You can type here any text you want

#1 Cam Bearing Problem Or Not

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NOKA72

YouTube - CAM BEARING MOVIE 2

HEY GUYS THIS IS A LINK TO A VIDEO I TOOK OF MY #1 CAM BEARING AS I WAS TEARING DOWN THE ENGINE....I WAS PRIMING THE ENGINE TO SEE IF I WAS GETTING OIL TO THE ROD JOURNALS...BECAUSE OF MY 200 MILE BEARING FAILURE....SO ANYWAY DO YOU THINK THIS IS A PROBLEM....I DO HAVE A HOT LOW OIL PRESSURE PROBLEM...OR BECAUSE THE ENGINE IS NOT RUNNING IT IS DOING THIS....THANKS VINNY

Hard to say what is going on there but if the oil is cold then id say its shot. The front bearing is often worn out from excessive loading caused by high volume pumps and too high viscosity oil for the application. Its easy enough to replace the front bearing. I use a clevite aluminum one in the #1 location. I actually drive the old one out with the new one. The old one will drop down and can be retrieved with the pan off. Ive dont this to at least 15 engines without pulling the engine out.

i would say something is loose in there. 1 is doesnt sound normal and 2 i see sparks and smoke coming out of there or am i seeing things

Hey Guys...well What You Are Seeing Is Oil Blowing Out Between The Cam And Bearing....definately Not Sparks Or Smoke....so Far I Spoke To A Few People And They Say To Check For Spun Bearing,incorrectly Installed Bearing....and Most Likely Since This Bearing Is Hit With All The Initial Pressure...they Do Not Feel It Is A Big Issue.....anyone Else Want To Chime In......

Hey Guys...well What You Are Seeing Is Oil Blowing Out Between The Cam And Bearing....definately Not Sparks Or Smoke....so Far I Spoke To A Few People And They Say To Check For Spun Bearing,incorrectly Installed Bearing....and Most Likely Since This Bearing Is Hit With All The Initial Pressure...they Do Not Feel It Is A Big Issue.....anyone Else Want To Chime In......
who knows that is wierd

Most Likely Since This Bearing Is Hit With All The Initial Pressure...they Do Not Feel It Is A Big Issue
I wouldnt want someone thinking if my engine was in question. Id pull it apart and know for sure.

Yes I Will Be Tearing It Down Today And Getting It Over To Machine Shop....we Shall See.

i would say something is loose in there. 1 is doesnt sound normal and 2 i see sparks and smoke coming out of there or am i seeing things

Looks like sparks and smoke to me too.:eek: Regardless some is very wrong.

Back