01 Regal LS Supercharged upgrades and deletions

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
Getting the beater ready for Oklahoma and BG

The things done since I have owned the car besides a few performance items I have put it on a diet

Deleted exhaust past the DP, switched over to E85, dropped from 3.4 to 3.0 pulley. Race battery installed.

Rear seats gone. Front pass seat gone. Inner bumper supports gone.

AC compressor deleted and new lighter wheels.

I will be tinting the windows very dark as well.

lstires.jpg

pretty nice for a beater :) What's been done to the trans? I'm looking at doing a diy rebuild this winter, I can't justify a 3k trans from tep.

Probably 4k in the Trans from TEP lol former owner did that. This car is a huge rust bucket though... open the rear doors and just look down. lol Bought it dirt cheap though so I really didnt care. Really the engine and Trans will go into something else down the road if I don't blow up something first. lol

We saw you Thursday, nice. What 60’ times did you have? Hope the weather cooperates today. If you ever want to sell that trans put me first in line. :)

The best sixty ft was a 1.88 on Thursday.

This morning ran 12.79 with a 1.96 sixty ft.

Here is the run down on the Regal LS
L32 Gen V blower From a 2007 GTP
North Star Throttle body
XP cam
TOG Headers
65 lb injectors DW300 FP
3.0 pulley running 13lbs of boost
Tuned for E85 but timing set at 19 degrees
Stage 2 Transmission 3:23 gears
Weight 3340 lbs

Some upgrades coming to the 01 white GS daily driver thanks to Intense Racing, Xmas and the wife of course. lol

Changing the car over to E-85. New FP, hotwire kit, 65lb injectors and a tuned PCM. Already have a 3inch DP installed now to finish out the exhaust, install the cold air intake, 104 plugs, 180 stat and the 3.4 pulley.

Sounds like fun! Do you do your own tuning? That part is still hanging me up. I've been trying to study up on HP tuners before I plunge in and buy it, but I think I may find myself in way over my head.

I don't and im in the same boat as you. I have recently looked at HP Tuners on U tube but I just don't know, I'm afraid I would do more damage than good.
Getting a tune from John Rucker at Intense Racing. We went over all the little details on the car and what my expectations were I think it will work out pretty good. Mostly I just want to get rid of the KR and have a decently quick driver.

That's good to know. I'm glad that they took the time to work with you and truly understand your needs. I'm thinking about going down the same path. If if I really want to dial it in, I can bring it up for a dyno tune.

HP Tuners on a GS is very straight forward. Even if you don't change anything else, recording runs, tweaking overall timing and WOT AFR is super easy and worth the expense.

It's a steep learning curve at first, but not too bad to learn. I went from maf to speed density, that took me awhile to straighten out. The thing that sold it for me was the price to have my car tuned at a shop. I could spend 125/hr for just dyno time and I tune it vs. a flat $700 rate for the shop to operate dyno and tune my car.

Last edited:
Dyno tune motorsports also does excellent tunes and will change them based on logs. They use to do tunes for intense may still do them.