You can type here any text you want

109 Block Oil Passages Upgrade

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drewster

Wish I Had A Clone. AKA Andrew Youlio
Is it worth my time to enlarge the oil passages in a 109 block? Passages such as: oil pick up to pump. pump to cam-mains, mains to cam. then run a HV oil pump? or Standard pump?
Or should i just leave the original design alone and mod the Earls cover pump mods with standard flow pump?

Street use mostly, but the street use is pretty brutal, rompin' often.

It is not needed unless you use a HD oil pump. Some folks do it, some don't. It's a personal preference I think. Most don't do it, because they seem to think it will weaken an already weak 109 block. Folks are running deep into the 9's without the oil mod on the bearings. If anything, massage the oil passage on the passenger side, front of the block where the oil pressure fitting is. If you look in the passage, you will see a 90 degree turn, take a dremal or die grinder and contour that angle so that it is rounded and not a sharp turn.

To do it right you should really convert the plugs to threaded caps and also port from that area.

Back