well.... its a sad day...

Thanks Rick.

Pronto, I will try to take pics.

Boost, plug looks like it was hit by something. Contact marks on bottom or plug tip.

Update gents!

Ok, I used my bore scope I bought and found the culprit to my problems. I have attached pics. Does anyone know what the hell this thing is???!!!??? It put a tiny mark on the piston but it doesn't seem to be damaged. Can tell if bottom of valves are damaged but i plan on doing a compression test later on today.

Any thoughts?

Chris

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120603_144109.png
    ForumRunner_20120603_144109.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 168
  • ForumRunner_20120603_144141.png
    ForumRunner_20120603_144141.png
    223 KB · Views: 168
  • ForumRunner_20120603_144200.png
    ForumRunner_20120603_144200.png
    263.7 KB · Views: 150
Update gents!

Ok, I used my bore scope I bought and found the culprit to my problems. I have attached pics. Does anyone know what the hell this thing is???!!!??? It put a tiny mark on the piston but it doesn't seem to be damaged. Can tell if bottom of valves are damaged but i plan on doing a compression test later on today.

Any thoughts?

Chris

yikes!:confused: how'd you get that out?

Boost. Used a magnet to get it to the bottom of plug hole. Then used minigrabbers. Very surgical-like...

3, haha. :) any ideas on what it could be?

At 1st I thought it was a valve guide. But its not broken at all. Still intact... just smashed. Maybe I will take it to my engine machinist and see if he knows. There is no way this thing would have fit through a valve opening or spark plug hole in its original state. Wonder how long it may have been there...

Is it a washer? Maybe someone dropped it in the intake and its been bouncing around until it finally got past the valve. Good bet the valve is messed up.

Yep, I knew something had to whack that plug. Looks like a washer. From what though? o_O

RL

That what I thought too. Not sure. It looks like hardened steel. Like I said, gonna do a compression test. If it pans out, were putting her back together and firing it up. Not sure bout valve... springs are all at same height and don't seem to be bent.

That what I thought too. Not sure. It looks like hardened steel. Like I said, gonna do a compression test. If it pans out, were putting her back together and firing it up. Not sure bout valve... springs are all at same height and don't seem to be bent.
well hey you could get lucky and only have a valve and a new spark plug to replace

Head stud washer??..that's insane that it stayed in the cylinder! Least it didn't exit the exhaust, It'd been Hello Turbine going 80,000 rpm...heh...You'd had Jet Engine Failure
....Good Save!!!

Yeah, it stayed in there. I was surprised let me tell ya... I am in the process of putting the oil pan back on so I can check compression. Crossing my fingers...

Ok guys. Oil pan on. Compression test on #6 is 125 psi and # 4 was 127. Should I do them all? Seems like valves may be ok in the suspect cylinder...