Where are all the bad TR's? 5.0 Mustang on the prowl.

How's it going Alex and Jorge? Good finally meeting you guys (and somebody's dad, I forget his name?). I see Laz popped in on this thing. I'm still ROFLMAO from Alex's reply to Laz! Hey Laz! Now that everybody knows what my car runs, I'm sure you can set up some "sure bets" with cars that have already put up a better number than mine, right? Well, while my car has a pretty rough idle, lets not think it is a stripped/gutted race-only car. Let me tell you what "stock" items still remain. Steel hood, steel hatch, all-glass windows, power brakes, power steering, power windows, power door locks, full stock front & back seats, factory carpeting, battery in stock location, valid registration and insurance. No "climate control" however. Vacuum pump resides there. Anyway, please note that my 60 foot time was a lousy 1.55 on that 9.40 run. It has the power for 1.30's at least, and when I put the battery in the trunk, and lighten up the front end, it will probably go 9.0's. I also forgot to mention that I am running CAST IRON heads, which are also part of the lack of weight transfer problem. And Roy, I mean "boost", I hear your "gutted" version ran 10.0's. We got a guy locally around here, named Orlando, a TR guy who did that a long time ago literally on"junk" parts. So, I wouldn't be "singing" too loudly if I were you. In fact. I believe another TR guy, Albert down here has you covered as well. So instead, maybe you might be better off "singing" the Kentucky Blues. And yes, I proud of you for having friends. My friend has a 598 inch dual dominator tall deck BBC with a pro-shot fogger (yes, I like Chevy's too). Still want friends to run friends? Anyway, I will probably go to the December midnite madness to spin some more tire. Hey, I doubt none of those bad mustangs "friends" of your yours have CAST IRON heads, do they:D ? I'll bet they also have a glove compartment full of sub 9.40 time slips (where were you before you found out what my car runs?). Hey, I'll race them anyway. Like I said earlier on in this chat, this is a hobby of mine, not a business. So, if I'm even running close to your pofessional boys making a business out of this, with my hobby car, than I'll settle for that. If they insist on running for money, then I guess they'll just have to leave their cars home, won't they? Or maybe they would like to sniff some Big Block Chevy nitrous fumes?:cool: So Roy, what's wrong with running your own car? That's what I'm doing?:confused:

ShouldofhadaV-8, if you don't mind me asking how much does the car weigh w/ you and w/ out you in it? Also, I'm guessing you are using an aftermarket Ford block (SVO?), a forged steel crank like a Sonny Bryant, but please tell me the rest of the combo (how many cubes, what fuel management system, supercharger and/or aftercooler/intercooler, what injectors, etc.) and how much boost?? It sounds like you don't mind talking about your Stang unlike some guys on here like Mr. Laz who wants to line you up with a Pro 5.0 Mustang (LMAO!) so please fill me in cause I like hearing about anything that hauls ass like your car and I along with some others I'm sure can understand why you are not racing for money cause there are just too many shaddy characters in that line of business!!!!!

Later.

I get a kick out of BSB. He sure does like to stir the pot! Nice to hear you guys had a good time at the track. I see this as a lot of good natured ribbing. Bench racing at its finest, backed up with a fast car!

Originally posted by ShouldofhadaV-8
Once and for all. I WILL race HiPSI with D.O.T's, and it will be for free.

I respect you racing for free. Unfortunately, it's not worth it to me to drive 2 hours to race for free. If I was already down there, then I would be more than happy to give you a try.

To Greg i see you need a brush up in the facts. You want to race a buick v-6 but don`t want to run a mustang in your own class . I got a buick and if you want to race the only way we can make it a fair race is to run weight to cubic inch at 3400 lbs my 234 runs 14.5 lbs per cubic inch you got 347 at the same weight per cube you would have to weigh close to 5000 lbs. I race other buicks and i am competitive you don`t want to race other mustangs because you can`t compete. The facts are that it takes about 30,000 to build a low 9 second buick your mustang cost half that so you wana race for fun call Goodwill . You wanna see where you stand in the food chain bring that puppy to the next outlaw street drags and you can race a few other 347s. Laz

Laz

You've always been one of the biggest talkers I have known. It is now obvious that you are sore because YOU have nothing for me. You are the one who came out and started throwing your buddies around at me. I don't doubt you have talked to someone with a faster ride than mine. I will race whomever for fun. If you can't deal with that, then tough. If you want to get technical, your car came with a Turbo, that I believe NHRA factored to be 450-500 cubic inches. You are able to run 40 lbs of boost if you want to. I am running 20 lbs. Anyway, you've always thrown somebody else's car at the problem, but as Alex (BlackShoebox) cleverly put it, you haven't been able to do much on your own for all the years you have in it. At least I am doing SOMETHING. Maybe I am not at the top of the food chain (as you put it), but I think I am clearly higher up than you are, which makes me feel all right.;)

To alex shoebox why are you so upset . I have only tryed to help you and your father for years . I don`t think you understand that it does not take much to outrun your 11.80 buick these days. I saw a 2003 cobra with a chip,pulley,exhaust run 11.80@120 on f-1 radials on pump gas. I have driven more on the street than any of you guys and ran what you run now in 97 and your right i can`t go nines but i got just about everybody else convered. I want you to call all your buick tuners,mechanics in south fl. ask them how many ten second buicks that run on just boost with full accesories they have built, now ask them how many drive to the track 120 miles on way and run 10.80@125 i did this with a few cars including mines . Let me know the answer alex .Laz

To Greg you brought up your friend orlando yes he ran 10.03 with a 3000 lb car but the list of blown headgaskets and broken parts is longer than a cab ride to new york. I thought you would have brought up current events . Your reply to Boost was a little rough he just wants to make a buck .You said Albert has him covered well maybe but i help Albert and he runs a combo i picked most of the parts so lets say he is on my team. The facts are the Roy has run faster at this time but albert has a lot of potential. Hey greg i got an idea why don`t you line up Roy with one of your buick friends with a stock 109 block . B.t.w. his gutted buick is only missing the ac so i quess your mustang is gutted too. I almost forgot i can`t post on this forum at times so send me a e-mail with your reponse. Laz

Laz

Hey Laz. Maybe "Boost" shouldn't have jumped out with that "friends" garbage again. That is SOOO old. Guess he wanted to "make a buck" after he found out what my car runs. The only reason anybody knows what I ran is because I was honest enough to share it with Alex at the track. Laz, I'll bet you would have guessed me to be 10.0's if I hadn't said anything. Its interesting how you want to take credit for what everybody's car runs around here. I have heard you leave bolts loose, etc.....:D

Originally posted by laz
To alex shoebox why are you so upset . I have only tryed to help you and your father for years . I don`t think you understand that it does not take much to outrun your 11.80 buick these days. I saw a 2003 cobra with a chip,pulley,exhaust run 11.80@120 on f-1 radials on pump gas. I have driven more on the street than any of you guys and ran what you run now in 97 and your right i can`t go nines but i got just about everybody else convered. I want you to call all your buick tuners,mechanics in south fl. ask them how many ten second buicks that run on just boost with full accesories they have built, now ask them how many drive to the track 120 miles on way and run 10.80@125 i did this with a few cars including mines . Let me know the answer alex .Laz

Laz,

I have no problem with you and respect you for what you have done with buicks. You have helped both my father and I out over the years. I just simply pointed out that to call me out for shopping other peoples cars, when you are just as guilty as me, is called being a hipocrat. And I understand my ride is in the middle of the food chain, but far faster then you give it credit for. Which is cool though, I like it that way.:D Running in the 10's and driving home is buick is nothing out of norm, Rodrick's cars, have had plenty of mph, just lack of traction, and he drove his cars all over the place. Brad's old car, which my friend now owns, is a bonified 10.5 car, and is driven everyday. That's another economy auto special.:D

-Alex

I'll give HIM credit for what my car runs

True that Laz has always enjoyed "stirring up the pot" but since I've met him, he is constantly going out of his way to help fellow TR owners, hell, his car is half apart with his parts loaned to others, not many people would do that including myself.Speaking of factoring, I wonder what the NHRA would factor a 347 with a power adder at? Those 2 extra holes DO make a difference, I am sure you all agree.

I don't think we are doing all that bad with our little V6 car in "TSM" trim http://www.gnttype.org/tsm/click under "rules"for set-up. Hell I am happy as all can be running 10.0's, at my age if I go any faster I can't even see the lights comming down in the Xmas tree, my reaction times are 2.0's and that is not even because I sit there building boost, it's just that I can't even see the damn green light, If it's not for Laz on the damn radio shouting LEAVE!, LEAVE! NOW! I'd probably still be sitting on the damn line at Reynolds. oh yes and shifting, hell I leave it in "D" I am so God damn old, that shifting thing is not for me, tried it once, put it in "R" blew tha damn tranny up !

Hell I'am going to the "HONDA" board to harass some of those 4 cyl. lawnmowers with the big old exhaust tips. For what-ever it's worth, Brendan from PSI Racing, just Dynoed his Toyota @ Lujans...614HP, on an 1800lb. car, that's one lawnmower I won't be messing with.
:cool:

My d!ck is bigger than yours....

Why does it always have to turn into these kind of arguments about how so and so has somebody covered??:confused: The way I see it whether you own a Mustang, Turbo Regal, F-body, or whatever there is always going to be somebody faster!!! For example, Alex told me about an older red RWD Toyota Corolla at the track that had a single turbo 4 cylinder motor running a lot of boost (around 40lbs) and it had about everybody at the track covered that night running 7.90's @178mph!!!:eek: All going fast takes is money and know-how (knowledge) and whoever has the most of both will go the fastest period!!!!!!!!!!

You guys need to get off Laz here. He simply got on here to challenge a mustang with a mustang. In no way did he try putting any ones buick down. He has helped me go this far, and will always be the person I turn to first for advice.

This guy Greg actually showed up with a real car. So what. We all felt like fools for a little bit didn't we. Now have him race another real car that matches up and see what happens. No need to be picking on 11-12 sec cars, just like he said in his previous post.

:cool:

Hey now everybody calmed down Greg your car is faster than mine! I have a v-6 with all the accessories it's sitting around for like 2 years. I don't spend every dollar i can get on it because i'm bored with it. That fact is your buick buddies can't run what i ran along time ago so they need a mustang with a 347 to step up for them. Greg do you think i don't know what a mustang runs i help a street outlaw racer and worked on a street renegade car it ran 9.80@139 at 3400 lbs years ago thats a 306 with hyd. cam,novi 2000 blower .I think we should stop taking up space on this board you are not going to race so thats it. I don't need credit theres Gus Machado for that. To alex i don't have a problem with you or you trying to stand up for the buick community i think its cool but not every mustang is slow . The guy you guys had it out before ran low elevans on motor he worked for the UPR i met him at a track rental. That is the reason to becareful what you post. I know Brads car ran 10.70s but that was with 30+lbs of boost and never driven to and from the track. Laz