You can type here any text you want

125 shot of Nitrous

• Thread starter Thread starter BBTurbo
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
B

BBTurbo

What will this do to this car? I need this car to jump and run. If I cut the exhaust off at the downpipe will this help? How do I jet the quadrajet to handle this? I need the jump and run. Thanks, Brandon

One step at a time. Do you have a boost gauge? , Replacing the downpipe is good for .5 second. , But you have to be carefull of boost creep.

The q-jet secondary can be fattened or leaned out by changing rod's & hangers.

NOS will help, but IMO tune the car for the best performance before you had that.

Just my opinion.

125 h.p. shot of Nitrous is a big shot. You'll find that a turbo car can do a lot more with a smaller shot. (cold dense intake charge) I run a maximum of 50 h.p. shot fogger nozzle just ahead of the turbo inlet and it dropped my times by 1.4 seconds in the Quarter mile. Be careful not to go to crazy or you will be replacing lots of head gaskets or worse. Take Fred's advise and make sure everything else is maxiumized and in proper working order.

When you ran that 50 shot what octane fuel & what boost levels are you running?

Fred, I would run with 104 Unleaded race gas at the track with about 15-16psi of boost. Had to take a bounch of timing out to prevent detonation. I am in the process of installing a MSD boost timing master ignition box to hel control timing under boost/Nitrous conditions.

I can't recall the total timing, but initial timing was set at about 10-11 degrees. Normally I would run about 15-16 degrees without the Nitrous.

Back