1/4 mile guesses

thanks guys, you guys had good guesses, finally ran it at the track on street tires, had to leave with no boost and went 13.51 at 103mph. i need drag radials, race gas and more boost, then what would you think?

Like I said before, after alcohol, alcohol chip & fine tuning I went from 13.30s to constant 12.0x's & a best of 11.94

You need traction, hard launch ( I was leaving on 12 psi) & boost in the 23 psi range with no knock retard.

Slowly work you way up, err down on ETs. It's not gonna happen instantly. I was getting consistent 12.6s & just kept taking fuel away from 1st gear to help spool, & added a little timing to 1-2 gear to help holeshot.

Slowly but surely, the times got lower. I picked up 4 mph overall too. Another sign of making more power. 60' times were in the 1.6-1.7 range with a best of 1.58 on the 11.94 run.

Again, take your time. Also be aware a stock trans will only take so much 12 second power before it shits the bed. Ask me how I know. Lol

Like I said before, after alcohol, alcohol chip & fine tuning I went from 13.30s to constant 12.0x's & a best of 11.94

You need traction, hard launch ( I was leaving on 12 psi) & boost in the 23 psi range with no knock retard.

Slowly work you way up, err down on ETs. It's not gonna happen instantly. I was getting consistent 12.6s & just kept taking fuel away from 1st gear to help spool, & added a little timing to 1-2 gear to help holeshot.

Slowly but surely, the times got lower. I picked up 4 mph overall too. Another sign of making more power. 60' times were in the 1.6-1.7 range with a best of 1.58 on the 11.94 run.

Again, take your time. Also be aware a stock trans will only take so much 12 second power before it shits the bed. Ask me how I know. Lol

was this on stock turbo ? , your sig shows a ta49 and those times you speak of ..
"1987 GN-- TA49,Precision 42lb injectors, Mease SLIC, TT 93 chip,RJC plate,200-proof nozzle,Billet FPR, Hotwired Walbro, 3" TH downpipe & 3" single-shot w/ Hooker muffler,Tomka 4" CAI, LT1 MAF & Translator, MSD 30 OHM wires,RJC Engine Brace, Rear Body Braces,Scanmaster 2.1,.....typical goodies= 11.94 @ 109 @ Byron"

not saying stock wont do it , mine was 12.0s 111 on alky stock turbo + heads with a down pipe , duttneck and drag radials ..on a ta49 low 11s.. into 10s with ported heads ..also got a couple stock head stock turbos into the 11s ..alky is key

Yes ta49.

I have no doubt a stock turbo with alky &/ or race gas will do low 12s. It'll be blowing pretty hot air though over 20 psi.

just wondered what you guys think my car wuold run in 1/4 mile, TT 5.7 chip, 42lb injectors, stock turbo, homemade 3in downpipe, 2 1/2 in exhaust, ported polished stock heads and intake, rjc boost controller, adj fuel pressure regulator, 255 lph pump, 100lb valve springs, tin man cold air intake, 17lb boost, stock converter, scanmaster, 93 octane with no knock

There is a TE44 for sale in PARTS for SALE section .. put it on your car and switch the car to E85 if you have that in your area otherwise install a ALKYCONTROL kit ...
it will run mid 11's all day long ! or as long as the trans lets you :)

A te44 will move way more air with out having to change your converter if you looking for 12's easily with out running out the stock turbo.

Just installed mechanical fuel gauge on the car, when i turn the key on, with car not running should the fuel pressure raise to its set point? mine does not

ummmmm, i think the piece i screwed on to the fuel rail pushes the schrader valve in to allow fuel to pass by, but no i didnt remove it, should i ? first time i ever hooked one up, thanks

sounds like the gauge is working
prime only runs the pump for a few seconds ..it doesnt know the pressure so its not like it runs untill you reach a given pressure then shuts off
if it starts , pressure doesnt drop too fast then youre good
..that said you should see pressure drop of more like 7-8 psi , the return may need some help due to the volume of the hotwired 255lph fuel pump volume