You can type here any text you want

15x10 at the rear?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8urV8

Any info would be great on this subject.Wanted to try a set of 15x10's with a4-1/2 back spacing at the rear.
1.Is that possible?
2.What would I need to do any notching of the frame?
3.Will this weaken the frame if possible?
4.I wanted a 15x8 at the rear with a 3-1/2 back spacing,but the wheel doesn't come in that size.
5.Do I need a spacer to help out and what street tires sizes would you recommend.Slicks I have 30x10,28x10,and 26x10.

Might work. I used to have 15x10 with only 4" backspacing and had a 325 tire on it. Didn't notice any rubbing, only after removing the wheels and tires the next season did I see slight scuff marks on the outer wheel lip where they must have come into contact a few times.

4.5" will work in terms of the wheel it just depends on the tire and how far it's going to stick out from the wheel. Notching the frame will help with clearance and won't affect strength if you box it in properly.

If it does end up rubbing you COULD use a spacer, but I'm guessing since you're talking about 10" wheels and slicks, you're going to race this thing, and spacers can be dangerous in that situation. I use wheel spacers on my car but it's street driven.

I have 15X10 with a complete frame notch and a little widening of the wheel tubs. The first rims I had on the rear were BS Street lites with 5.5 B/S which fit the wheel well but wouldn't clear the brake rotor.
The rims I have on it now are a 5" B/S and fit both inside and wheel lip. The tire is a 28X11.5 slick.
You may have to roll the lip with a 4.5 B/S and do a half frame notch. Which done right won't take away any strength. I used a 3/16" plate as well as 1 1/4" tubing on the inside which was left over from my cage. If you do a frame notch to the seam you should only need the 3/16" plate.

For street tires I plan on running a 295X65 drag radial which may not work without a frame notch.
A 29.5X10.5 M/T slick on a 15X10 rim and 5" B/S wouldn't fit with the frame notch on mine. A 30X10.5 Goodyear slick on the same rim just barely fit.
Here's a picture with the 15X10 and 5" B/S with the 28X11.5 slick.
3067349_8_full.jpg

I have 15 x 9 with 4 1/2 backspace & no issues with 275 x 50 Nittos.

I have 15/10's w 4.5 BS Drag Stars on my GN. No frame or body mods. I do have air bags and run 275-60 15 Nittos. They are a little wider than the wheel and with no air in the bags, the passenger side will chirp the wheel well on a quick road dip. With air in bags, no problems.

GN1.jpg

I have 15/10's w 4.5 BS Drag Stars on my GN. No frame or body mods. I do have air bags and run 275-60 15 Nittos. They are a little wider than the wheel and with no air in the bags, the passenger side will chirp the wheel well on a quick road dip. With air in bags, no problems.

GN1.jpg

How is it with slicks.I have a fully built rear end with air bags as well.What size do you run on yours?

I just put 15 x 10's on my car with 4 1/2 bs. You will want to make sure the rear end is centered with the body and the frame too if it is not notched. My frame is notched and I cut the lips off. I run 28 x 10 slicks. A friend of mine runs the same wheels/tires & got away with rolling the lips-no notch but its real tight.

Attachments

• John_Plog_GN_New_Wheels 004.jpg
    John_Plog_GN_New_Wheels 004.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,086
Last time I ran slicks I think they were 26 or 28 x 10's - been way too long to remember and I lost the tires and wheels in a house fire. Oh yeah, those rims MELT. I didn't have any problems with them BUT I think they were 8" rims.

And DON'T run a spacer if the car makes any power. I bent all 10 wheel studs this way.

8urV8,

I have some 15x10 bogarts with almost new slicks if you're interested. I'm thinking about selling them (since I don't have a running car). They won't be cheap, but they are nice and you can test fit them before purchasing - I am in San Antonio.

John

8urV8,

I have some 15x10 bogarts with almost new slicks if you're interested. I'm thinking about selling them (since I don't have a running car). They won't be cheap, but they are nice and you can test fit them before purchasing - I am in San Antonio.

John

John I know they ain't cheap I have D-10's on my '02 Lightning and thats another story. I was thinking of Bogarts,Hole Shots,or the new Greg Weld "Dragster" set.I don't know what I want yet,I'm still debating.

I have 15"x10" 4.75" BS rims on my 28"x10.5" MT slicks. No frame notch, no rubbing. Only mod was removing the trim around the wheel wells and rolling the lip.

And DON'T run a spacer if the car makes any power. I bent all 10 wheel studs this way.

I know lots of guys running 8' and 9's in the 1/4 with wheel spacers and no problems. There was a post on the yellowbullet site not long ago and there were guys running 7's with spacers.

I know lots of guys running 8' and 9's in the 1/4 with wheel spacers and no problems. There was a post on the yellowbullet site not long ago and there were guys running 7's with spacers.

If a guy can afford to build a 7, 8, or 9 second car why wouldn't he spend the money to put the right size wheel on the car? Spacers may be ok for a street car, but they are dangerous on the track, thats why they are not allowed per nhra rules. A couple months back I saw a 10 second nova drive right over the slick & hit the wall after the studs broke, then I saw the spacer laying there on the track.

If a guy can afford to build a 7, 8, or 9 second car why wouldn't he spend the money to put the right size wheel on the car?

You'd have to ask them that. Just do a search over on the yellowbullet site and you'll find a few quick cars using them.
I have heard stories of them causing the studs to break but have been racing every weekend in the summer for 15 years and yet to see it happen.
I don't know about NHRA but IHRA allows them in most if not all door slammer class's.
Bickel sells spacers and I don't think he does much bussiness with the street crowd.

The guys I know who use them all use the billet ones and not the one from China.

Back