to plan for this stuff. Sometimes I wonder why I got into TRs to begin with. Because I never seem to be able to pull off all the plans that make it so fun.

Back on topic, years ago there were a few tt kits made by some vendors. None today that I know of. With today's converters turbos and tuning, there's not a lot of gain with tt. New cars that run tts are pretty cool but no parts from them can be adapted so if you really want tt then you're in for a large project of custom fabrication. There is definitely a wow factor when the hood is open though.

GN1 still lists twin turbo headers on their website. I do not know anything about them but they look to be a pretty good design for the money. If I was going to do a twin turbo set up I would likely start with their headers and then modify the accessories and brackets as required. I wonder if a Champion alt/PS bracket would work with the TT headers then you could make a bracket for the A/C compressor which would be easier than fabricating headers.

http://gn1performance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=109TwinTurboHeaders&cat=172

Looks like they make a TT intercooler also.

http://gn1performance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ATwinTurboIntercooler

Back on topic, years ago there were a few tt kits made by some vendors. None today that I know of. With today's converters turbos and tuning, there's not a lot of gain with tt. New cars that run tts are pretty cool but no parts from them can be adapted so if you really want tt then you're in for a large project of custom fabrication. There is definitely a wow factor when the hood is open though.
For a TR the gains are not worth the work on anything less than 1000 HP. Because all the bolt on piping can be bought from someone pre-made at least to that level.

Now once you get into custom fabrication, then whats the difference anyway?

GN1 still lists twin turbo headers on their website. I do not know anything about them but they look to be a pretty good design for the money. If I was going to do a twin turbo set up I would likely start with their headers and then modify the accessories and brackets as required. I wonder if a Champion alt/PS bracket would work with the TT headers then you could make a bracket for the A/C compressor which would be easier than fabricating headers.

http://gn1performance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=109TwinTurboHeaders&cat=172

Looks like they make a TT intercooler also.

http://gn1performance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ATwinTurboIntercooler
Anyone who starts with the headers on a TT set-up is making it hard for themselves. This is the worst way to plan it!!!

The headers are the dumb part. Put the turbos where they need to go. Then connect them with the pipes.

This is the reason why setting up a twin turbo engine compartment is such a bitch. Who the hell made the header builder GOD? What bushiness does he have telling you where to put your turbos? Only you will consider the necessary requirements for accessories and there availability.

This is why pre-made TT headers were not an option for me. And this is why I did it myself.

Hello I'm new and I was wondering if anyone has a twin turbo Buick. I was wondering if it would be a better idea to keep the original turbo then put a bigger turbo after the smaller one for more power...

Just realized he was referring to sequential turbo's. No, not a good idea on a V6, a sequential setup is better suited for an inline six, and even then the inline six guys will eventually scrap the sequential turbo's in favor for a big single turbo with stalled T-400...

extend the AC lines and reroute them.
GN_engine compartment 3.jpg

Just realized he was referring to sequential turbo's. No, not a good idea on a V6, a sequential setup is better suited for an inline six, and even then the inline six guys will eventually scrap the sequential turbo's in favor for a big single turbo with stalled T-400...
I think the thread starter is long gone by now. I didn't mean to scare him off with my first answer. I checked his profile and he was only 18 years old and that was his only post. I just wanted to nip it at the bud. Figured I get him off the make believe Fast and Furious cartoon crap and start him off where it counts.