06 Brand X Bash Info

TXGS

March 18th 2006

Lone Star Buick Brand X Bash 06...
Temple, TX
Temple Academy Dragway (Aka The River or to the Locals "Little River")

Hotel Information:

Days Inn - Temple TX
Reservation under Buick Event or Buick Race
Reservation is for the 18th of March only
Cost: 55.95 Flat Fee (1 to 4people per room)
Reservations will be Accepted for Group rates till
March 4th 2006
Call Monica at:
254) 774-9223
15 Rooms are reserved for this event. If we need more
please let me know.

Timeline.:
BBQ grill Fired up at around Noon. "BBQ provided by sponsors"
Social/eating time 1- 3:30
Tech Lineup 3:30 - 4
Tech 4PM
Time trials Start 5PM
Race starts 7PM
Cost
$8.00 per person (gate Fee)
$20.00 (to Race)

Payouts From the Buick Event

The Track will also have a payout for there event also So there is a chance to win their money also.

1st place. $250 +Plaque
2nd place $150 +Plaque
3rd Place $100 +Plaque

New For this year

The RED EYE Award.

This prestigous award will be Given to the First Buick to show us a redlight during competion......

And Another Annual award yet to be named.... Based on an ill performing vehicle.... Award will be passed from awardee to awardee and will not be given to the same person two years in a row.

See You there!

Hotel Information:

Just a reminder that the reservations for the group discount at the Days Inn end tomorrow. So call if you want to book a room for the X bash, otherwise you will be paying the going rate for a room. I have included the hotel info if you need it.

Hotel Information:

Days Inn - Temple TX
Reservation under Buick Event or Buick Race
Reservation is for the 18Th of March only
Cost: 55.95 Flat Fee (1 to 4people per room)
Reservations will be accepted for group rates till
March 4Th 2006
To cancel your reserved room it must be done before the 15Th of March before 4PM.

Call Monica at:
254) 774-9223
15 Rooms are reserved for this event. If we need more
please let me know.

Thanks
Phil Green

12 Days to go. If you have not been to this event you need to come and check it out. Plenty of GN/TTypes and Gransport/Skylarks and Fajitias :biggrin: See ya'll there!

I'll be there..unfortunately, the GN won't make it with me this year. Met some of you guys last year and look forward to meetin' up again...Jarod

TXGS said:
12 Days to go. If you have not been to this event you need to come and check it out. Plenty of GN/TTypes and Gransport/Skylarks and Fajitias :biggrin: See ya'll there!

seems like there are ussually a few TTA's that show up as well. always a fun event.

My cam will be in Thursday, so I SHOULD be able to bring my car.....but I might just end up spectating.

My car was doing really well then things went wrong.

Cyl 1 got hot for some reason and melted the tip off the plug, and probably a piston with it. Tune seemed good, I dunno yet, have not broken into it yet. It coasted a 9.76 @136 from the 1000' mark. I think it would have done at least a 9.5. And that was with a spinning 1.6 60'. :mad:

So if I go, it will be sans Buick.

Won't have a buick ready for it this time either.

Guess I will have to just make do with the wifes new 06 GTO! :cool:

I'm in. Still have to change the oil, and spark plugs, I guess. I just bought a new Optima battery, gotta install it.
James Kay is doing tax returns, waiting on Weber racing/Lonnie.
Raul Lopez's trans rebuild is almost done, but he says he can't be there. Turbotwin2, my twin brother from San Antonio, can only make the BBQ.
Tim is bringing his red '72 Nova BBC.
Kary Bell will bring his BBB green Skylark (and some NOS)
Iam(Jeff) says he'll be there.
Anybody else from Austin

By the way, I watched the Little Pooch Race at the track Saturday 3-11-06, they have repaved it, 200 ft. of new concrete, then new pavement. This was the first week running on it. A "little" slippery for some of the boys. A bit of a transition (dip)? maybe at the end of the concrete. Some good video of that racing at www.centexhotrods.com Lounge section/videos , should be at the top of the section. The track is a "little" green yet, I'd say? We need to lay down some rubber on this track,boys.
Mike

Mr. T-Type
Disco Stu
Tin Man
Sixgun86gn
Get 'em going guys, for Noble, Buick vs. Ford.
James Kay is building a Weber TSM/Lonnie Diers 200R4 for this race.
I'm in.
Mike

mhogan6 said:
Mr. T-Type
Disco Stu
Tin Man
Sixgun86gn
Get 'em going guys, for Noble, Buick vs. Ford.
James Kay is building a Weber TSM/Lonnie Diers 200R4 for this race.
I'm in.
Mike

I'll be ready for Noble.

I might not be able to make it until later b/c of work....but I'll be there whether my car is running or not.

I'll be there. Almost decided not to bring the car, but the bug bit last w/e and I got 'er ready...