well.... its a sad day...

Easy for normal GNs . I am running a hot air GN with an intercooler. Everything is difficult on this car. The turbo still on the top of the.intake but there are intercooler pipes all over the place. It took me 50 minutes just to get valve cover off.... :-(

And my co-workers wonder why I always have a band aid on one finger or another.

The TR curse...........

Easy for normal GNs . I am running a hot air GN with an intercooler. Everything is difficult on this car. The turbo still on the top of the.intake but there are intercooler pipes all over the place. It took me 50 minutes just to get valve cover off.... :-(
Well I've got a draw though system that will make you change your mind and it's a HA car.:D

I don't think you have to pull the injector before firing it up. If the lip came off the injector, it would still work. The lip only holds the o ring.
I'd put some super glue on the o ring just to be sure it won't get sucked in but if those o rings have been in there awhile, they are a pain to get out so
it probably isn't going anywhere under vacuum. Under boost, the other side holds the o ring in.
You can always check it out later if/when you have other work to do.

Stand,

That what I like to hear! :) I am sure I will have other work to do in the future. Thinking of maybe doing an full 86-87 conversion on it. This way I can relocate turbo to a more "normal" spot... :)

I will keep you guys posted! Counting down the hours till I can leave work on go fire her up!

Update gents... SHES ALIVE!!!!!!!!! :) was a little skeptical to start it with everything that went on. Turned the key, motor cranked over once.... and LIFE! Of course, motor was a little tappy until the oil got to the upper valvetrain. after that, it ran pretty smooth. I disconnected the battery so I am sure it will only run better the more I drive it. I just let it idle for about 5-7 minutes but boy were those 5-7 minutes sweet. I am going to tinker with it tomorrow and let it get up to op temp and then check BLM, IAC settings, etc. Then I will get it on the road and put a little boost to her and see how she acts.

I want to take this moment to thank all of you for having faith, keeping my spirits up, and giving me the guidance through all this. It means the world to me that we are such a tight knit family and that you all are so willing to help out someone you havent even met. Honestly, its not even about the car anymore with me. Its about you guys and your dedication and support for fellow members. The car is just a bi-product. Thank you to everyone. It may sound cheesy, but I consider you all family now. If any of you need anything, please dont hesitate to contact me.

Finally, I want to take this opportunity to say something. All of you fellow motor heads know that when something like this happens, its usually a catastrophic failure to the motor. Parts and pieces get broken or shattered, heads crack, blocks get connecting rods blown through them... you know the drill. In my case, for something to get sucked by the intake valve into the cylinder and just take out the spark plug while causing minimal to no damage... and for me to be able fish out the "culprit" through the spark plug hole and avoid taking the upper part of the motor apart and to put the removed parts back on the motor and have it fire up and run like it did before... that just doesnt happen. I am not a real spiritual person but I do believe that what transpired was nothing short of the work of not 1 spirit...but 2.

For us local PA guys, we lost a great person, mentor, Grand National guru, and my dear friend back in April. Over the years, Jay Frick was always there to give advice, guidance, and knowledge to me through my build. I still remember the 1st time he saw my car completed. He walked around it, saying not a word. I was a bit intimidated as to what he was going to say. He looked at me and said... "good job Chris. It looks awesome!"

So with that said, I want to thank 2 people who I know were looking down on me and were there to help me.

I say thank you to our almighty GOD and to Mr. Jay Frick. I hope that heaven is treating you well and they know how lucky they are to have BOTH of you there.

Chris

Good news! Hope everthing works out.

man thats awesome!! You better drive it straight to a gas station and buy yourself a lottery ticket!!;)

OK SO, DRIVE IT TO MY GARAGE TOMORROW... I HAVE SOMETHING I WANT TO SHOW YOU,,,,GLAD TO HEAR YOUR CAR IS UP AND WELL....

Great job. I've been silently watching this thread since it's start - kind of like a motorhead's mini-series on TV. Great happy ending.

The only thing left is to change the title of the thread!!!

Rick, I expect a rough draft of your song by Sunday evening. :)

87, I shall change the title to "can u believe this s%#t???!!!???"