1.9 Rocker arms

Little6pack

In the new HP Pontiac magazine they do a rocker arm upgrade on the 3800 engines. Both supercharged & normal engines.

They claim the supercharged engine will reap 20 hp & more torgue
and the normal engine will gain 13 hp & mor Torque.

They did not test it in real world drag strip only only on a dyno.

Has anyone here made that mod? Did you notice or gain a difference in 1/4

yup, but I'd get a cam instead. I don't like the idea of going all the way up to a 1.9 when most modified cars use 1.7 to 1.8 at the most.

The rockers really help on the top end. 60+MPH Great for highway passing. ;)

I chose to go with a cam so I could add duration.

Originally posted by mcad_c
The rockers really help on the top end. 60+MPH Great for highway passing. ;)

I agree, makes for fun on the highway:D Since I never raced my car before I got them, I'm not sure how big of a difference it made in my 1/4 time though. I'll tell ya that there is a HUGE difference on the freeway. I kind of regret getting them now and would rather have a cam, but how could I pass up $150 for rockers??:p

I'd think you should be a little faster. For comparisons sake, here are my mods when I ran a 13.4:

Borla Cat Back and u-bend removed
3.25" pulley
Eibach Springs
Thrasher Stage II MAF (doesn't do sh!t)
Koni adjustables
Mecham PCM
Adjustable FPR
Thrasher CAI
Nitto Drag Radials
4 10" Rockford Fosgate Subs, Punch 150 amp, bass cube, and capasitor (-sp)

I agree Nick, I think my car is a dud:( I suppose my 2.3 60foots with Nitto DR's don't help me, eh?:mad:

Originally posted by mcad_c
Not a dud, you are right on about the 60'.

1.9x 60 ft should net you around a 13.2 ET

1.9x 60' s What are those :eek: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :)

And yes the rockers are very nice. Both of the guys in the artical are my friends and those were real numbers. A cam is much better but is a pain to install compared to the rockers. Rockers = 2 hours and cam = 10-12 hours plus gaskets.

Originally posted by Das Regal GS
1.9x 60' s What are those :eek: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :)

And yes the rockers are very nice. Both of the guys in the artical are my friends and those were real numbers. A cam is much better but is a pain to install compared to the rockers. Rockers = 2 hours and cam = 10-12 hours plus gaskets.

No kidding! I can't even get less than a 2.2 60' at Byron:rolleyes:

Who were the guys in the article?? And, rockers in 2 hours?!!! You are a God! It took Eli, Neal and I about six (well, add an extra three alone because Neal was involved:p ), but Eli and I had MANY beer breaks:D

Originally posted by TRYMY231S
2.2's @ Byron? Are you even trying? :D You should be able to hit consistent 2.0's there.

That's what I'm sayin! I think I just need driving lessons:p I spin my tires WAY too long. I was getting 14.0x with 2.3 60's there.:rolleyes:

Damn dude, chill. Most people care about et's and mph more than dyno numbers - I know I do. If a car gains 20 hp and x amount of torque it will be reflected in your mph as much as on a dyno; especially if you're adding 10% more power.

Originally posted by mandersgtp
No kidding! I can't even get less than a 2.2 60' at Byron:rolleyes:

Who were the guys in the article?? And, rockers in 2 hours?!!! You are a God! It took Eli, Neal and I about six (well, add an extra three alone because Neal was involved:p ), but Eli and I had MANY beer breaks:D

At IDD#2 I couldn't get better than a 2.2 with my DR's... :rolleyes: Most of the time it was 2.3-.4 range.

The 2 guys in the article were Kevin Skonieczny (MCCGPGT on ClubGP) and Rob Coppersmith (Rivman). They were stuck doing the swap in the rain at the track!! That sucked.

Well maybe 2.5 hours if you count my smoke breaks
;) Ya know union workers and all :) That and I have done 7 swaps now.