You can type here any text you want

1/8 mile track night PL files attached open for advice/comments

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wb's87

willrock
So I made my weekly trip to LANCASTER DDRAGWAY in western NY. Right off the trailer I ran an all time best of 7.21 @ 96mph. The car preceded to run slower every run thereafter.

run 2: 7.28 @ 94
run 3: 7.31 @ 92
run 4: 7.37 @ 92
run 5: 7.41 @ 92

After the end of run 4 as I was slowing I heard a loud pop like a m-80 going off. It kinda shook the car and scared the crap out of me. I thought I blew a HG or an intercooler pipe. Back in the pits I gave the car a thorough lookover and found nothing wrong. I was already concerned about the car slowing each run and now this happened. so on run 5 I was very tentative and ran the7.41. so the car still slowed some but mechanically seemed fine. Eliminations were starting and I dialed in at 7.40. I had a slight advantage in reaction time .561 to his .572 I was ahead the entire race and let off on the throttle before the MPH timers and coasted through the finish line. I glanced up to see the win light come on in the other lane. I broke out 7.40 / 7.33 and lost first round. I fully expected the car to run a little slower. But on the last pass I'm sure it would have run in the 7.20's if I hadn't let off it.

I am attaching PL files I'm open to all comments or advice.
Please notice the RPM and BOOST at 0 MPH everyone asks how I do it? I have no clue if it's normal or something wrong?

Thanks for looking

Attachments

I can't see your data my phone won't open it anyway u r leaning out that's y it popped if u want email me your data

Last edited:
Our builds are very similar except the turbo, and my data shows the same thing with the boost. Your 1-2 shift looks kinda high but maybe that's due to the turbo pushing it? What was your 60' time? Last year I ran a 7.3 and the 60' was a 1.66

First pass the car water temperature was good and just kept climbing along with air temperature
Were you hot lapping? This can slow a car down . I try to keep water and under hood temperature as low as possible. Been thinking of taking my leaf blower, racers raise there hoods to lit heat out , I do for a little bit just checking oil water and a quick check and leave it up about 10 minutes.
I have a question, I seldom use my 2Step our go WFO for 3.5-4 seconds like you do ,is this normal starting line practice? Your turbo is way bigger than my 5857 is this why?

Back