10s with stock long& bolt ons. help!

mcponch

MENBER SINCE 2OOI
hey everyone. would like .input on going 10s with this combo. what i need to get their with bolt ons? MY COMBO IS. 87 TURBO-REGAL. HARD TOP. M/T DRAG RAIDALS. 10/26/15. STOCK REAR. 3:42.S AIR BAGS BOTH SIDES. REAR S/SIDE LOWER BARS. AJUSTABLE SHOCKS. TRANS-TRANBRAKE/SHIFT KIT. ART CARR 3400 STALL. MOTOR STOCK LONG.HEMCO-UPPER. 65MM T/B.OO9S. AJUST REG. VOLT BOOSTER. T/H "3 DOWN. DUMP. 2/12 EXHT. NO CAT.9" INT FILTER. GT-6152E TURBO. INTERCOOLER. TWO STOCK WELDED TOGETHER. BESIDE TUNING TUNING AND MORE TUNING. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?? 28" SLICKS.? DIFF TORQUE CONVERTER? DUTTWILLER NECK? THANKS YOU. ALL. FOR YOUR HELP. :D

Frank,
It will take a fair bit of tuning, a solid 60ft, and a bunch of patience. I am sure you will need to close in on the 30 psi mark. 28in tires may be necessary as well to keep the rpm down through the traps. I only got to 11.4 with my stock combo with a TE-44 and 24psi @ 121 mph, with a 1.64 sixty foot. I wish I would have been more patient with the stock motor.
Good luck, and remember to be patient, and really be aware of everything the car does. It will take a fair bit of street driving, and a bunch of C-16 gas!
Brian

Frank, did you see my thread :) I think the first thing that will hurt you is the 26" slicks. 28" will help alot. With unported heads, be prepared to run alot of boost. I used a Joe Lubrant chip with 27 degrees of timing. I do not know the size difference between that turbo and the pt54 you sold me, put I ran 30+psi. You will probally also need a 1.5X 60'.

Good luck and let me know how you do!

I'd say first thing would be fuel delivery. Looks like you got stock pump and 009 injectors. How about: Walbro 340 hot wired pump and 60 pound high Z injectors, with a chip for them, of course? Alky would be something to look at, also. HTH.

10s

guys i have a walbro 340 hotwire pump. forgot to add tranlator plus. with chip. what about the convertor. and duittweiler neck on intercooler? brian good to here from you. how is everything. trans is in good running order. fro those of you who don't know brian. HE SALE;S A VERY NICE 2004R. IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO UP GRADE YOUR TRANS. JUST CALL OR MAIL HIM. HE WILL WORK WITH YOU. ALSO KEVIN.I REAR YOUR POST LOVED IT. MADE ME WANT TO TRY. EVEN IF I DON'T HIT THE MARK. AT LEAST I WILL STAY OUT OF TROUBLE. HOW ABOUT A BIGGER INTAKE HOSE TINMAN SETUP?. KEEP TWEAKING THIS THREAD. THANK YOU ALL. FRANK. (THE BOLTON BULLITT) :D

You will need a double pumper or meth injection to feed the fuel demand. You will need 30+ psi with the unported heads and a good 60'. A single walbro probably wont be enough to keep up with the 75psi fuel pressure you will need to have at 30+psi. 60's would be the min injector without methanol. I would look into methanol injection. Run the tallest tire you can with the stock cam and heads. My best times were with a 29.5 slick with the stock combo. Keep the rpm down to go fast.