Will Cas ruin my Christmas???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick-----

Sorry, you know how it is shopping last minute for the wife, etc. I got your voicemail about 20 minutes ago. I will call you tonite. In about an hour. I gotta wrap some stuff!!!!

This just really sucks....screw me....okay I'll get over it....Im a big boy.....screw my wife...thats another thing................

I hate to tell you guys this, but I think TR's account for very little of CAS's bizz. Boycott will do phuk all.
I must admit that Tony sold me a rad for a very good price and delivered it only 3 weeks late, so I cannot slay him from personal experience, but the horror stories are constant, and this one is really buggin me. :mad:

Bill T

njturbo,
You have helped me out on some post, so let me help you out!!!!! Cancel the payment to CAS and get a Be Cool. It is one of the best radiators that I have ever seen on our cars. I ran like 5 pass in a row at Cecil County Raceway, yes it was a clod day (mid to high 40s), but 5 pass in a row and the highest in got was 172. Plus it was one of the easiest things to install on the car ever!!!! Just drop right in.

Jason

I feel your pain.We ordered 2 v-2 front mount intercoolers.I got the famous 2 weeks speech.Did Tony wait 2 weeks to get his money from my credit card,not hardly. Took 4 months to get the intercoolers while one guys car sits in the shop.When he finally shipped the last intercooler it didn't come with the hardware. I think his whole operation SUCKS!He is nothing but a liar,yea Tony I hope you read this as I won't buy another thing from CAS.Every body should take their business to sombebody else.There are other companies that sell the same comparable products for less money and the service has to be better.Its a shame that somebody can be alowed to conduct business the way Tony does.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I second the Be Cool! 97 degrees out, 1 hour ride to seekonk, didn't go over 162 WITH a Frontmount intercooler! At the light just before the car show parking lot, it went to 170 and the fan came on. :cool:

This is the kind of problem that can be rectified by a visit to the shop. If I were anywhere in the same state, I wouldn't hesitate to take a trip there myself. What you might need is the infamous Troll Terminator Instructions. It won't do a thing for Christmas, but it will indeed get his attention. :mad: Wasn't he a paid vender? I can understand things taking longer to ship this time of year, but there is no excuse for no contact. Check your e-mail, the infamous instructions are on the way. :eek:

I really hope you get your stuff! You can always leave feedback but I know that doesn't help. I think I would have just bought a Be-Cool like what I have and a set of fans. I recently sold my V2 IC pipes because Tony said he can make me a set in 304 when he runs V2's in Feb. He actually responded to e-mails in back to back days so maybe I am just lucky. Best of luck to you!

Thanks Joe,

You are the untimate troll terminator. If this does not work out, he screwed his last Buick customer it is 8.01PM here in NJ therfore Fed Ex is not coming tonight. Wife is pissed, i am pissed, Father FBI Agent this guy will pay for this sh.. this time.

Sorry to hear about your problem.I was also expecting something today that I didnt get.:mad:The Fedex truck stopped at the neighbors and I thought they had the wrong house,they didnt. I feel worse for you.You have a lot more at stake than I do.What a dead beat ,When someone sells something on Ebay one would think the item is available and ready to ship. :confused: :mad: Especially with the convenience of PayPal.I hate deadbeats.Good Luck hopefully it will get there Thursday.Merry Christmas

That sucks njturbo. Sorry to hear about it, but hey, it's the thought that counts right? I've been looking into getting a IC from CAS and after reading several negative stories, I will NEVER do any business with this guy whatsoever. Your story simply puts the icing on the cake. This guy must be some sort of idiot. You can't conduct business that way and expect people to keep buying with him. So what if TR's are only a fraction of his business. Don't you think the rest of the enthusiasts with figure the same thing out that we have about this incompetent vendor? As a business owner myself, I can say that conducting business the way he does will eventually equal on thing- bankruptcy. He will find out the hard way. What a LOSER. njturbo, anything this guy gets, he deserves. You don't mess with peoples money like that and expect nothing to happen. We ain't talking a few bucks either. A visit definitely sounds like it is needed. Somebody gonna be paying the pied piper! :eek: :eek:

Brad

87 GN

and guys wondered why?

i paid almost as much as a new one for my v4, :rolleyes: but really you may want to find out how he shipped it, in as much as fedex ground totally sucks. then the have fedex home delivery which is even worse. i just plain willl not buy anything that is shipped fedex ground.(i even pay more to go ups) i do have to say that tony's stuff is beautiful....if you can get it. i am way sorry for your sad xmas(prolly more your wife being sad) i understand, happend to me too last year. i think we should seriously support the guys that support our hobbie. it is a shame that it happened to a nice guy like you rob, but what comes around goes around as they say ;) have a otherwise great holiday

AGREE with Brad,
CAS will get what is coming to them in the long run. If I could go take a piss on their shop for you I would. But not to be cliché, as stated before it is the thought that matters. Your women thinking about you like that is some thing to hold on to. Family is what matters in life and during this time of year. My parents are getting divorced and this is a VERY sad time of the year for me. But what is pulling me through this heartache is the rest of my family has stepped up to the plate and supported me and most of all, the love of a women, my best friends, my girlfriend. So hold on to that love that you have, put car aside for a sec (as hard as it is sometimes, hahahaha) and know that you like I have a wonderful women!!!!

Merry XMass,
Jason

Originally posted by V8KILLR
My parents are getting divorced and this is a VERY sad time of the year for me.

Damn, Jason. I thought I was alone with this one. My parents signed the seperation papers about a week ago. I am half glad, half sad. Can you explain to me why my Mom invited him over for Christmas morning?! He is the one who left us!

ON TOPIC:

This CAS stuff is out of hand. I am all for KM, Jack Cotton, and the slew of supporters this community has to offer. Tony, well he can take a long trip off a short cliff. No business here... ever!

I thought I was hard done by having to wait an extra day for a K&N cone filter for a friend from a local speed shop...

Just look into your wife's loving eyes, smile and make the best of the company of your family. They are what is really important. :)

Merry Christmas everyone.

Hang in there Jason. Time cures all. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Brad

87 GN

HHHHHHHHHHelllllllllllooooooooo???????

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Tony DeQuick //Summer 2002

Yes I am hard to get hold of. We just moved to a much larger facility, bought a lot of new equipment, added more manufacturing people and didn't have phones for 2 weeks due to Ameritech's backlog, a 1700 HP TT Viper project to finish then had 370 voice messages and 700+ e-mails when our internet service was reconnected. There is no way any person could ever go through all of those messages. My office is still 75% boxes but I am here at 11pm at night trying to get caught up.

Yes the DSM FMIC got WAY OUT OF CONTROL after only a week and it was supposed to run for 2 weeks. It was stopped after a week. We we're only expecting 10-15 units max, not 37. After a week it was at 37 and we turned over 10 people away over the next week since it was out of hand. And out of 37, 35 ARE DIFFERENT. THERE ARE STILL 5-10 PEOPLE A WEEK TRYING TO GET IN ON THIS GP!!!! One guy wants a black intercooler with chrome pipes and a apEx'I Stage-VIIIX blow off valve, the next guy wants a thicker than standard intercooler powder coated HKS purple to match his 5-tier wing with observation deck and a Greddy Profec-X blow off valve flange, the next guy wants a black powder coated intercooler with chrome pipes and a 1G blow off valve for a 16g, the next guy wants one for a 2G with a Greddy fuZzy lOgIc pRofeC-9000RX-iX'R blow off valve flange and wants the IC pipes setup for an unidentifiable turbo that he pulled off a Mac dump truck at the U-Pull-It, yada yada yada. It takes time to process 37 intercoolers, especially when 35 are different. In retrospect if there weren't 15 options offered, it would've completed more smoothly and not dragged out for 2 months. Most of the products that we make are for other companies that they brand as their own products and when they run a GP, they have the stuff on the shelf to begin with. In retrospect, I would never do a GP like that again unless we had the products to be run on the GP premade at the start of the GP and there would be not be options aside from what we had premade.

And Jeff, we build most of the on-center intakes cut down for blocks that have been cut, considering 75% of the on-center motors being built for Turbo Buicks these days we're former ASA or Busch motors that have substantially cut decks to get the compression up, or were ASA motors that we beat to heck since they knew they were going to the ASA LS1 motor anyway. Hence, most intakes need to be cut. After leaving 4 messages at 6pm on a Saturday afternoon (are you at work at 6pm on a Saturday afternoon in July???). Before even calling or e-mailing me, you threatened to slam me (which you have now done anyway) if I didn't fix your intake. I then pointed out that a friend of mine, whom to you sold a junk crank and then you would not take it back (it was junk and maybe We-Rebuild-It would use it, but no reputable Buick engine builder would use it) and then you wouldn't take it back. My friend didn't jump on the internet and slam you into the ground as he could have. I simply pointed that out to you but you've twisted it around and have done it anyway.

In hind sight, I really have to consider continuing to offer a lot of the low volume Buick products we make, such as the sheet metal intakes, oil pans, water pump kits, etc. There are only so many people building Stage II motors, and considering you can buy products such as sheet metal intakes, custom CNC machined oil pans and electric water pump kits (that work with all of the serpentine accessories and they didn't have these for the 5.0L until last year), we have products priced so people can actually afford them considering what they would typically sell for. Essentially one-off custom made pieces offered at mass produced prices. And you will have to wait for them - I'm not denying that. Is it profitable for us? Not really. Is it worth the hassle? DEFINITELY NOT and it's fast becoming not worth the aggravation factor of doing. If I didn't own a TR myself I wouldn't mess with any of the custom Buick stuff at all. It's really not worth it financially and when my accountant asks we're messing with it, I just stare at him like the RCA dog trying to find an answer. Because I like the cars. They are neat-o. I've been involved with these cars for 10+ years. But the aggrevation of the low volume one offs is fast becoming not worth the hassle and the enjoyment factor of doing the custom stuff drops like a rock, when it's a small portion of our business.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

============================================
Christmas Eve 2002

Please contact our friend NJTurbo immediately regarding a radiator bought from you (paid-in-full) three weeks ago by his wife as a Christmas present.

Our community is too tightly knit to not be concerned when one of us is treated poorly by any one. You hurt one of us, you hurt us all.

We'll all be waiting & watching to see how quickly your concern for your customer translates into corrective actions.

Get busy.

Travis

I got your e-mail bud
wanted to wish you a merry christmas first and foremost

Im really sorry about your gift and I totally feel for you on it, even though I have never been in that situation. Your wife seems to put your interests ahead of her own and as long as you are happy she seems to be, I would consider that a great enough present. But back to the gift. In all honesty I do not feel that going to take a plane ride to see him and talk to him would be worth it, and it will only add to the amount of money you have paid because of him. Your time is money as well besides the ticket, and I dont believe he would cut you a discount cause you showed up there, and if he did I doubt it would be big enough to make up the difference of the plane ticket. I do belive the way to get him back is to boycott his stuff. I am more then sure that someone out there can atleast match his items or beat them and they would be more then happy to do it for you, in a perfect example, Mease, since he already offered it for you as well. I have one of his products and the craftmenship is flawless, but anyway I think instead of worrying about tony with this, just bring your business elsewhere, where it will be appreciated and thanked for and probably become discounted upon buying more products. This is just my opinion on this and I hope whatever you do makes you and your wife happy.

Happy holidays everyone

Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.