11.42 @ 122.46 on 93 octane only

toomanymodz

There must have been no track prep whatsoever because a lot of people were doing 'John Force' burnouts. I'm disappointed in the ET, but pleased with the MPH. My car usually 60 foots in the 1.5x or low 1.6x. Tonight it was 1.84 to 1.98. I pretty much had to resort to zero-psi launches and easing the throttle down instead of mashing it.

60 ft: 1.846
330: 4.899
1/8 mile: 7.409 @ 97.70
1000 ft: 9.584
1/4 mile: 11.424 @ 122.46

I'm running the new 6466CEA turbo running 20-21 psi. My old turbo, a 6765 posted a best of 11.18 @ 119.4 running 17-19 psi.

My 60 foot was 3 tenths slower than normal. Track prep was awful. Maybe I had too much air in the bags. I let 5 psi out of each then got back in line. The weather forecast said 'no chance of rain'. Well, it started pouring and they shut the track down. Florida weather is very unpredictable and it rains a lot here.

toomanymodz said:
There must have been no track prep whatsoever because a lot of people were doing 'John Force' burnouts. I'm disappointed in the ET, but pleased with the MPH. My car usually 60 foots in the 1.5x or low 1.6x. Tonight it was 1.84 to 1.98. I pretty much had to resort to zero-psi launches and easing the throttle down instead of mashing it.

60 ft: 1.846
330: 4.899
1/8 mile: 7.409 @ 97.70
1000 ft: 9.584
1/4 mile: 11.424 @ 122.46

I'm running the new 6466CEA turbo running 20-21 psi. My old turbo, a 6765 posted a best of 11.18 @ 119.4 running 17-19 psi.

My 60 foot was 3 tenths slower than normal. Track prep was awful. Maybe I had too much air in the bags. I let 5 psi out of each then got back in line. The weather forecast said 'no chance of rain'. Well, it started pouring and they shut the track down. Florida weather is very unpredictable and it rains a lot here.

Great 93 only pass,
What was the a/f and timing?

The A/F was 11.3 in 1st/2nd gear, and 11.2 in 3rd. Timing was 20 degrees in 1st/2nd, then 19 in 3rd. I'll see if I can post up a log.

Here is a data log. Note that the boost reading is off by 2 or 3 psi. The voltage where I connected the powerlogger input must be off slightly and I'm too lazy to fix that. I trust the gauge not the log.

Some of these may have to be set in order for the log to display properly:
MAF is 255
Wideband is LC-1. The ECM reference volt adjustment for that is: 4.94999981
MAP sensor is 3-bar.
Since I installed the taller 295/55's, the MPH reads slightly slower than I'm actually going.

Attachments

• weber_bradenton5.dat
    119.5 KB · Views: 106
I had a friend observe my car at the track. He said the front lifted nicely, but the rear hardly squatted at all. I'm considering on purchasing the HRParts rear sway bar and removing the air bags. My car launches well on a good prepped track, but does terribly on the street or a non-prepped track. Who has done this mod and what improvements did you see at the track, and on the street? I'd hate to spend $530 only to have the same (or worse) performance.

AF ratio look's real good for that run. I'm surprised you could get away with that much timing on 93 octane with no knock. Only thing that sticks out that I would check out is that the logger says 12.5v for most of the run. I would just verify that the logger has an off voltage reading from what the alternator is putting out. Don't want the pump to be shorted on voltage and not supply enough fuel.

I have an HR bar and could notice a big difference just street launching with the bar. Everything I have read around here says they are top notch for drag racing and the guys over there are great guys as well.

Congrats! Strong pump only pass.
Thank you. Yeah, the engine is running strong (as always). It's nice to drive a 4 hour round-trip to the strip with the A/C on and cruise set, spank a few cars then drive home. I beat every car that was next to me except for a GT-R. It was my first pass and I did a John Force. He did 10.90 pass at around 122 MPH. Later the GT-R's (there were two of them) were doing mid 11's at 122 MPH. If I had some traction that night, I coulda spanked 'em.

My 2nd run was against a Mustang. I had a passenger in the car so I had to promise the track official that I would only do a half-pass. The mustang launched first, cutting a .184 light to my 1.464. I know what he was thinking 'I am winning, I am winning'. haha. I quickly reeled him in and passed him at the 1/8th mark. Him: 8.88 at 79.85 Me: 7.29 at 96.20 then I laid on the brakes and our 1/4 mile times were Him: 13.77 at 99.12 Me: 13.14 at 53.98 So basically he got a 1 1/2 second head start, I blew past him, then slammed on the brakes and still cut a better ET. Haha.

Then I had a 350Z want to run me. I later learned that the driver thought my car was a Monte Carlo. His passenger informed him that he was about to get is @zz handed to him by a Grand National. I handed it to him on a silver platter. He ran a low 14.

Then I had a modded Camaro that wanted to try me. I had terrible traction at the launch, a 1.986 sixty foot, but I still managed an 11.69 at 122 MPH to his 12.55 at 109. Haha.

It's time for some suspension mods now. I'm going to get the HR bar, Moser axles and rear girdle. I'm still running stock boxed uppers/lowers so I may consider going aftermarket. I love the billet Metco lowers, they sure look purdy.

i ran the 295-55-15 with an hr bar and airbags and the 64billet 68bb but the tnetics version.best pass on that tire was a 6.70 1/8 with a best of 1.52 60ft on a bad track.you should keep the airbags even if you grab the bar.mine liked 10lt 20rt and would lift both wheels and wrinkle the drag radial.thats good mph for pure pump gas.

The 93 has ethanol. I usually buy Shell 93. I tried 21 pounds in the tires, then lowered the pressure to 19 but no improvement. I had 10 psi in the driver's bag and 15 psi in the passenger bag. I love the new 6466CEA dbb turbo, for it really spools fast and works together with the engine when street driving. The down-side is it hits full boost quickly at the track and blows the tires off. My old 6765 turbo would spool slower, so it wouldn't hit full boost until the top of 1st gear, just as it shifted into 2nd. If I could get good traction then 1.4x should be possible. With my old, mostly stock engine it did a best of 1.52 on slicks.

A 1.55 60 foot and that 122 mph is a 10.90. I've done 10.91 at 121mph on a 1.55 60. Good numbers! I went to BMP on thurs for TnT and it was hooking. Too bad it wasn't hooking Sat. I got 1.8's out of my 17 street tires just taking it easy on the new trans to see where it shifts. I went 11.8 without even getting on it and letting off early :) There is ethanol free gas on my way to the track off east Fruitville Rd in Sarasota.

There is a money race (street cars) at BMP on the morning of the 21st. I think its on grab-a-lane dot com.

Man.. I miss the days of racing at Bradenton. Next time you guys plan to go, let me know and Ill see if I can get my buddy Nelson to bring his Stage II street car out.

HEY JAY - speaking of Bradenton - see anyone you know?

TerryGNstanding.jpg

Ha! Blast from the past. You can even see my old Mustang in that picture back there.

Hope youre doing well :) Good to still see you around!

Ok, I made the 4 hour round-trip to Bradenton again. Sunny, upper 70's and I got the line-lock hooked up so that I could do better burnouts. 18 psi in the tires, running the new HR rear bar and about 3 psi in the bags.

7 psi launch, total boost 20-21 psi. Pump 93 octane only, no alky:

60 ft: 1.605
330: 4.502
1/8th mile: 6.98 @ 98.06 MPH
1000 ft: 9.152
1/4 mile: 10.981 @ 123.37 MPH