1,178 mile GNX up for auction

TURBOSKI

Just a heads up. I read an ad for an upcoming auction this weekend Sun Oct 30 near Syracuse NY. One of the cars for sale is a 1,178 mile GNX with no reserve. It didn’t relate what # the car is, but by the pics attached to the auction house web site sure look great. There are several other classic /muscle cars the owner is letting go. Click on the link below.

http://www.lyonauction.com/

Just did a Carfax on it and it comes up with a New York State tile issued as odometer problems(true mileage unknown).

It Sold !!!

Just got back from the auction, great turnout of people. The GNX looked a bit "weathered". Both doors had some decent size door dings and the car is in need of a buffing or maybe even a paint job, many light scratches and swirl marks. They stated that the owner was the orig buyer and that he would give the "new owner" a written statement of "true milage" being 1178 miles but for some reason NY State DMV has the title as "TMU" and thats how they sold it as.......and it brought $52,000 and it's staying in the Syracuse NY area (at least until it's sold again !)

As for the 70 GS 455 Stage 1 that was the next car auctioned it looked "somewhat original" , and it brought $34,000, same buyer.

Just got back myself(to Long Island). That car was not nice at all. I thought it was worth in the low 40's between the condition and the title issue. I actually went in the house, spoke with the owner and checked the title. It was branded. What a waste of time. He got sick money for his cars.
I guess it's good for current GNX owners. I figure if I had my perfect 900 mile car there it would have done at least 60K.

Oh well, live and learn. No more public auctions for me.

$$$$$

The auction company made out very well also. I was online watching that auction. The fees were very high.

I was there too. Another detractor on the GNX was that there were mouse droppings on the passenger seat and in the glove box. No telling what those critters had been up to. Besides the obvious corrosive damage of their excrement, they like to nibble on wire insulation under the dash and in the engine compartment, and other places unseen, then there's the odor. I wondered what it would smell like inside with the windows rolled up and the doors not opened every 30 seconds on a hot summers day. The back seat was full of dog hair from that big German shepard.

But then again, a repaint of the drivers door, a good buff job, maybe some wet sanding, and alot of elbow grease should bring it back to be a fairly presentable car consistant with the mileage. You could tell the successful bidder really wanted it bad by his lack of hesitation on ratcheting the price up.