You can type here any text you want

1/4 mile best at the Rock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jicaju

Jicaju
Got some video that we will post later. Best time was at 27psi with 22* of timing. Slip read like this:

1.44 60ft
4.19 330
6.52 1/8th
106.68mph
8.49 1000
10.160 1/4 mile
135.06 mph

Could there be a 9's in the future?:eek:

Nice times... That is cookin!! What is your goal with the car...Or has it already passes your expectations?

I'd like to see some high nines. The car is capable of doing it we are just trying to get there slowly before we blow these 8 bolt TTA heads off. And the 1/4 mile track is about 2 hours away so probably be a while before we go back.

Michael

according to NHRA 135mph is the same as a 9 sec run :p we got booted for running the speed but not the # till we went to CC in Md in Oct :cool: thats def crankin!!! what is the combo in that thing ??? :eek:

4.1 stage II off-center block. stroker crank, 6.3 K-I rods from strezo,JE pistons 8.47:1, BHJ balancer, 218-218 comp cam, Champion ported TTA heads and intake, harland sharp 1-7 roller rockers, 70 mm throttle body, 76 dual BB turbo, Razors kit, PTS tranny, vigalante convertor and some more shiot. Heads and wieght of car are the limiting factors. Don't want to spend the time to put the 14 bolt heads (which incluces building new header and down pipe) or hacking up my 22,000 mile TTA.

Michael

You Da Man ... That is the fastest I have ever heard of TTA heads ever going. Blew me out the water ;)

Congrats.. And I feel ya on the 22k mile thingy :D

Look at the 6th post on this thread from sydwynder pics from Rockingham video is there.

Michael

Congrat's Michael! All that time and effort is paying off. Great times with a single 340 pump and stock fuel lines and stock ignition. There is still more room too! 9's for sure..:eek: Like the video too!!

Mike Banas

Michael/Mike B.,

Did you guys look into the converter efficiency yet? I'm just wondering from what I was thinking at the track.

Car runs & looks great!! Congrats!!

K.

Hello Keith,
Mike sent the convertor off and the convertor needed to be refreshend and upgraded. I did take the files and plugged the numbers into a transmission efficiency calculator. It calculated about 4-5% slippage until he locked it. I believe Mike did tightened the convertor, as it was too loose. We are hoping the car will pick up 2 tenths with just that change.

Thanks for the advice Keith as it did sound like Mike was driving through the convertor just past the 60' mark.

Man thats cool,:biggrin: thats the time slip that keeps slipping out of my reach. I was going for 9.99 at Renalds but unfortunatly two K1 rods decided to take a brake and windowed my stage 2 block.:mad: I should have the 109 up and running by mid Jan. Once again thats awesome cant wait for mine!:smile:

Back