10.97 on pump gas !!!!!

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
My friend Dennis Hogan went 10.97 on pump gas and alchol a couple of weeks ago and i was impressed:eek: I went 10.05 that weekend and his other stage car went 9.57 on C16. But we were most impressed on the 10,s on pump gas and low timming chip sence the cars best with C16 is 10.92.. I say nice job!!:)

man that is flat haulin for pump and alk.

here i am hoping to go 12:00 range on pump gas but no alky.

Denis,s car as far as i know has this build up
Stock block,crank,rods
GN1 heads
208/208 flat tappet cam
T&D 1.55 rockers
ATR headers
50# injectors
62 mm T/B
CAS V4
PTE 52 turbo
Joe Lubrant 92 chip
TCS converter
26/10 MT slicks(no skinnys on that run)
Glass bumpers and hood and most of the lightening tricks
Cold air bench seat and all.
He tunes it with a Scan Bastard
Keep in mind that he uses this car to deliver papers and puts ALOT off miles on it.....
His car is a true street car sleeper!!!!!
That run was through a 3 muffler exhaust and a 1700 ft track
and you can barely hear the car go by on a single.People always cant believe how quite his car is
:confused:
Here is a picture of his car

Attachments

• dennis1.jpg
    dennis1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 893
I think it 20deg timming and 22 lbs boost with a stock maf but i can find out for sure. I know its a stock maf and Joes low timming 92 chip.

Also, what does the car weigh? 10.97 =MPH? how much boost does he launch with?

Great ET! I'll be switching over to another SMC kit on the GN to see what I can do with it on an existing 10 sec car.

But I am doubtful about making a pass like a 10.97 with a 20* chip and 22# of boost with that turbo!

Hank

geno, 3 mufflers? I'm really interested in that! I've been trying to get my car wisper quiet for years now. Yeah, I was consideering adding a couple to my Gardner, stock set-up. Could you get some details on that please? Is the car really that quiet?

Thanks very much!!:)

I think it was 122mph and the car weights 3500lbs with him in it but i can find out for sure if you want me to. He has 2 muflers in the regular spots and a third mufler that is a 2 in and 2 out in the stock location.The third mufler with the 2 in and 2 out cancels out the drone completly..

Wow....and the gurus would say his cam is too small, wrong intercooler, too small a turbo, marginal injectors, too much back pressure, etc. Oh, yeah, gotta have 28" tires once in the 11's, too!

Great combination! I love it!

Gene, are the heads ported or the standard ones?

Hank, that light weight must come from a superior braking system? *g* Put the alky on your other car...I bet you can do it too!

Originally posted by Steve Wood
Wow....and the gurus would say his cam is too small, wrong intercooler, too small a turbo, marginal injectors, too much back pressure, etc. Oh, yeah, gotta have 28" tires once in the 11's, too!

Great combination! I love it!

Gene, are the heads ported or the standard ones?

Hank, that light weight must come from a superior braking system? *g* Put the alky on your other car...I bet you can do it too!
None ported GN1 heads port matched to a stock intake gasket..:)

<<Hank, that light weight must come from a superior braking system? *g* Put the alky on your other car...I bet you can do it too!>>

I'm going to give it a shot.

And you're such a kidder Steve! Actually the GN is pretty heavy. All the toys plus the astro roof. With the TE60, 55# injectors, and C16 fuel, I needed around 27# of boost with no less than a 1.5x sixty foot to cut a 10 second pass. I don't know if I can squeeze 27# of boost with AI. And even if I can't get back in the 10s, the GN will be a lot more fun on the street as is the Ltd, without the need for race fuel and associated inconveniences.

Hank

Well I guess this answers the post a while back about if 10's was possible with alchy. Glad to see the car that did it is a street car and only 22psi, tuned with a ScanMaster! That is impressive Dennis (if you're out there!).

geno, you gotta get us some more info on his car. Actual weight, his whole setup, alchy setup, and his actual time slip. What kind of 60' did he have? What MPH?

Thats awesome!

Hank, I am too old to take cars too seriously. I need to get more serious and finish a couple, tho'.

Give yourself a couple of tenths for weight. Maybe a Vega panel wagon would make a good vehicle for a turbo drivetrain?

Do you have a dual nozzle SMC for your GN? I finally added the kit to my GN a week ago after having one on my T since the beginning of the year. I think I will upgrade it to the dual setup one of these days...

He had a 1.53 60ft and the car weights 3450.
This is the car he delivers papers in and puts like 10,000 miles a year on. Ive been trying to talk him into going to Vegas but its going to be a long drive.Im not sure whos kit he has but its one of the new improved one that came out in the last 6 months i think.Ill ask him about it next time i talk to him..:)

I have a single nozzle on the Ltd. which I have found to be more than adequate. I actually had to keep bumping up the boost at which the system turned on which is around 15# right now. But this was based on track conditions and WOT runs. On the street a dual nozzle setup might be a little better due various driving conditions. Most folks probably don't leave every stop light at 8#!

I am going to try the single nozzle first on the GN. If I am not happy with it then I'll go to the dual setup.

I do have a lighter car project. Recently purchased a super clean 89 RX7 in which I will transplant one of my spare GN drivetrains. I think that with a 2700# car, traction is going to be a problem!

Hank

Thanks Geno! What kind of muffs are the "2 in the usual location?" Are they straight through design?