You can type here any text you want

15"tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Walker

Tommy2Tone
Does anyone make decent 15" tires that handle well? Got my suspension about done and now I find that the old hard tires won't hold in the curves. Not a must for this years list, but I would like to be saving up for some. Got BFGDRs for straight on streetin', but in daily driving I like to take the ramps a little hot! Any ideas? Don't care what brand.

15" tire recommendations

Guess no one has an opinion on this subject. Until I can afford 17s(2007) I need to find tires that corner reasonably well. Anybody....?

Tires

I went with Yokohama Avid ST on mine. 275/60R15 on 8" rims out back and 235/60R15 on 7" up front. They were "rated" just below Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's on TireRack.com website and were $62 cheaper for the set. I admit price was a factor when I bought, but I am more than pleased with the performance. Good rain traction. I think if you want curve handling, maybe go with a 60 series out back. You can probably get the Firehawks for $350/set or so. There's lot of choices for 15" tires, so look on TireRack.com and DiscountTire.com to get started. HTH.

I've had two Firehawks blow out on the highway. Wouldn't buy them again. Also had a set of Dunlops that became "cupped" and are very loud on the highway. Car and Driver December 2005 rated tires. They like the Goodyear Eagle F-1 GS-D3 the best ($156ea) at Tire Rack. Problem is, TireRack says expected date they plan on getting any is 3/3/06. It had been 2/3/06. Second place tire is Continental ContiSport Contact 2. HTH.

i have Bfg Traction T/A V rated they are great and 255/60/15 rear 235/60/15 front and corner great too but i heard also that if the rear size is diff from front it will effect handling i havent had a problem as for shocks a i have the kyb,s and stock springs holds fine

I've had BFG Radial T/A's on three different cars. Very happy with them. Good life out of them (well, as good as can be expected considering I burn the sh!t out of 'em), good ride, good handling (for their size). They smoke and squeal quite well too. ;)

I have 235/60SR15's on my GN right now. Makes for easy tire rotation, but crappy traction off the line. But traction is a common TR problem. :D

Steve

Back