1000+ Hp Build-Up

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
ok so one of these days i want to build a 1000+ hp motor for my T-type. Do you guys think its possible still being hotair? i mean i would use a ta alum. block and heads and just build the piss out of it. and run like a 80 series turbo or something. custom intake that will support the build but will keep the turbo in the back like it normally is. i would want it to look like a stock hotair just on steroids. what do u all think. possible?

Boost231 said:
........ok so one of these days i want to build a 1000+ hp motor for my T-type. Do you guys think its possible still being hotair? ............... custom intake that will support the build but will keep the turbo in the back like it normally is. i would want it to look like a stock hotair just on steroids. what do u all think. possible?
I am no expert and HATE giving "It can't be done advice", but in in round numbers: 1000HP would require around 1500 CFM. Probably more like 1500 - 1800 with a hot air due to the reduced density. It is doubtfull you can get a turbo in the stock location that can flow that much air.

Maybe with a build motor and a 300 shot of NOS you have a chance. Again, I hope I am wrong. :eek:

"stock hot air just on steriods"

I was just offering picture of how the turbo will interfere with everything. -Nick.

1QUICK85 said:
"stock hot air just on steriods"

I was just offering picture of how the turbo will interfere with everything. -Nick.

..........not if you cut a BIG-A$$ hole in the hood..... :D

My friend's got a TurboMotion V-3 intake that would get you on the right track for big hp and still be HotAir.

Not much is impossible, but you'd have to be a masochist in my opinion to not use some sort of heat exchanger, especially at that power level. would be a helluva lot easier.

alky

well i would use alky. i know im crazy and it would be hard but why not be different? just like my turbo 2003 gsxr600 making 200hp. different is awsome.

v3

the v3 intake is the same as the v2 intake but it has a a u bend pipe that connects to the turbo and straight to the intake. it just elimates all the intercooler stuff and puts a pipe in a u there. if you took that pipe off you could set it up for a intercooler.

As big a fan as I am for the stock ported 84 intake, you're looking into a custom sheet metal intake. You'll never make 1000hp with the stock casting no matter how much you work it.

yup

i just wanted to post this up for something to tal about. i dont think anyone would try to do this type of thing but who knows.

Boost231 said:
i just wanted to post this up for something to tal about. i dont think anyone would try to do this type of thing but who knows.

I would love to see it though. It can be done but finding someone with the time and money is a different story. Methanol motors usually don't use an intercooler anyway so being "intercoolerless" isn't really a disadvantage. Then again, it would be nicer to make the power on gasoline. It's too bad the local dyno shut down, it would be cool to see the power my dad's stageII would lose with a "U" pipe in place of the intercooler.

1000 hp....hmmmm....

For 1000 hp hot air, I would guess the TA block and heads....some type of hemco or such of a plenum (no-IC), 2 stage nos, or tons of meth and alky, girdle of course, forged everything....custom 1 off cam, roller everything, 4" or better exhaust, 200 lb injectors, no maf, prolly 4" TB, dual fuel pumps, f.a.s.t. management....or DFI, major port work on those aluminums!!!! god only knows what else!!!

If I had the $$$, it would have been done by now...but as with every automotive enthusiast...including Jay Leno...sometimes there isnt enough $$$ :rolleyes:

Awesome idea!

John :biggrin: