12" brakes - 15" TType wheels

Roger

Baer has discontinued their 12" conversion which fit the T-Type aluminum wheels.

I want to keep the original "sleeper" look of the T Type. I've NEVER been happy with aftermarket wheels on any car I've owned.

I want to go to 12" brakes & actually had the $$ in hand when I called Baer today to get absolutly nowhere - I will NOT upgrade to 11" brakes - ain't worth the $$ for so little gain.

Anybody have suggestions where to find a conversion that'll work with my wheels???

TIA

Roger

I machined a set of WE4 wheels to fit the 12" brakes.

A spacer is needed I think it's 3/16" available in steel from Baer.

Didn't try them with my car since I am going with American Racing wheels that are cheap light and have a nice star pattern number is 23 I think.

They fit with no spacers and no clearance issues and look great.

Now I need to find out how to keep my car from rolling off if you know what I mean. :eek:

I really did want to try the 15" T wheels but maybe someday I'll toss a set of tires on them and see if they hold up, only cut back the beefy area where they interfere with the caliper.

Just my .02 from having the same problem.

If I get a chance I'll post some pics. of what I did to get them to fit. :)

Thanks for the info salvageV6.

I'll give Baer another call monday to ask about the spacers & clearance problems. I would prefer the 1.25" rotors over the .810" rotors anyways.

I was surprised that Rick at Baer didn't have any suggestions.

I also tried Jack Cotton & was unable to get through on the phone. I'm hoping he'll answer my e-mail.I would definately want to see any pics you can post.

Thanks,

Roger

Jack has the old style 12's and his fit most wheels. :)

Trust me the wheels won't fit with just spacers.

I cut about an inch back in the beefy area where the chamfer is on the inside face of the wheel.

Rick is absolutely correct in telling you they won't fit no matter what.

I did a drastic step in machining the wheels. Some will say I am on a death mission in using them others will say they are twice as thick as a drag rim. ;)

Not sure how they test wheels for strength and all but I bet it's a destructive test. :eek:

I finally got through to Jack Cotton & he made me a super good deal on the Baer 12". I'll have them shortly.
Thanks for reminding me to contact Jack.

Does anyone know if the globalwest kit will work with the 15" aluminums?
Yeah, it just won't work with the steel GN wheels. I also wouldn't buy anything from the except the arms, you can piece everything together for much cheaper.

Here's a link to an album with some photos of the machined T wheels in it that will fit the Baer 15" brake system.

I went with American Racing 23's that fit fine instead.

I may test these out some day with snow tires or something to see how strong they are on the car.

The AR's are a good cheap nice looking rim to fit with the Baer fronts.

If I ever get the backs I believe they should fit there as well.

http://members12.clubphoto.com/allan631980/1702570/owner-0a12.phtml

Actually my post was for Roger since I promised him some pics. of T wheels from my WE4 that could fit the Baer brakes. :)

Your aluminum wheels are 85's I think? Not sure but older anyway.

See the first couple of posts up top. ;)

The B spindle Junkyard 12" conversion works fine with 86-87 T-type wheels. It offsets the wheels 5/8" outward, but the still fit fine.