You can type here any text you want

16'' GTA backspacing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

feotram

Does anyone know the backspacing of the 16x8 GTA FRONT wheels? May try M&H 275 55 16 28inch drag radials on my GN but not sure if they rub. All info is appreciated,THANX!:)

Does anyone know the backspacing of the 16x8 GTA FRONT wheels? May try M&H 275 55 16 28inch drag radials on my GN but not sure if they rub. All info is appreciated,THANX!:)

"feotram", I have some but they're mounted on 10" wide GTA wheels with a rear spacing of 4.25" and they fit ok, no rubbing at all. I have rolled the fender lip, but I think they would still fit without having to roll them. As for using them on 8" wide wheels, you'd probably be ok, but I haven't tried that wheel/tire combo...

Claude :)

I'm after the same thing! With the same rims!

For this car...

255-50-16's on it now and I can't fit my fingers between the frame and the tire..

I'm after the same thing! With the same rims!

For this car...

255-50-16's on it now and I can't fit my fingers between the frame and the tire..
Scot, yes they're close to the frame, but if you want, you can always use a 1 1/2" thick wheel spacer to move the whole wheel outboard and not only it increases the tire-to-frame clearance, but it also gives the car a wider stance which makes the car look much better! See this link: Wheel Adapters Spacers

Claude :smile:

Scot, yes they're close to the frame, but if you want, you can always use a 1 1/2" thick wheel spacer to move the whole wheel outboard and not only it increases the tire-to-frame clearance, but it also gives the car a wider stance which makes the car look much better! See this link: Wheel Adapters Spacers

Claude, Thanks for the link but it's all japanese to me. lol Which ones would I need?

Scot W.

Claude, Thanks for the link but it's all japanese to me. lol Which ones would I need?

Scot W.

Scot, the ones you want are the second ones from the top (Wheel Adapter 5 Lug 4.75" To 5 Lug 4.75" Pair). Click on them and it'll open a new page where you'll be able to chose the thickness you want (in my case they're 1.25" thick), that's all...

Scot, the ones you want are the second ones from the top (Wheel Adapter 5 Lug 4.75" To 5 Lug 4.75" Pair). Click on them and it'll open a new page where you'll be able to chose the thickness you want (in my case they're 1.25" thick), that's all...

Thank you!

Thinking of doing the same thing with the GTA wheels on the back of my GN. I was going to use the Hub Centric Wheel Adapter 5 Lug 4.75" Corvette pair. Claude, do you have any pics of your car with the 1.25" spacers? Thanks

Eric

"turboeric", here are two pics I took yesterday evening.The 4 wheels are GTA "fronts" with the two rear ones installed using a 1.25" thick spacer...

Claude, your car looks really good and I like the rear stance with the 1.25" spacer. Thanks again for posting pics. Now if only my car looked that nice.

Eric

Looks good Claude, those GTA wheels look 100% better when they're spaced out in back.

Thanks Scott for your comments!...I eventually ended with TWO sets of GTA wheels...:eek: One set of four 8" wide "fronts" and another set of custom-made 10" wide for the rear and 5" for the front. I'm only using the spacers at the rear with the stock 8" wide "fronts" as the back spacing on them is a little too much and the look a little "tucked in". The spacers correct this and they look just ok. I'm not using any spacer with the 10" wide wheels though as I've tried before and it looked too much "spaced out" like you said.

Back