02 sensors

TTANut

I have been running 103 vp unleaded gas to avoid replacing o2 sensors. The best 1/4 mile I have been able to do is 13.3 So, how long do the o2 sensors last when you run 110 leaded racing fuel? Also, what are the signs that the o2 sensors are bad? Is there a place where you can get them at a reasonable cost?I want to go faster in the 1/4 mile, but wanted to check in with you guys to see what to expect. Thanks. ttanut.

What do you have done to your car? The thing will run close to 13.3 on Pumpgas Factory stock. You should be WELL into the 12s with 100 octane with 20psi.

BUT, to answer your question you'll get between 7-10 runs before the check engine light comes on in the return road. It will give you a Code 13, if you dont get one at the track you'll get one on the way home if you leave the gas in there...

You should be able to get real GM 02 sensors for about 20 bucks a piece. I used buy them 3 of 60 bucks.

o2 sensors

Yeah, after reading a few of the posts on this web site, I am wondering about my car too! I have a k&n air filter, flowmaster muffler, 2.5" exhaust , test pipe, red 93 chip, adjustable wastegate with boost up to aproximatly 19 lbs. 103 unleaded, to do the 13.3. Traction has been a real problem. I just mounted hoosier slicks for this Wednesday. I am hoping for a big gain from the tires.
I will be getting my sub frame connectors installed this week. I also ordered LT-1 valve springs that I will try to get installed this week. I also plan to vent the engine with valve cover breathers soon. I still need to block the throttle body lines, and install a trans. cooler also.
Next will be the torque converter lock up switch you told me about Mike. I noticed on your recipe that you also had a bleeder valve. Is that valve to relieve built up boost in the engine after you let off the gas?
The last thing I need befor race gas is a scan Master. Then I will try to make the low numbers like the rest of the group. Thanks for all the info. I hope it works on my car. ttanut.

The bleeder valve allows you to adjust the boost by turning a knob instead of burning your hands trying to adjust the rod on the wastegate.

What is your MPH??? Maybe the car is running better than you think but you need traction.

o2 sensors

My best mph in the 1/4 mile is 106 mph. I usually average 102 to 103 mph. On the 13.3 it was 102 mph. This week I also had the injection system cleaned, changed the original fuel filter, as suggested in the Buick recipies. The car is silk smooth from idle to wot.
I really am hoping for a big gain out of the tires. I usually launch with 5 psi boost. But again the best 60 foot time is 2.16.
I can't thank you enough for your help and interest. ttanut.

You MPH is very low. Your actually doing well for the ETs your running...

With Racegas, Racechip, 20psi and good 02s locking the converotor running open exhaust you should be running 112-114mph. With Slicks and a Good launch thats 11 second Zone...

Good luck

So, how long do the o2 sensors last when you run 110 leaded racing fuel?

In my experience with my 87 GN, running Cam 2 116 the check engine light would come on after a few runs. This never seemed to hurt performance in any way!

After a tank full or two of pump gas, the 02 sensor cleared out and the check engine light would go out. I would do this just about every weekend for 3 years. I sold the car with 37,000 mi and it's original 02 sensor intact! The car ran 12.60s @ 108mph with very few mods.

I never worried about the 02 sensor! Just my .02 cents:D

Originally posted by TTA89

You should be able to get real GM 02 sensors for about 20 bucks a piece. I used buy them 3 of 60 bucks. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sorry, but--THATS A CROK OF ****!!!!!!!! Modermuscle USED to have a special, 3 for $66.00 but thats LONG GONE now. The cheapest anyones getting them NOW is ~$32.00-$37.00!!!!

PLEASE if you know of ANYWHERE selling them that cheap -
LET US KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, That modern muscle special back in the day did NOT include shipping, add that to the mix and it was more like 25-26 dollars each (66.00 + 7.50 shipping)

I've been using Bosch O2 sensors in the TTA and the Turbo T. Usually pick them up for less than $20 at Pep Boys. Hell, I figure Bosch invented the O2 sensor,...so they should make a good one. I've had a Bosch sensor last up to 10gal of VP C-16 before setting a code also. BTW, just called the local Pontiac dealer, GM O2 sensor is $26, part # 25162693, if you're paying more your local dealer is raping you, so I wouldn't doubt if you could get them in a 3-pack for $60. Don't be so quick to acuse somebody of BS Old Gray,.......:rolleyes:

Originally posted by OldGrayII

Sorry, but--THATS A CROK OF ****!!!!!!!! Modermuscle USED to have a special, 3 for $66.00 but thats LONG GONE now. The cheapest anyones getting them NOW is ~$32.00-$37.00!!!!

Why would I lie? :confused:

Go pay 37.00 bucks, I dont care....

o2 sensors

Thanks for the replys, and the part numbers. Man you guys sure et excited talking about this stuff. ttanut.

Originally posted by TTA89

Why would I lie? :confused:

Go pay 37.00 bucks, I dont care....

Hey, where do you get them so cheap! I'm SURE the rest of the board would like to know, Let US KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26.40 + Shipping= ~30.00!! Like I said NOBODY has these for $20.00!!!!!!!!!!! Again, to the ORIGINAL poster, anyone have them for $20.00even???????????????

Thanks Again!!

Originally posted by OldGrayII
26.40 + Shipping= ~30.00!! Like I said NOBODY has these for $20.00!!!!!!!!!!! Again, to the ORIGINAL poster, anyone have them for $20.00even???????????????

Thanks Again!!

:rolleyes:

hey robert,

I NEVER get a bosch to code. they didnt on my GN and dont on the TTA, b ut its real obvious when they go bad.

BTW I havent forgotten the video just been lazy, i will get it done.

L8R

Originally posted by SHRPTTA
hey robert,

I NEVER get a bosch to code. they didnt on my GN and dont on the TTA, b ut its real obvious when they go bad.

BTW I havent forgotten the video just been lazy, i will get it done.

L8R

Phil,

I've had them code in my TTA,....but they do last a while. I use to have the hookup with this guy I knew at Pep Boys,...he would always swap them out as defects when I'd burn em up...;) no problem on the video,...whenever,...:D

They wouldnt code in my car either. It had one when I got it and I ran a bunch of racegas threw it and was excited that it still worked. Just for kicks I put a new GM 02 in and the car ran 200% better! Well It should after 50 gallons of racegas on 1 02 :D

just checked a couple local places here

DEALER=$44.88

AC DELCO auto parts store=$36.84

AS STATED GMPARTS DIRECT=$26.40+9.95 shipping

On this I find the AC delco ones MUCH easier to change, the Bosch are just a tad too long.!!

L8R