You can type here any text you want

1 wrong bearing half-King Bearings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amelio

Well I Fianally got my cam bearings in thanks to Chuck....Thanks Chuck!:cool:

I get home and clean my block up real good and start to install my main bearings....I get the mains in the block and all is good....I start to install the bearings in the caps and when I got to the rear cap I hit a snag. In the rear cap the locating notch that holds the bearing in place is slightly off center......well I had never noticed this before, I noticed it because the locating notch in the rest of the main caps is dead center and those bearings went in great. When I put the bearing in the rear cap the bearings locating notch is center and the cap is not making the bearing not sit correctly in the cap.

I called Summit and tried to explain the issue......the part number for the bearing set is correct and thats all the guy on the phone could tell me, I tried to explain that only one half of a bearing was incorrect.....I am thinking it got packaged wrong from King.

I have the old set of King bearings I took out of the engine and the cap bearing does have a different part#.....it is the same as the rest but has a 1 at the end.

Has anyone else recently purchased King bearings? Any problems?

This happens often. You can buy a new set or just hand file the notch in the main cap to match the bearing tang. The bearing tangs do not do much. The bearing shells are held in place by the bearing crush. Don't sweat it...........just fix it.;)

What..

This happens often. You can buy a new set or just hand file the notch in the main cap to match the bearing tang. The bearing tangs do not do much. The bearing shells are held in place by the bearing crush. Don't sweat it...........just fix it.;)

Ken said.^^

And, U R welcome. And, thanks for the lunch!
Wasn't sure that tool would work, given that's the first time in about 10 yrs it's been used.;)
I'm REALLY proud of our ft brg trik!;):D

Oh wow really? that is te first time I have heard that.....if both you guys say this is normal then I can easily file that notch down and install it. I did send an email into the VP of sales for King because one of the main bearings also had some minor nicks on them. It was at the outter edge so I hit it with some emory cloth to smotth it out. I may get them to send me anoter set unless they have discontinued the one bearing half with the notch in the correct spot

Yeah Chuck that was some serious Mcguyvering...lol:)

I must be lucky. I ordered two sets. One standard and one at -.001 so I could mix and match for propper clearance. No tang problems on mine.

I emailed a sales rep from King Bearings today, he sent me a schematic of what bearings I am supposed to have. Sure enough there is one part number different that has the tang on the cap half of the bearing offset.

i am getting them to send me another set, I am sure fileing it down like suggested would be fine but if I can get the correct bearing I would rather do that.

Back