11.5 on pump gas??

DR. EVIL

THE DARKSIDE
I've heard some rumors about a TTA running south of 11.5 on pump gas and street tires at the track. It has a single turbo and a modified intercooler and that's all I can tell from the pic. The turbo doesn't appear to be massive either, it's got a stock heat sheild on it. Any ideas on what mods could yeild this kind of power?

With alky injection,I can see it very possible.

Unless there tons of head work,big cam,big injectors,etc running low boost..I cant see it.

My sig is stock inj,turbo,tranny,converter,IC on 93 w/alky...with some slicks high 11's are mine.Or great track prep :rolleyes:

Have to agree. With an alky kit, you can run some pretty good times.

I'm hoping to hit mid 11s with the mods I did over the winter. New turbo, injectors, and complete exhaust. I'll be on pump gas running whatever boost I can get away with, 20-23psi.

You two guys still battling it out? When are you going to break the Barrier??

Originally posted by TTA89
You two guys still battling it out? When are you going to break the Barrier??
I haven't been able to run the since early December. I could have done it then if the traction was there. I was hitting mid-upper 112 mph that day but with crappy 1.8 short times.

I'll be hitting the track next week and should do it then. I'm sure Julio will hit the mark before me though. I'm surprised he hasn't done it yet.

Hey Julio, are you going to do it this weekend? Or you going to let me do it first? :)

Its entirely possible if the guy had a really loose convertor and a cam with a lot of duration and ran a moderate amount of boost with a decent sized turbo. There is a guy on the board.......I think his screename is maverick and I believe it was Mike Licht who verified this combo and said it really did work. The car ran on 93 or 94 octane pump gas and flat out flew.

So I guess cause I had 1 gallon of pumpgas in the tank I can say I ran 11.25@121 on pumpgas?

Alky doesnt count!!!!!

according to Mike Licht it was real pump gas with no alky. If you dont believe it, then ask Mike.

Rob,
Going thursday nite :)..hopefully it'll be cooler than 95 degrees..here comes spring.

I'll post results.

I've been sidetracked constantly by little odds and ends.That tranny mystery cost me 3 months.

Hey Razor:

How do you run so deep into the 12's at only 112mph with such a crappy 60' ?? This isnt a flame I'am just curious. A few years ago I had a GN with some bolt ons that I only took to the track once. Best I did that day was a 13.04@111 with a 2.0x sixty. Man drag racing is confusing because with almost identical 60's and basically same mph wouldnt that mean that we must have accelerated from 60' to 1320' at pretty much the same pace? Man I regrette like crazy not taking that car to the track at least a few more times with a scan tool and some slicks. Always bugged the crap out of me wondering what I might have been able to squeeze out of her. There was way to many unanswered variables to even guess........GOD that drives me nuts! Kind of ranks up there with the old "What if I would have asked her out back when we was in high school things"

Jason

Postal,you didnt mention your 1/8 mile times on that run.

I ran mid feb on slicks 1.63 60 foot and a 12.23 but only 106 mph.

Fixed my mph issue.And next time out...112.50

Maybe your car spun tires,you let off of it,then you mashed the pedal..dunno.

But look at et/mph and its rite.FWIW my previous run to that one was a 12.70 at 111.70 with a 2.25 60 foot.Followed a Honda :mad:

Hopefully tommorrow 11's are mine

Come to think about it..

Postal, actually looking over old time slips...yours doesnt make any sense.I ran 13.0's with a 2.0 60 foot and only 105 mph.That mph should have gotten you 12.70's or better.

Just some observance :)

11's on the pump

Our's is not exactly a stock engine or stock heads or a TTA but it is a F-Body :)

86 Camaro, TTA front mount (CAS) JE pistons,Stock rods,crank,block@.30,Comp cams 218,out of the box GN1heads,stock intake&Plenum, .70mmTB,.72mm turbo,stock headers(GN) Fast System w/72lb/hr inj on 93 pump gas through the mufflers on ET Streets *with smoked trans* about a 3/4 pass at Mid Mich motorplex at the the First FAST Event last fall.

60" was 1.51 leaving with 3lbs boost

11.31@117mph with 14lbs/boost.
It was about 55deg out that day so I'm sure that helped.
I think I was in a gear even though the RPM's just hung around 5900 after 1st . I realy never felt it shift. The fluid smelt like burnt dog hair

Lance pointed out that we needed to move the FP regulator and lines around because we were leaning out on the passenger side bank. We also needed to move the air temp sensor into the plenum and a few other little items. :D Thanks agian Lanc and Craig Hope there are more events this year!

Sorry Razor didnt see your replies. I dont know what the the 1/8 mile times where or the mph's. Shiat I will be wondering for the rest of my life! grrrrrrr.

I am planning on trying to go mid 11's this summer on pump gas and SMC alky kit. I think its going to be all up to how I launch the car. Iam putting alot of expectations on this 9" Iam putting into my TTA. Hoping like hell I can hold and hook up 15#'s or more off the line. Hell Ill launch at what ever my set up will allow me to. One thing my GN taught me is the track is too damn short to "make up" the time by running hard out the back.

Jason