You can type here any text you want

10 second 87 WE4 T, 70k miles

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
What is "109 block with center billet mains "?

I am new to turbo motors, and am curious of what that means.

Also, who did the motor work?

Thanks,
Mike

A 109 casting block is a stock 86/87 20 bolt block. There are many full wieght turbo Buicks in the 9's and 10's using a 109 block and even one in the 8's. The block has proven over the years to be pretty durable. The weak point is normally considered to be the crank flexing and causing the block to distort. I went with a new 4340 forged crank and added the center billet steel main caps to make sure the bottom end would be very durable. This type of set up is very reliable in the 10's and I would not be scared to push it into the 9's. The motor was built by Dicus Benton in Tulsa OK. He has a lot of turbo Buick experience and builds a great motor. The WH1 we were discussing a few posts up(with Karst9 and TurboTed231) has a motor built by Dicus also and it has been going 10's for at least 5 years with no problems and it still has stock pistons, crank and rods with the center billet mains. Here is a pic of the billet mains in the motor. You can also see the forged crank, ARP studs and ARP rod bolts. Thanks

Attachments

• pics606 237.jpg
    pics606 237.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 801
Its only been on a dyno once and I turned the boost down just to be safe and it made 485 rwhp/ 590 rwtq. It made the torque peak at 3500 where the pull was started and stayed over 500 ft-lbs the entire pull. I would consider a trade.

I believe Steve has decided to not sell at this time. We had an agreed price, I was ready to send a deposit prior to picking it up, but he informed me it had a noise in it and he did not have time to look at it. But it appears that he is continuing on with his endeavors with this car and moving on.

Good luck to all finding what they are looking for, I now have an 87 Wo2 that has some tastful mods to work with.

Mike

I believe Steve has decided to not sell at this time. We had an agreed price, I was ready to send a deposit prior to picking it up, but he informed me it had a noise in it and he did not have time to look at it. But it appears that he is continuing on with his endeavors with this car and moving on.

Good luck to all finding what they are looking for, I now have an 87 Wo2 that has some tastful mods to work with.

Mike

Mike,

Good luck with the car..Eric sent me some pics a while back,But I'm just not a red interior or a column shift guy.Nice car otherwise...And best of luck with it.

Still available?3 email and no response.

Like Beamer said I have taken the car off the market for a while. I changed jobs and my new job has required me to travel quite a bit in the beginning so I had to put my hobby to the back burner for a while and take care of family priorities. Friday was the first time I have been able to look at the car in a few weeks. It was running a little rough before and it turned out to be another bad Qaud Air plug wire. I have been running the Qaud Air wires for years with no problems but the last couple of sets I bought have been nothing but problems.

i will be in the market for a car around this price when my ls1 car sells, or if it doesnt sell by christmas i am going to go ahead and buy me another gn or t-type anyway. let me know if you change your mind

im impatient

Back