Well it finally happend!

Maybe it was a blessing is disquise? Life can be funny like that... Sorry to here.

Go to another independant shop, people aren't going to dealerships now. You will find something, keep your head up kid ;) trust me.

The funny thing about this is I used to be an owner of an independant shop.:eek: Keeping my head up but tonight I'm about 2/3ds through my whiskey and about to go to bed. We'll dee what happens in the next week for sure. I'll keep you guys informed.

Maybe it was a blessing is disquise? Life can be funny like that... Sorry to here.

The blessing is that I can take a little time to get through some issues, with the phone # I saved while I was working there. Got some calls to make so my customers can get in contact with me.

Welcome to the club man, Been furloaded from CSX railroad for months now with no telling when I am getting called back. Daniel Ray

I got whacked back in February and am still looking. It looks like things are beginning to look up job-wise, but I've had to sell my house and the stress has destroyed my family (getting divorced now).

Just keep your chin up and think real hard about what you've been doing and what you think you want to be doing. Focus on what's important. Like others have said, you may find that this is a blessing in disguise. I haven't seen the blessing part in my situation yet, but I'm sure it will make itself apparent eventually :tongue:

Jim

Charlie and Jimmy and the rest of you guys laid off.

In 2003 my former employer called me in to a meeting on of things MLK day. Said today's your last day, here's a check for your unused vacation. Sign this form saying you won't sue us and we'll give you a severance.

It took a couple of months but I did find something else, something I enjoy much more something where I can make things happen.

They're still laying off people in that office 6 years later.

It will happen and it will happen for the better.

Welcome to the club man, Been furloaded from CSX railroad for months now with no telling when I am getting called back. Daniel Ray

I work for Shared Assets in Jersey,Chessie and the Nazi's keep pounded us why we have'nt furloughed yet our selves ,but with hours of service starting next week,and once they figure out manpower needs who knows..Where are you out of?

Sorry to hear about you being laid off.

The company I work for just laid off a couple thousand people yesterday. This is over several states. I am not at liberty to speak for the company but you will probably see it on the news today. Our layoff is only supposed to be for a few weeks and then we are to report back to work. The town I work in is a Old Mill town here in the south and the last of the Mills closed it's doors three months ago and shipped all of its equipment to China. At one time there was about twelve Mills in operation. The company I work for is about the only one that will be left by the end of the year.

"no hay mal que por bien no venga" raw translation= bad things happen because a good thing IS coming
My Spanish is not great but this saying by my mom helped me keep my head up in bad situations. Good luck to you guys.
David

I started this thread because I needed to vent after what happened. I never new how many of us are in this situation so this is an eye opening thread for sure.:eek: I hope anyone that is in the same situation right now will post for sure.

Maybe we should start a new thread for those of us that are out of work to see if there are jobs near us. We are a community after all so maybe we can help each other through the times that are getting harder.:confused:

I started this thread because I needed to vent after what happened. I never new how many of us are in this situation so this is an eye opening thread for sure.:eek: I hope anyone that is in the same situation right now will post for sure.

Maybe we should start a new thread for those of us that are out of work to see if there are jobs near us. We are a community after all so maybe we can help each other through the times that are getting harder.:confused:

you are right Charlie we should start a thread on this topic we are considered lazy,worthless,crappy people j/k by the way how is the hang over
just the bad feeling the next day is what made me stop drinking.

you are right Charlie we should start a thread on this topic we are considered lazy,worthless,crappy people j/k by the way
how is the hang over
just the bad feeling the next day is what made me stop drinking.

Well when I type the last response it took me several tries to make sure I didn't miss spell some words. lol I needed to let some steam off last night and I did so I guess it's time to start looking around.:biggrin: Yea, I know you're joking but a thread in each state section and on here would be a REALLY good idea.

I've never used unemployment before and don't intend to do it now if I CAN AVOID IT, but you never know, right?

Charlie, Are you Not going to collect SS when you retire ?? You have been paying in to the unemployment fund for a long time, right ?? You earned it !! Use It !! and as soon as you can get it. Hold On to the Savings you have as long as you can. There is just no telling where this economy is going. (Yes, I Do have a degree in economics.)
I Really don't want to be a downer, but to quote YOU ... "you never know, right?"

John

Like Jimmy, I also got axed back in Feb, and still looking. If I don't find anything by Dec, social security here I come! :mad:

Really sorry to hear of all of you guys out of work. May I offer a few suggestions, not necessarily regarding getting new jobs but in staying alive & keeping one's head above water.
Especially sorry to hear about you guys on furlough. that is the worst case scenario of being out of work. Generally, you can't collect unemployment, you can't collect a paycheck, & you can't get at any vacation time or PTO time that you have on the books.
By all means, if you are eligible for unemployment, by all means collect it. You have earned it, you are entitled to it. They do not give the uncollected unemployment money back to you like vacation time. Use your savings as a last resort. When you go to collect Social security retirement money when you retire, that unemployment compensation might count as money earned towards your retirement check.
Your social security retirement is monthly check is based upon money earned throughout your lifetime. You have to pay taxes on unemployment benefits, so definitely look into that.
HTH

Sorry to hear your situation. I was laid off April of last year from my job, wife left me, she took the kids, and I lost my house. I lost my 67 Nova SS, my 78 Olds Cutlass, my 66 Pontiac Bonneville, my 66 VW Bug, my 94 BMW M3 and my '00 Lincoln Towncar. After all that drama I had to spend 180 days in the county jail for a 10 year old warrant that I never knew existed. Essentially after losing everything I worked so hard for I felt hella lost. While I was in jail I asked God to help me get back on track. When I got out I found a job at Autozone. I really didnt like the job but I was thankful that I was working. I just found another job at a talent agency in Los Angeles.

I am not the most religious person in the world but I would say fall to your knees and ask the Man upstairs to help guide you. I felt like my life was over and I had no purpose anymore. It may take some time to recover bro but believe me you will. In the end all we have is God, family, and friends to help us during the hard times. My prayers are with you bro.

Never thought about it that way Gary. Very good point, thanks. We've got an AZ here that was just built. It's huge but it's the only one for 30 miles or so. I've been talking to the manager there just in case something happened. He told me he'd let his boss know to look for an app from me. Don't wanna do it but I used to be a PSM about 10 years ago so I guess I'll be back there again.

thats odd, i do the same thing for a living and we have been balls to the wall for months. i figured people are fixing their old cars instead of buying new. sorry about the news though.

That's the sad part. We should've been working 6 days a week right now but very few customers right now. In the afternoon we could play full court b ball and never hit a car. This is one time I can't figure out what happened.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I just changed jobs because the company I worked at (for 10 years) was a sinking. Ended up trading in my plush office job (that I busted my @ss 10 years for) for more of a labor type of job that I have a lot of experience in and demand is very high for (security system and cctv technician). I did not want to be in a spot where I go to work one day to find the doors locked. It's crazy out there right now!

Good luck to ya!