10.89 @123

D's GN

Here are some details: Stock untouched bottom (except roller cam)

Pump Gas / Alky (dual nozzle)
Boost: 20#
Timing: 21*
A/F: 10.3-10.8
EGT: 1675 at the end
TC: unlocked (with a 27" tire worked out to be around 15% slip)
launch boost: 9-10#
Trap rpms: 6020
Tires: Mickey Thompson DR. 255/60
Weight: 3700lbs

Hopefully with 2*more timing, 25-26#boost and locking the converter a 10.3-10.5 might happen...

Attachments

• tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 398
The only thing I did was change the rear main seal, the rest is factory stock 60k miles on the bottom.

No aftermarket caps.

Your car runs good. I have stock main caps and I am looking for high tens also. I am glad to see someone else has stock caps.

Thanks, this car is driven HARD on the street with the same tune as the strip, nothing changes. Pretty sure the combination of low timing, low boost, cool air (alky), and a safe AF along with zero detonation are key in longevity with the stock bottom at 10sec ets. A 66-67mm turbo will get you an easy 10sec slip with your combo and still drive nice on the street.

I'm thinking of adding an alky system. Your car sounds fairly similar to mine and I was wondering which system you use and could recommend. Thanks, Paul

Hey Paul, definately call Julio, Alkycontrol (727)570-9999 . I have had his system for 3 years now and upgraded to the dual nozzle with the combo in my sig. The dual nozzle is slightly more sensitive when dialing it in but still easy. What chips/computer are you using?
PS- Tell him I sent ya...:biggrin:

Datar

I'm using the stock computer with a Turbotweak chip. I like the look of Julio's system. He seems to be the man for alky from what I've read on the message board. If I do buy a system, it will be from him and I'll tell him you sent me.

I've been weighing this: I have a place that sells 100 octane gas (and methanol also) a mile my home. I figure 100 octane costs about $2.50 p/gallon more than 93. The alky system is approx. $500 and then, add in the cost of a new chip and the methanol itself... This represents the extra cost of about 240 gallons of gas. My car gets great mileage and could easily go over 4,000 miles (or two summers) on 240 gallons. That's why I'm still on the fence and wondering if it's worth the cost in my case.

Thanks for the info. Paul

I've been weighing this: I have a place that sells 100 octane gas (and methanol also) a mile my home. I figure 100 octane costs about $2.50 p/gallon more than 93. The alky system is approx. $500 and then, add in the cost of a new chip and the methanol itself... This represents the extra cost of about 240 gallons of gas. My car gets great mileage and could easily go over 4,000 miles (or two summers) on 240 gallons. That's why I'm still on the fence and wondering if it's worth the cost in my case.

Thanks for the info. Paul

I doubt you'd be able to run the kind of boost on 100 octane that you would be able to on 93/alky.
Just my $0.02 :cool: