03/04 Cobra

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Finally got one:D
Silver with the COBRA on the back bumper blacked out and very clean.
Looked like he was Hawaiian...probably in his mid 40's like me.
Kids these days...:rolleyes:

I was on my way home from Lowes and as I turned left across an intersection, there he was on the other side of the intersectionwaiting to turn right to go in the same direction as me.
I saw him eyeballing me as I went past his nose....so I eyeballed him back.
Hooked.:cool:

There were several more cars behind me that he had to wait for, so I just cruised nice and slow...watched....and waited.

Sure enough....I could see him weaving his way through traffic try to catch up to me...so I kept cruising while protecting my position in front of the flow.

I finally had to turn left again...at this point he was two cars back.
Made my turn and the two cars stayed behind me giving him access to the outer lane so he could finally catch me.

He came up casually and got along side...I played like I didn't know he was there.

He honks his horn, so look over with a, "Well looky at you." look on my face.
He gives me a nod and points at the GN front to back and nods again with approval....
So I nodded back....seemed to be his preferred method of communication:rolleyes:

Then I nailed it.
His face was like :eek: as I took off.
Then I let out.
He nails it and I hear that blower whine...sounds friggin' cool.
He let out just as he came along side again.:D

We're both smiling...and nodding...:biggrin:

Red light up ahead. Yeah!!!!!

As we stop:
Him: Nice! What are those? Drag Radials? You need them?
Me: Yup...it'll just blow the tires off without them
Him: You running a stall converter?
[never heard that as one of the first questions before]
Me: Yup....3200...a few other mods too. How about you?
Hi: Ya...just some tweaks, but mostly stock.

As the light turned green, we finished our pleasentries as we coasted from the light and at about 5 mph....both nailed it.
I got out ahead by about a length pretty easy, and continued to look back at the rear view to watch him falling back even more, a foot or two at a time.
Once I had him by about 2 lengths, I let out... and needed to anyway cuz there was another red ahead.
...but it was a clean kill...and would have only gotten worse for him if we stayed in it.

He pulls along side at the red again...
Him: Wow...it hooks real good!
Me: Thanks
Him: What power you making?
Me: Probably around 500
Him: Nice...I'm making 465 at the wheels.

We chatted a bit more while waiting for the light, but the racing was over...road ahead was not good for it.
So at the green, I let him roll out ahead and I just cruised it, making my turns to get home....feeling good for finally getting some honest vindication on a nice 03/04 Cobra, but still waiting to find that one that beat me several months back before I got the ported heads and roller cam.

I will find that White Cobra one of these days....and I'm gonna CRUSH IT!!!!:cool:

Nice kill.

Power is worthless without traction. MT drag radials rock.;)

Wow, and the stang didn't turn off after getting spanked.:confused:

Mike Barnard

Wow, and the stang didn't turn off after getting spanked.:confused:

my thoughts exactly, hey chicken never let the enemy get your six

On the way into work this morning, I was cruising through Santiago Canyon where I got my ticket a couple weeks back (and two others 4 and 6 years ago...:rolleyes:)
...I was doing about 60 in the 55...

Came around a bend in the road near Irvine Lake and there's my buddy standing there next to his cruiser speed trapping.

He clicked me, then just watched me as I approached.
I smiled and waived as I went by and he gave me a thumbs up.
:D

Smile n' wave boyz...smile n' wave....:biggrin:
...and always respect the uniform...

Nice kill as usual. Maybe you should make friends with some of the local
po-po... You'd be surprised how many are gear heads... I even know of a judge who'll throw out tickets involving burnouts since he likes to do them too...:cool:

Might be worth your while...

Nice kill as usual. Maybe you should make friends with some of the local
po-po... You'd be surprised how many are gear heads... I even know of a judge who'll throw out tickets involving burnouts since he likes to do them too...:cool:

Might be worth your while...

I've actually got some ties to the local Sheriffs. They used to come arrest my neighbor across the street all the time and we'd talk and make jokes about the nut case.

One time they had him in the back of their car out in front of our house while they searched his house and he still had his cell phone...
He calls my wife, who was working in our front yard. She answers and he's freaking out telling her to call 911. She gets off the phone and called me instead and asked me what to do.
I told her to call him back and tell him, "They're already here.":rolleyes:

She did it.:biggrin:
He was kinda quiet towards us after that...:redface:

Also my kid plays football with some of their kids.
I met one at a red light when he came along side and started commenting on how much he liked the GN. Shoulda raced him...:cool:

The CHP are a different group...they tend to be less relaxed than the Sheriffs are.

I hear you on the CHP or any HP for that matter...
I've worked with a few. They don't even seem to have a sense of humor...:cool: That is unless they're tasing someone... then it's hilarious.:biggrin:

I have a State Trooper for a neighbor, super cool- even wants to go for a ride in the TR... we'll see..

Hey...someone PM'd me a couple weeks back after this post asking about Lou's motors...I'm suffering from cranial flatulence and can't remember who (and I deleted all my PM's last week...:()

Anyway.....
Lou has a couple deals going on motor's in his shop, so if you're really interested....you might find a good deal.;)