We need a belt tensioner source...

C

coach

I just got an e-mail from NAPA saying that the part is "No longer available"...:mad:
I ordered it Sunday morning off their websight. :mad:

We need a source for these damn things.

Thanks
Coach

Working on it. We have so much coming out this fall you won't believe it. New hoods, Bumpers, Bumperettes & pads, front & rear Impact strips, Aluminum re-enforcements, console, Shifter handles all colors, Power steering reservoirs, etc.. You coming to BPG? We will have new wheel well moldings, Black & stainless ,T-top trim, etc.
Damn shame we couldn't get sooner but next week we will have samples of 7 new lights for Gbody's.

Working on it. We have so much coming out this fall you won't believe it. New hoods, Bumpers, Bumperettes & pads, front & rear Impact strips, Aluminum re-enforcements, console, Shifter handles all colors, Power steering reservoirs, etc.. You coming to BPG? We will have new wheel well moldings, Black & stainless ,T-top trim, etc.
Damn shame we couldn't get sooner but next week we will have samples of 7 new lights for Gbody's.

how much for a whole new car? :)

Not going to make BPG. I had plans, but they got derailed.

Brian will the hoods be fiberglass, metal or carbon fiber? Also do you have any plans on selling a metal smoothed out/welded front bumper, possibly powder coated?

Brian, looking for the front bumperette pads. I see you have new one`s listed on your web site and want to know if there the same ones your working on.
Keep up the Good work!
:)

What the lenses gonna be? I know the backup lights were in the works, I assume the front bumper lenses in clear and amber, and whichever tail light is impossible to find NOS. Am I right?

Good news on the tensioner too!

Brian, looking for the front bumperette pads. I see you have new one`s listed on your web site and want to know if there the same ones your working on.
Keep up the Good work!
:)
I have a license plate that looks like your avitar.

I just got an e-mail from NAPA saying that the part is "No longer available"...:mad:
I ordered it Sunday morning off their websight. :mad:

We need a source for these damn things.

Thanks
Coach
How do you break a belt tensioner? I just took my belt off/on and if there is a way to break one I would have found it.

How do you break a belt tensioner? I just took my belt off/on and if there is a way to break one I would have found it.
1-they loose tension
2-the front bolt that holds the alt is usually the one to brake- like on my car its been broken forever-luckily for me tomorrow is another day.o_O

GNRick said:

I didn't break mine. I'm building a new engine and want to leave my 25k mile motor complete on a stand and restore it to all original. I can't find another tensioner to use on the new engine.

Broke mine removing it. Bolt was siezed to the push-in guide inside.

Attachments

• tensioner_2.JPG
    tensioner_2.JPG
    274.6 KB · Views: 116
Thats were I got it from. I bought it off e-bay. You have any information on them..like who made them?
Nope, got mine from E-bay too. Will be selling off a bunch of stuff, let me know if you want another one.

Thanks Brian for staying on top of the parts and pieces that we need for our cars. Thanks again.....and a again......

I designed a Billet one today at work and will build it in the near future. I hope a new unit can be added to the market soon for those needing them.

Thanks Brian for making the hard to get items.

I got one last year from highwaystars.....
Yep...$379 bucks. They are aluminum...not Gold. I will have way less then that in building a billet one.
To buy them all up and then charge over triple the price...well lets just say...Im not a fan of that kind of loyalty to our hobby.

Yep...$379 bucks. They are aluminum...not Gold. I will have way less then that in building a billet one.
To buy them all up and then charge over triple the price...well lets just say...Im not a fan of that kind of loyalty to our hobby.
I was working with Rick & Kristi of Metco Motor sports on an aftermarket unit as well. Let me know what you are doing in an e-mail. Sorry for the late reply We got back late from BPG on Sunday Worked 14 hours yesterday & slacking today with only 11.

I'll respond to the other questions in the AM if that is OK. Trying to get a few things like power steering reservoirs wrapped up. But I will respond to each question in the morning.