You can type here any text you want

11.50 build

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SIXBANGR

mean old man
Slowing this thing down, no real racing around here. I just traded for a baby turbo and will be building a new short block,maybe. I have a small roller 206/206 that i will be using and will use good pistons. Will I need steel caps? Just bought a motor that could go in as is and it is not capped. I have a PTE stock location, FAST, PTC converter and built trans. Good stock ported heads.Turbo is a PT54.If I don't need to pull this new block I just got apart to have it capped it would be nice. I will if you all think i should.

If you are going to stay around 11.50 then I would say no...you don't need steel caps...just don't detonate...I ran 11.40's for years on my stock block ...stock unported heads...flat tappet 206/206...28 PSI boost...but I ran pure C-16...hard to detonate on that stuff...

thanks for the reply. Just got a long block that was redone with 10,000 miles on it but no caps. I broke my original block and crank years ago running 11.01. I am slowing this thing way down in my old age. No cage any more so 11.50 is all I want.

With the ported heads you should be able to run 11.50's at a lot less boost than I did...just make sure you have enough fuel and enough octane(using race fuel...alchy...whatever) and you should be able to run those numbers all day long...

Back