109 Stroker (.20 over) turbo, cam & converter choice - TE45a?

OvaBoost

Quick Brick
Thinking about buying a TE45a for a new 109 stroker with all forged internals and 2 billet main caps for a mostly street car that will see track time a couple of times a year. Would like to see 10.xx's.
Already have Champion iron heads, matching Champion stock style intake, TA 1.6 rockers, 70mm TB, translator and 60 lbs injectors. Plan to buy either a duel fuel pump setup or a TT340.

I am willing to wait till I have all the $$ for the proper parts and professional tune!

If I buy the TE45a, what would be the best roller cam and converter for that combo?

Is there another journal bearing turbo that is better choice? If so, what cam/converter?

Thanks,
Bill

That would be 10's all day with that Turbo. I have a stroked with a budget 6031 and went 11.66 at 117 leaving off idle and 20 Psi. Also let off twice because of tranny problem. I would look into billet 6466 or 6266

Sent from my SCH-I100 using Turbo Buick

The newer turbos are better, but the 45a will still get it done. Even back in the day it was considered a 10 flat turbo. I'm stalling at 3100 building boost at the line 0-2 psi with a 45a, stroker, small cam, bone stock headers, and an old "3000" stall 9/11 LU. The only reason I had a 3000 stall with this turbo was because I had a TE44 and never changed the converter when I upgraded the turbo. When I went to a stroker, it all worked out and spools really fast with a proper wastegate setup.

The newer turbos are better, but the 45a will still get it done. Even back in the day it was considered a 10 flat turbo. I'm stalling at 3100 building boost at the line 0-2 psi with a 45a, stroker, small cam, bone stock headers, and an old "3000" stall 9/11 LU...........

The newer turbos are certainly more expensive, but in my opinion and experience, the TE-45A with a Garrett housing will perform with the best in the 10 sec. range, and is GREAT on the street. :)

With a converter that will give you 0 boost at 3100 RPM, that is just the combo we use with that turbo.

.........If I buy the TE45a, what would be the best roller cam............Thanks, Bill

You have many cam choices to obtain your performance goal stated, and the 2 roller cam grinds we favor when using iron heads at this level are the 212/212, and the old stand-by, the 214/210.

The 214/210 is AWESOME off the line and mid-range with a TE-45A! This is the combo I used years ago when I first went into the 10's. :)